Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Supply and fit a tow hitch in Cork.

Options
  • 10-07-2012 9:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 303 ✭✭

Hi, could anyone point me in the right direction for somebody that would supply and fit a tow bar minus the light fittings in Cork?for a ford Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭Flesh Gorden

Denis Hendersons in the marina do it, you'd need to phone them for a price

• Registered Users Posts: 3,953 ✭✭✭aujopimur

Hendersons`021 4314242
    Murray 021 4353111
    Nevilles 021 4312640

• Registered Users Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭MrFrisp

calerbass wrote: »
    Hi, could anyone point me in the right direction for somebody that would supply and fit a tow bar minus the light fittings in Cork?for a ford Thanks.

Murray towbars on the Melbourne Road....It's just by the FÁS training centre.

http://murraytowbars.simi.ie/sitebook.do?gemsitewidth=1024

• Closed Accounts Posts: 303 ✭✭calerbass

Thanks for all the replies lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭wyndhurst

Buy one on Micks Garage and fit it yourself.
    I did my 2008 VW Jetta with wiring and all for €80
    Best quote from all Cork options was approx €250
    I purchased a Bosal (top of range).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,327 ✭✭✭Merch

wyndhurst wrote: »
    Buy one on Micks Garage and fit it yourself.
    I did my 2008 VW Jetta with wiring and all for €80
    Best quote from all Cork options was approx €250
    I purchased a Bosal (top of range).

I cant find any option on micksgarage that is near €80?

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭wyndhurst

My apologies - got my numbers wrong.
    Just checked my micksgarage account and it was €152 for the Bosal Swan Neck Towbar.
    Either way it was a very significant saving as the OP will find out when he/she get quotes from the usual sources.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,327 ✭✭✭Merch

wyndhurst wrote: »
    My apologies - got my numbers wrong.
    Just checked my micksgarage account and it was €152 for the Bosal Swan Neck Towbar.
    Either way it was a very significant saving as the OP will find out when he/she get quotes from the usual sources.

Fair enough, not sure how you thought you did it for 80 but it cost you 152?
    I am on the lookout for a towbar myself, so went straight to micksgarage and was suprised to see the cost of towbars.
    I couldn't even find a 152 euro option for your make of car, only 160. At that price paying someone 90 euro doesnt seem madly unreasonable to do the work.
    I'd prefer to do it myself, be hassle but save the money, but I cant see someone only asking for 50, just doesnt seem like it'd be worth it.
    If it was a newer car, I'd be wary also as I have read that newer electronic control of the lights means problems can arise from wiring in extra lights to a trailer connector. If that is the case, you'd think car manufacturers would just build in an adapter to fit trailer wiring, and then sell the wiring for a trailer?

Cheapest option for me was still 170 odd, OP look at ebay, then maybe if someone can fit it for an agreed price buy one?

Advertisement