Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slapped cheek !!!???

Options
  • 10-07-2012 7:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭

Hello there

Does anyone have any knowledge of this illness ? My daughter 3 and half has had really bright red cheeks past 2 days and feeling under the weather and running a temp this evening.

I looked up her symptoms and all points to Slapped cheek disease which is seemingly a really common childhood illness I had never heard of it in my life. Seemingly it's quite harmless and there is no treatment. :confused:

Just wondering has anyone any experience of it and could anyone recommend something I could give her to help her she says her cheeks feel hot and burn. I gave her Calpol but thought a cream or something might help.

I also have a 2 and a half year old and a 7 week old . I hope they all dont get it especially the newborn :(

Thanks in advance can't believe I have gone all my life without hearing of this illness !!!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

HI I think mine have prob had it too. They seem to come out of it very quickly though. I used calpol, plenty of drinks and a bath if they felt like it.
    Maybe use E45 or some moistouriser or use a cool damp face cloth if she feels uncomfortable.
    Once toddler is not using baby's dodo bottle then I imagine baby is unlikely to get it. But obviously call doctor if you have any doubts.
    Hope they all better soon:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cbyrd

My2 year old had this.. he was very out of sorts for about 2 weeks and then got the rash on his face..and his chest. It really drained him, he's such an active child and to see him falling asleep for an hour or 2 a few times a day was horrible.. he was grand again after about 2 weeks, i got him Pharmaton for kids cos it has an appetite increaser as well as the vitamins.. got him back on track in no time ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭lounakin

Emcm wrote: »
    Hello there

Does anyone have any knowledge of this illness ? My daughter 3 and half has had really bright red cheeks past 2 days and feeling under the weather and running a temp this evening.

I looked up her symptoms and all points to Slapped cheek disease which is seemingly a really common childhood illness I had never heard of it in my life. Seemingly it's quite harmless and there is no treatment. :confused:

Just wondering has anyone any experience of it and could anyone recommend something I could give her to help her she says her cheeks feel hot and burn. I gave her Calpol but thought a cream or something might help.

I also have a 2 and a half year old and a 7 week old . I hope they all dont get it especially the newborn :(

Thanks in advance can't believe I have gone all my life without hearing of this illness !!!!!
    That's a classic sign of the 5th infantile illness! Take her to the doctor as she might need stronger medicine! I don't think your little ones will catch it as it seems to only hit from a certain age.

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭Emcm

Thanks folks for all your replies I think I am gonna take her to doctor as tonight she has complained about her mouth being sore she seems to have ulcers or something. She had Hand foot and mouth at Christmas so I am wondering if it could be this she did have a wee rash on her mouth with that though it was not as bright red as this one.
    Unless she has both, the joys of play school they pick up everything :eek:

Poor wee poppet !

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

Ah the poor thing hopefully doc can give her something to sort mouth. (or at the least put your mind at rest:))
    All the best

• Advertisement
Advertisement