Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

UPC in shed

• 10-07-2012 10:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Hi I'm just looking to find out how many points I can have in my house? I have 2 already and am looking for one in my shed, would this be viable?? Thanks for any answers.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭9959

Don't know, but it sounds like 'man shed' heaven. What else do you have in there?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

UPC won't hook it up for you there. I suppose if you want to try it yourself...

• Registered Users Posts: 11 superbuckley

I have big fish tank and was lookin to get smart tv but maybe it's not worth it if UPC can't do the business for me?? My brother put a point in the shed to make it easier for UPC guys to just put box in. That's a bit heartbreaking now to be honest!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭kirving

Can you not just get another box off UPC for multiroom and just put it in the shed?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

you can wire out to the shed yourself and you'll still be able to pick up the analogue stations. Alternatively order another room from UPC in the house, then wait until its installed and complete the shed hookup yourself and use the box in there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,532 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

UPC won't hook it up for you there. I suppose if you want to try it yourself...

OP, that response above was posted before you said that the point is already in the shed by which I take it you mean that there is a co-ax cable running from the house to the shed. I can see no reason why UPC wouldn't install a wall box (TV point) in the shed and give you a digital box, it's no different from them connecting up a TV in the bedroom.

Thanks for replying lads, I was onto UPC and they will set me up for €105 and 5 per month. Happy times. Thanks to everyone for giving me information.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

UPC wired a granny flat at the very end of our back garden for free about 2 years ago when hey were upgrading the cable in our estate.It's about 50 foot away from the house and it took 2 engineers about 90 minutes to do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭bryaner

Op you jammy bastard..:(

Their coming on Monday so hopefully i'll be ready to rock an get new tv and its happy times. Somehow things never really go that easily!!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement