Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blackberry..

Options
  • 10-07-2012 9:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭

Hi there friends,

Just a quick question, a friend of mine bought a blackberry in an o2 store in waterford 1 month ago, still has the receipt. She changed the cover of the phone so it looks kinda ****ty now and she lost the top part of it just above the ear speaker.
    anyway, after about 2 weeks the phone no longer turns on. even when plugged in it's completely dead, it went on last night when plugged in for about 10 seconds but now its fully dead. i tried my battery in it and nothing.

she went into the shop with it and they said because she changed the cover there's nothing they can do even thought it's under warranty... surely the cover doesn't affect them fixing a clearly internal problem??

any suggestions or anyone know her rights?

cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

ive moved your thread from mobiles to consumer issues.
    you should be able to get a more accurate response here.
    thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

can you try taking the battery out for 5 mins and then popping it back in. Make sure it's not plugged in when you take the battery out.
    If that doesn't work try installing BlackBerry desktop manager on your computer http://us.blackberry.com/software/desktop.html and then taking the battery out of your phone, connect you blackberry to your computer with the desktop manager open and then put your battery in. Wait a while and see if the phone boots up.

Post back if none of this works

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Hotman

cookie1977 wrote: »
    can you try taking the battery out for 5 mins and then popping it back in. Make sure it's not plugged in when you take the battery out.
    If that doesn't work try installing BlackBerry desktop manager on your computer http://us.blackberry.com/software/desktop.html and then taking the battery out of your phone, connect you blackberry to your computer with the desktop manager open and then put your battery in. Wait a while and see if the phone boots up.

ok so you think it's a software issue as opposed to a hardware one? i'll try this stuff when she gets back from collecting a spare phone, so if you wouldn't mind maybe checking back on here in an hour it'd be much appreciated bud! thanks

Well I'd try rule out some simple things first before going down the other routes. I maybe asleep by then but will post back early tomorrow if I am.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭i_am_joey

they can be right in not honouring the warranty because of the replaced cover. iits either a software issue or a power issue. cant say the cover really did it. you can also get help from blackberry directly. they also have a twitter account where you can hit them up @blackberryhelp.

goodluck.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

Is this particular phone designed to allow user changed covers? If so, you haven't voided your warranty. I'd go back to shop and explain.

If however, you had to pry the cover off the phone in a way that the unit was not designed to allow, you may have inadvertently broken/shorted something.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Hotman

cookie1977 wrote: »

didnt work bud :\ tried with both batterys!

Does the red light come on at all even for a second when you plug it in to the computer or put the battery in first?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭subway

confusing situation, presumably she lost part of the phone because the phone had to be dismantled to replace the case?
    if thats the case o2 are probably right in that if you manage to replace the casing with a poor qualirty aftermarket one and lose components your friend probably did cause damage to the phone.

could be completely misreading this...

Advertisement