Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sony Vaio Service manual

Options
  • 10-07-2012 10:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭

I have a sony vaio VPCEE3EOE 15 months old. The green led on-switch lights up, but nothing else. I tried the ram, HD, power supply, battery. The screen is black nothing. tried an external screen - nothing. I'm looking for the service manual to run the meter to see where the power is going. I also want to check power to the CPU. Any suggestions will be taken on board, but the service manual would be a great help. The system just would not boot. No updates software or hardware.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,224 ✭✭✭Procrastastudy

Have you removed the battery for a minute or two?

Yes I'm basically asking if you've switched it off and on again :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,718 ✭✭✭johnayo

Try starting it in safe mode.

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭recycled

johnayo wrote: »
    Try starting it in safe mode.
    Not starting up- no acess to bios or safemode or any other functions

Have you removed the battery for a minute or two?

Yes I'm basically asking if you've switched it off and on again :D

Not starting up- no acess to bios or safemode or any other functions

You don't need the BIOS to remove the battery :P

My wifes does this sometimes - it crashes in standby and then wont do anything until it gets a hard reset. By ........ removing the battery.

• Advertisement

You don't need the BIOS to remove the battery :P

My wifes does this sometimes - it crashes in standby and then wont do anything until it gets a hard reset. By ........ removing the battery.

The battery has been removed without any change. Access to the bios would allow change to the default setting for troubleshooting.

Yep it would but I just didn't understand why you were telling me :D

There is an accepted logic in the consumer issues forum that 15 months isn't acceptable for a Laptop to last - you could try approaching the retailer.

Yep it would but I just didn't understand why you were telling me :D

The service manual would help trace the fault.

Advertisement