Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to get paper shredded?

Options
  • 10-07-2012 8:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭

Hi guys,

Can anyone recommend me somewhere that i could get a lot of paper shredded either very cheaply or for free?

Can't afford to buy a shredder and its a little too much paper to be burning up so i'm hoping to just find somewhere to get it all done in one go.

If anyone could suggest somewhere i'd really appreciate it.

Thanks
    DrF

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 StevenGerrard

Recycle Bin ?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

@StevenGerrad - If you have nothing worthwhile to post, do not bother posting.

tHB

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭DrFroggies

Anyone have any ideas at all???

Ideally it would be somewhere that i could shred it myself as there's a lot of personal information on there (old bank statements and similar going back a number of years). Normally i'd just burn them but as there's so much it's not an option.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭sgarvan

There is companies like shredit etc that you could pay to do it or you could buy a shredder in tesco (about €15-€20 I would say) and spend a couple of hours doing it yourself and then put the shreddings into your green bin

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

You could try Greg Reddin in Skerries.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Frank Spencer

Yes I've heard Greg Reddin is good for shreddin'!

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭NorthDub

i bought a basic tesco shredder and that does the job ok

sgarvan wrote: »
    There is companies like shredit etc that you could pay to do it or you could buy a shredder in tesco (about €15-€20 I would say) and spend a couple of hours doing it yourself and then put the shreddings into your green bin

At that price i would buy one! Cheers...I've just seen these two on Argos: http://www.argos.ie/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Search?storeId=10152&catalogId=14051&langId=111&searchTerms=paper+shredder&authToken=

Do any of you who've bought shredders reckon the above could handle a lot of paper (about the equivalent of 3 -4 phone books worth?
    You could try Greg Reddin in Skerries.

Nice one, I'll give this guy a call just in case the ones above can't handle the amount of papers i need to shred.

Thanks a million folks appreciate the suggestions here :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭sgarvan

Any of those shredders should handle a large amount of paper. I know the one I have has a cut out on it to stop the shredder burning out. That could be your only stumbling block

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭aine1980

I have the Alba shredder from Argos got it a few years back it's only €12.99 there now & it's still going strong.. I think the max number of pages is about 10 maybe - could be less.

• Advertisement

Just want to say thanks for all of your replies and let you know that i bought one of the Argos shredders and so far so good...I've begun the long process of shredding away at years worth of paper. Happy days!!!

Thanks folks!:)

Advertisement