Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2 phones 1 number

Options
  • 10-07-2012 11:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭

I am looking to run 2 phones on the same number. 1 smartphone, 1 rugged phone, but I don't want to have to switch SIM cards between them as I would be swapping between them regularly.

Operators in the US offer it, does anyone know if its possible to get it here?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Cheapphones

Nope, Unless something has changed very recently.. You'll have to continue to swap your sim card from phone to phone..

Just on the mention of two phones, Dual-sim Phones are something the networks are not offering either.. They would be afraid you would get the best of both worlds by using two networks.. God forbid!!!

Anyway they can be got sim free in most independent retailers.. while they are still around!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭cannonballer

You can buy a USB sim encoder and a blank sim on Ebay and clone the data on your existing sim to a second blank one. They are fairly cheap I think and should do the job for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Cheapphones

You can buy a USB sim encoder and a blank sim on Ebay and clone the data on your existing sim to a second blank one. They are fairly cheap I think and should do the job for you.

This intrigues me now!! Can see that item been dangerous in the wrong hands!! But this would solve issue for a lot of genuine people for defo!! I'm going to have to do some more research. Does that mean both phones can be active at same time? Or does only one card be active? Ie turn one off and the other on or can they both be on simultaneously?

Advertisement