Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom Broadband in Dublin 18

Options
  • 10-07-2012 10:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22

I'm so sick of Eircom. I'm living in Cherrywood apartments in Dubiln 18. I've been here for a few years now and unfortunately the only company providing broadband here seems to be Eircom. The technology park, just 100 meters down the road from me and the Rampart apartments just 200 meters across from me both have blazing UPC connections boasting download speeds of up to 30Megs. However UPC don't have any service in the apartments here and Eircom can't seem to offer anything greater than 3MB download speed. Plus the service is soooooo falkey. I'd say over the past 6 years or so I've had eircom engineers out the apartment 5 or 6 times. It's just a joke, and bloody depressing. Anyone got any suggestions?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭eircom: Ant

I'm so sick of Eircom. I'm living in Cherrywood apartments in Dubiln 18. I've been here for a few years now and unfortunately the only company providing broadband here seems to be Eircom. The technology park, just 100 meters down the road from me and the Rampart apartments just 200 meters across from me both have blazing UPC connections boasting download speeds of up to 30Megs. However UPC don't have any service in the apartments here and Eircom can't seem to offer anything greater than 3MB download speed. Plus the service is soooooo falkey. I'd say over the past 6 years or so I've had eircom engineers out the apartment 5 or 6 times. It's just a joke, and bloody depressing. Anyone got any suggestions?

Hi brenosullivan,

Apologies for the delay. Can you PM your phone or account number and I will check your broadband again.

Thanks, Ant

• Registered Users Posts: 22 brenosullivan

Just to follow up on this.. I'm still stuck with Eircom.. I'm still stuck on a crummy 3MB line .. will UPC or SKY or SOMEONE come and get me out of this broadband desert that is Eircom.. so depressing.
    :(

Advertisement