Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mushroomhead

• 10-07-2012 7:56pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭

What do people think of these guys?

Mushroomhead is an industrial metal band that was formed in 1993. I never really knew much about them up until last year, but I think they have some decent songs.

I love these two songs by them. Note that the songs are very similiar and be joined together to form one full video. Save Us and Embrace the Ending.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

They have some decent songs that, whilst far from original sounding, certainly get the head bobbing.

Never could get why they tried so hard to call themselves Industrial metal though when their sound is clearly not so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 445 ✭✭viadah

Definitely a band with some good songs, and they were amazing at Ozzfest in Punchestown (if ya had professional earplugs that let you hear the music rather than the ****ing echo in that barn the second stage was in). But in fairness, their bad songs are bad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

I always enjoyed their cover of the Seal song 'Crazy' and that's really how I managed to get interested in them. I missed my chance to see them at Ozzfest but was delighted to hear they're still going nowadays as I found their XXX album at a Car Boot Sale and did some Wikipedia work on them to check their current status.

Not the most memorable band for their music, their masks and their similarity to Slipknot (in terms of appearance) is what made me remember them more. That whole stupid rivalry thing between them and Slipknot at the time was absurd.

For me they're a band that will forever help me remember 2002, and that's where they'll stay, as a prodominently Industrial Metal band I don't see them ever reaching the kind of peaks they did at the time again. I'd be surprised to hear one of their newer songs on Scuzz, for example.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 445 ✭✭viadah

'XX' was the only album of their's I bought, Could have benefitted from a better production, but since it was an album of old songs and re-recorded songs it was always going to be patchy. Some good songs on that album though.

And the 'Crazy' cover is decent, done properly - hidden at the end of an album, not released as a lead single.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

viadah wrote: »
    And the 'Crazy' cover is decent, done properly - hidden at the end of an album, not released as a lead single.

True, but even having done this, they couldn't have escaped the popularity of a Metal cover version and it was pretty much the exposure this song brought that got them signed to the Ozzfest Tour

Just noticed only 4 current members were present when the group recorded that song originally. They've actually hired a new Bassist and Guitarist this year actually

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

I had the "XX" album, I thought there were a few gems on it, loved "Never let it go".
    After that I didn't really hear much of them, I like the tune in the OP mind, I might have to hit up the oul download.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,095 ✭✭✭Jofspring

That version of crazy reminds me of the Lostprophets Shinobi vs Dragon Ninja for some reason.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Haven't heard much of'em since 2003/2004.

As mentioned above:
    Not the most memorable band for their music, their masks and their similarity to Slipknot (in terms of appearance) is what made me remember them more. That whole stupid rivalry thing between them and Slipknot at the time was absurd.

I recall there being a lot being said at the time in regards to this. As it was a regularly part of Mushroomhead's shows before Slipknot where around and something along teh lines of Slipknot ripping them off. Slipknot were just lucky enough to have more popularity before them IMO.

Advertisement