Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ivy Bridge Motherboards

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭Sarz91

Ronan14 wrote: »
    Hi lads im just wondering what chip set you use with ivybridge cpu's. Is it only the Z77's ??

Z77, Z75, and H77.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭Tea_Bag

if you plan on overclocking then you're looking for an i5 3570K or an i7 3770K and a z77 motherboard.

a Sandy 2500K + z68 board could save you a bit of money though for 95% of the performance.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

That board is crap for overclocking as you can't change CPU voltage. Same goes for the MSI G43.

You could go with Tea Bag's suggestion or even the 3570K + Z68. That would give you PCI-E 3. You wouldn't save much money on just the motherboard though...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,195 ✭✭✭ZeroThreat

Just get an asrock z77 extreme 4 mobo, a little dearer but good value for money, got mine today, looks excellent, good quality & seems to have plenty of features.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 ZiggyIre

ZeroThreat wrote: »
    Just get an asrock z77 extreme 4 mobo, a little dearer but good value for money, got mine today, looks excellent, good quality & seems to have plenty of features.

Thanks ill give it a look.

• Advertisement

ZiggyIre wrote: »
    Thanks ill give it a look.

Well ok, maybe more than a 'little' dearer ;)

http://www.dabs.ie/products/asrock-z77-extreme-4-s1155-intel-z77-ddr3-atx-80XR.html?q=asrock%20z77&src=16

Still good nonetheless, you'll notice on the pc building forums that many suggested pc builds have this board included.

btw while I was looking at my new asrock z77 mobo today, I just realised that I won't be able to use the integrated graphics in the case of my graphics card being a dud. The problem is my monitor is a samsung s23a750d, which just has display port and hdmi connections. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭glynf

ZeroThreat, you can get a DVI to HDMI lead for less than €10, so you won't have an issue. Thing is you'll be limited to 60hz, though this won't be a concern if you are using on-board graphics.

Advertisement