Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

feeders

• 10-07-2012 10:22pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65 ✭✭

hello
    looking to put in auto feeders into milking parlour.
    seen the pig feeders put told the mininum they put out is 3lb per feed. some years in the "summer" we only feed a small ammount to get cows in quicker.
    like the look of the cashman feeder with the air controls they can be turned down to feed 1/2 lb but they look expensive. anybody have advise .

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,051 ✭✭✭kevthegaff

hi i have the pig feeders, im sure they can feed less than a kg per feed. there a good job and cheep, have them in for 3 years with no problems

• Registered Users Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭Viewtodiefor

kevthegaff wrote: »
    hi i have the pig feeders, im sure they can feed less than a kg per feed. there a good job and cheep, have them in for 3 years with no problems

Hi kev just wondering how they work out cost wise compared to the normal ones? Did you get full job done? Whos best to price from

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 157 ✭✭flat out !!

With the cashman feeders, u can give individual cows an extra "pull" of meal. Maybe for cows that are bit on thin side or the higher yielding ones. Have the air type myself, and find no fault with them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65 ✭✭rooney32

what would you pay per unit for the cashman

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,438 ✭✭✭5live

Have a look at these ones. Inexpensive batch feeders, electronically controlled, 3 different settings eg 1 kg,.5kg and .05kg just to get them in and settled. Iirc, about 1k more expensive than ordinary batch feeders but easier to set and use and also the sprinkle option just to get them in. Dairytec in cork 022 27072
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lm87onZYUmQ

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,051 ✭✭✭kevthegaff

jees i cant remember but it was very cheap, 12 units at both sides with the piping set up for 17 units and double augers. a crowd in offaly i think, ill have a look tomorrow, agree that it would be handier if u could feed individual cows but the batch ones dont.

Advertisement