Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

dromahair

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭Reader1937

Right, got it. I suppose if I am serious about relocating I will have to get an internet based business off the ground..where there's a will there's a way.

Have a look at www.propertypriceregister.ie for actual prices paid for properties - it only handles private properties.
    Dromahair is a nice village with lots of history and in a good location for outdoor enjoyments as well as it's location close to Sligo.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 caitlinoruairc

Reader1937 wrote: »
    Have a look at www.propertypriceregister.ie for actual prices paid for properties - it only handles private properties.
    Dromahair is a nice village with lots of history and in a good location for outdoor enjoyments as well as it's location close to Sligo.

Thank you so much for this link and for your comment. i will continue with my research into investing in the land of my ancestors!

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Nearly~November

Thank you so much for this link and for your comment. i will continue with my research into investing in the land of my ancestors!

Hi Caitlin,

I do hope you don't mind my replying to your post...!
    I am originally from Donegal, but currently living in Brighton. I'm currently saving and looking into finding a wee plot of land in Leitrim to return to a simpler life. I am an artist, massage therapist and am currently studying permaculture and sustainable building, and I hope to cultivate these if I manage to save enough money and find a suitable plot.

I wanted to just wish you luck in your search, really - and I do hope you find what you're looking for!
    S.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 caitlinoruairc

Hi Caitlin,

I do hope you don't mind my replying to your post...!
    I am originally from Donegal, but currently living in Brighton. I'm currently saving and looking into finding a wee plot of land in Leitrim to return to a simpler life. I am an artist, massage therapist and am currently studying permaculture and sustainable building, and I hope to cultivate these if I manage to save enough money and find a suitable plot.

I wanted to just wish you luck in your search, really - and I do hope you find what you're looking for!
    S.

Hi, nice of you to comment. I find it interesting that you are living in Brighton but still want to move to Leitrim. I lived in Brighton for ten years, and got a lot out of being on the coast, and the life down there, but eventually went back to London where I have spent most of my life. People go on about the bad weather in Ireland, lack of jobs etc but somehow I am still not buying into that as I think I could make a go of it, and you obviously do too as you know the territory and have been able to compare it to Brighton.
    For me its a case of when I get the money together which could be this year or early next, then seeing whats around to buy...
    Let me know if you get to that point too,
    c

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Nearly~November

I find it interesting that you are living in Brighton but still want to move to Leitrim. I lived in Brighton for ten years, and got a lot out of being on the coast, and the life down there,....People go on about the bad weather in Ireland, lack of jobs etc but somehow I am still not buying into that as I think I could make a go of it, and you obviously do too as you know the territory and have been able to compare it to Brighton.
    Let me know if you get to that point too,
    c

Hi again,
    Ha! that's a funny coincidence! Brighton is a great spot - I do love it; but I hanker after my more wilder home most of the year. My OH is based in Brighton for work and I don't think I'd ever like to lose my link to this place...

The weather in Ireland can be harsh - especially along the west coast...and I've had manys a grim dark and rather depressing winter there!

You're right about the lack of jobs - I only went as far as the UK; my two younger brothers are both out in Australia and our hometown had a distinct lack of people aged 18-35. But I think with burgeoning interest of a generally more cost-effective self-sufficient lifestyle I heartily agree that a grand life can be had in Ireland :) sigh; It's important not to romanticise of course...

If/when I manage to buy my wee plot, I would ideally spend periods during the year both in Ireland and here in Brighton.

I have toyed with the idea of buying a plot with a few others and dividing it up; so everyone had their own privacy but are able to tend to each other's plots - or - dare I say it - have a community garden-type set up in the middle.

Anyway...I'm rambling. Be great to hear how your plans progress, too.
    S.

• Advertisement
Advertisement