Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What to do with my Wisteria

Options
  • 10-07-2012 7:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭

Hello again

The new challenge is the Wisteria. It was planted about 6 years ago and is growing at the front of the house. I haven't taken any specific care of it but now want to hear what people would suggest I do. I've attached some pics. The "bloom" one was taken to demonstrate the colour, but also demonstrates the lack of colour!

The main problem I think is that it's woody and I am wondering if I should take the plunge and cut it right back. But that seems extreme as there is good growth on it at the top. I have included pic of my neighbour's one where she does give it attention. Her wall is south facing whereas mine is west facing.

Would really appreciate any help or advice on what I should do with in terms of pruning.

Thanks

Advertisement