Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

40mm ID soft washer

• 10-07-2012 8:53pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone knew anywhere to find a few odd sized rubber washers. It needs to have an inner diameter of 40mm, outer diameter between 45 and 50mm, and a thickness of 5mm or so.

I've only come across one website selling this size, an American audio enthusiast site. Those ones are too thin, at 1.6mm, and I'd rather not spend $16 on something which probably won't work as I'd hope.

The plan is to attach a circular piece of welding glass to the washer, which should fit over my compact camera's lens. I'd prefer a soft rubbery washer to help keep it in place.

Thanks for any info.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭sky6

You could try somewhere like Tucks or some other engineering shops. They carry a stock of all types of washers. Alternatively you might just have to make your own. you can cut and grind it to shape and use a leather punch to punch the center Hole.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,381 ✭✭✭DublinDilbert

A large O-ring should do the job, you might need to stack/glue a couple together so it gives a nice snug enough fit.

Call into a motor factors and see what the largest 0-ring they have is. Alternatively call into abbey seals, they'll definitely have something that will fit the bill.

Advertisement