Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trouble with PC

Options
  • 10-07-2012 11:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭

Okay, so I got a PC from hardwareversand 10 days ago and I don't know what to do with it. It works some times, but other times it just doesn't.

IMAG0333.jpg

This happened the other day when I tried to watch a video file which was on the hard drive. The same thing has happened a couple of times when I try watch videos on Youtube.

I have the latest drivers and stuff, I don't know what the problem is. The screen also flickers sometimes when I browse the web or run programs.

I emailed them about this problem. They said I can send the GPU back to them. That will take weeks. And I will have to pay to ship it. But I don't really know any other options I have.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,224 ✭✭✭Procrastastudy

Can you get another GFX card and try that. Does your machine have integrated graphics you can use?

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭lukasbolander

Can you get another GFX card and try that. Does your machine have integrated graphics you can use?
    I can use the integrated graphics.

I will try that and see if I have any problems.

If you eliminate the impossible, what ever remains, however improbable, must be the truth. - Mr Spock :)

So if it stops doing it under another GPU then at least you know its that. Speak to your supplier about a refund if its new and buy yourself another one.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭Tea_Bag

if you rma it, you won't need to pay for shipping (unless it costs less than €40) and turn around time is 2 weeks when I did it last year. budget for 3 weeks though.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,466 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

If you eliminate the impossible, what ever remains, however improbable, must be the truth. - Mr Spock :)

is that the one with the picture of Batman ;)

• Advertisement

There's a picture of Batman in Star Trek VI? I'm only aware of Darth Vader in Star Trek I and R2D2 in The new Star Trek Movie.

This isn't at all completely off topic lol - Sorry OP

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭lukasbolander

I tried the default graphics card and the problem stopped.

You shouldn't have to pay carriage to RMA a faulty product. Ask for a refund but don't be surprised if the answer is no. They do have the option to try and rectify the situation though other means first. In the interests of good customer service its worth a punt though.

Advertisement