Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hamlets: Best Post

• 10-07-2012 7:59pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭

Post 1
    Reznov wrote:
    Leaviton wrote:
    "Write a short story in which a character is lost at sea with only a clinometer for help"
    I gasped - the torrent of waves oscillated me as though I was drift wood. Beyond the horizon I could see neither a ship nor land. Prayers surged to my mind regaining a long lost faith in religion and its belief in an omnipotent being. My eyes scanned the vast expanse of water in anguish, when to my surprise a clinometer bobbed not more than ten feet away. At that point I knew Divine Providence existed. I shouldn't have prayed to God, but instead the SEC who taught me to utilise the apparatus. In the mock I obtained an A1 in project Maths, excelling in trigonometry and use of measuring appurtenances. Traversing with pace across the ocean, I grasped the clinometer and began frantically measuring the angle of the horizon to ensure I was sane. Unfortunately it was 180 degrees - I was not in a nightmare. I was fūcked.

Post 2
    Superbus wrote:
    Eggy Baby! wrote:
    What time is regarded as too late to start studying (for the LC)?
    'bout 9:29 AM on June 6th.

Post 3
    Eathrin wrote:
    We went to Mountjoy for a school trip in TY, and a few of us we half expecting to be shot through the glass when we were driving through Tallaght!
    Jesus stop with the stereotyping

I was driving through Galway one time and I half expected a cow to projectile shít at me.

Post 4
    Togepi wrote:
    Patchy~ wrote:
    Omg I got 98 in my short story
    Lost 2 marks coz my teacher said I misused 'coruscate', he'd just never heard it used to mean 'sparkling' which is really weird since I had trouble finding its other meaning - coruscating criticism?
    So I looked it up on my phone and told him and asked if I now have 100/100 but he said no
    Either way I am sooo happy
    Patchy why can't you just use normal words like the rest of us??

Post 5
    Yes, I added the tag! Within my group of friends, I'm the one who gets bullied most for the luls. And now here too! >: O

I WILL RAPE YOU ALL WITH THE PENIS THAT I DEFINITELY HAVE
    AND YOU WILL ALL GET PREGNANT (yes, even you Cian) WITH THE SPERM THAT I MOST DEFINITELY PRODUCE

Now that all that testosterone is outta me, anyone gotta any more chick-flickey movie suggestions?

Get Voting Now!!

Best Post 31 votes

Post 1: Reznov
    0% 0 votes
    Post 2: Superbus
    58% 18 votes
    Post 3: Eathrin
    16% 5 votes
    Post 4: Togepi
    19% 6 votes
    Post5: Coeurdepirate
    6% 2 votes

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,572 ✭✭✭Canard

Omg that was a hard choice :D

Out of curiosity, why did Togepi say that? I have no memory of it! :P

Btw "I'm reznov! :) You're a stapler?" should so be there but I guess there needs to be competition ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

Eathrin, cause I laughed at myself rememberig myself laughing at it :cool:

It's shame Reznov wasn't around for the "Leaving cert dreams" thread. He would have pwnd it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭leaveiton

Yeoooooow, technically in the poll! :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,918 ✭✭✭Meowth

Patchy~ wrote: »

You were probably using your fancy schmancy words again and we didn't understand you :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

Omg that was a hard choice :D

Btw "I'm reznov! :) You're a stapler?" should so be there but I guess there needs to be competition ;)

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=78222552&postcount=778
    Because of this:p

I decided one post per person maximum, and that post by Reznov was even better for me:)

• Advertisement

Eathrin wrote: »
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=78222552&postcount=778
    Because of this:p

I decided one post per person maximum, and that post by Reznov was even better for me:)

Knew it was you using fancy words :P
    And look another fine example of you bragging all over the place "I only got 98/100" :P

How many subjects did you text me after the exam for and tell me you think you got your A1? :P Business, Economics, German....and complaining that you probably only got a B in honours maths! :P

How many subjects did you text me after the exam for and tell me you think you got your A1? :P Business, Economics, German....and complaining that you probably only got a B in honours maths! :P

nah I didn't get A1s in them, that was me being delusional :P and do you not remember most of those exams going horrendous on me :P :L

Dont you remember me after geography? All of your exams went godly in comparison :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

Dont you remember me after geography? All of your exams went godly in comparison :pac:

My Geography was the same as yours. Even though I didn't come on boards during the exams, when I opened the paper and saw none of the essays I had prepared came up in geoecology I thought to myself "AAAAHHHHH I should have listened to Patchy and done the Oceans".

Hands in my hair, look of disbelief and all that.

• Advertisement

Oh god did you not look at the oceans bit? Nothing I prepared came up either, and after me covering (but not learning :L) the entire syllabus except for the one essay in the last section, it came up too. :( And the water cycle 2 years in a row! But in a way I dont care, none of it made any sense and learning most of it would've proved useless anyway. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭Togepi

Meowth wrote: »
    You were probably using your fancy schmancy words again and we didn't understand you :P
    Eathrin wrote: »

Cian you should edit in Patchy's post so people can see the context, mine is nearly the only one without that! :P (I'm assuming I didn't quote him in my rush to type a highly hilarious post.) :rolleyes: :P

Is this an anonymous poll? *Votes for self* Lawl JK, Cian you get my vote, I laughed when you posted that and I laughed again there. The other guys' posts are brilliant though. :D And I've no idea how mine even got there, it's so unfunny compared to the rest!

Edit: Just voted, it couldn't be more anonymous. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭Coeurdepirate

I laughed so much at these :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Meowth wrote: »
    nah I didn't get A1s in them, that was me being delusional :P and do you not remember most of those exams going horrendous on me :P :L
    My Geography was the same as yours. Even though I didn't come on boards during the exams, when I opened the paper and saw none of the essays I had prepared came up in geoecology I thought to myself "AAAAHHHHH I should have listened to Patchy and done the Oceans".

Hands in my hair, look of disbelief and all that.
    Oh god did you not look at the oceans bit? Nothing I prepared came up either, and after me covering (but not learning :L) the entire syllabus except for the one essay in the last section, it came up too. :( And the water cycle 2 years in a row! But in a way I dont care, none of it made any sense and learning most of it would've proved useless anyway. :pac:
    Keep it on-topic, please! :cool:

/ducks

Togepi wrote: »
    Cian you should edit in Patchy's post so people can see the context, mine is nearly the only one without that! :P (I'm assuming I didn't quote him in my rush to type a highly hilarious post.) :rolleyes: :P

Is this an anonymous poll? *Votes for self* Lawl JK, Cian you get my vote, I laughed when you posted that and I laughed again there. The other guys' posts are brilliant though. :D And I've no idea how mine even got there, it's so unfunny compared to the rest!

Edit: Just voted, it couldn't be more anonymous. :P

Sorry I should have done that, but I copied them as they were posted and you did not quote Patchy!
    I laughed so much at these :D

As much as I loved Reznov's epic, I'm choosing yours for its unique comedy values. Such anger and determination.

1 more day left, voting has stalled anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭Coeurdepirate

"I gasped - the torrent of waves oscillated me as though I was drift wood."

Correct grammar would be 'as though I were drift wood'. You won't get 600 with that kind of carry on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭Togepi

I left for a couple of hours and missed the whole organisation of this. </3 If one of my posts even deserved slight consideration for this (not likely), it should have been this. :P

The moral of the story is, it should have been another Boardsie's post. </3

Advertisement