Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wasteland 2

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,413 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I know theres perma death in this game but after someone dies is possible to recruit someone to replace them? other than the woman at the citadel?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

You come across a good few people who can join you. Suprised how large this game is, thought i was nearly finished and im barely half way in i think.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Put in about 20 hours myself. Dont feel particularly motivated to play on... got Divinity OS too, prob put 60 into that.

Love XCOM. Loved Expeditions Conquistadors and loved The Banner Saga.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,743 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

Just finished wasteland 2.. mother of god, that game..
    110 hours

3 restarts
    the final tally for the last game was around 80something hours, got a bit frustrated towards the end but i loved it otherwise :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Just finished wasteland 2.. mother of god, that game..
    110 hours

3 restarts
    the final tally for the last game was around 80something hours, got a bit frustrated towards the end but i loved it otherwise :)

That's a whole lot of game. Did you explore every inch of the map and do all optional objectives?

• Advertisement

Not everything no, i got a bit frustrated toward the end, and said screw it, just gonna go head into the place i figured was the last area.. turns out it wasnt, but it was a chain into it the final mission.

I also messed up a lot of the missions and sided with the wrong people apparently.. but that's part of the fun too. There's an epilogue at the end that tells you what happened in each of the more important towns.. i wont say anymore but i made some really rotten choices lol

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Jilm

I got irritated by the number of bugs I encountered near the end and I just wanted to finish it.

It has put me off another play-through... for a couple of days at least :pac:

I had two kind of major ones near the end too, hope they fix those as i wasnt sure if it was part of the game or i'd done something wrong. Turns out saving often is dead handy :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭ahnowbrowncow

I enjoyed the early fallout games so I'll give this a try, is it more like fallout tactics or fallout 1 & 2?

http://www.g2play.net/catalogsearch/result/index/?q=wasteland+2

Can I buy world wide version (€13.81) or only the european one (€14.99)?

Doesn't really matter which but I don't want to spend €1.18 extra if I don't need to :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,624 ✭✭✭SebBerkovich

I enjoyed the early fallout games so I'll give this a try, is it more like fallout tactics or fallout 1 & 2?

To me it seems like a good mix between fallout 2 and fallout tactics.
    You aren't dragged from mission to mission like in fallout tactics - but you're not given the complete freedom to go and do whatever you want like in fallout 2.

There's a clear narrative to follow - which you can do more or less in your own time - with lots of random stuff to find and do in between.

• Advertisement

the only similarity to FO:T was the map, and some of the weapons. The jackhammer shotgun is in it :)

The combat is more like XCOM but instead of teams taking turns, it's based on your initiative - each NPC might have more or less and that figures into how often they get a turn. Similar to how The banner saga's combat works.

The story is as open as fallout 2, except you're not the chosen one.

it's got a very fallouty feel to it. I'd say you'd love it if you loved FO and FO2 and even tactics

• Registered Users Posts: 7,866 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Struggled for about 15 hours with little ammo or decent weapons, then by accident I shot a trader and got all his stuff. Decent armour, a bunch of med kits, 3 assault rifles & 200 rounds of ammo and a bunch of other stuff.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,413 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Do vendors re stock?

yep

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Except if you murder them of course.

I murdered that bastàrd vegetable seller in that city where The Scorpions are based. Was funny, Angela D was in my party and said 'I cant shoot without justification' or something. The other lads had no qualms.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,185 ✭✭✭Mike Litoris

Man I love this game. Its the first time in years that I've bothered to read all the text. Its hilarious. I'm loving all the nerdy industry references.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Antar Bolaeisk

Very good game, glad I backed it. Bit rough around the edges and it was obvious that the latter parts didn't get as much care and attention as the earlier areas but still very enjoyable. Some of the bugs were annoying and a lot of the text in the later parts of the game read like the person hadn't even seen the area (for instance, a description of a room mentioned a fantastic view of the street, only problem was that the room was in a dungeon). Regardless of the bugs it's still great to be able to play a game like this again.

Hopefully they'll make a Wasteland 3 that'll build and fix a lot of the problems with this one.

Anyone who enjoyed the original Fallouts will most likely enjoy this.

I keep finding big black dildoes on enemies I kill. The description of them is hilarious. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Getting stuck into this now, currently at Highpool. Enjoying it alot. Don't know how i would have coped without Angela, shes a beast in the early part of the game even when she decide's to go rogue :D

But...

How do i stop myself from save scumming :( I flanked the mortar crew in Highpool only to set off an alarm because i failed a skill check. I reloaded it and passed the check and then proceeded to clear out the raiders without taking any damage. I feel like i should let things happen as they do and deal with the consequences but i can't help myself :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,622 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

You'll have to excuse me for bringing back this 5 month old thread but:

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/wasteland-2-coming-to-xbox-one-and-ps4/1100-6425671/

Coming to Xbox One and PS4.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Great news for consoles. Fantastic game, but it has that flavour of Old Pc punishing difficulty. I bet we will see a lot off "bull****" comments from Console gamers. :D

I love the game and I have a lot of hours on my first game, but I feel that I will have to completely reroll and make new game. :o I am getting destroyed by
    The damn robots in that airplane town after crazy monks. Only got 5 man crew now too! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,622 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

Great news for consoles. Fantastic game, but it has that flavour of Old Pc punishing difficulty. I bet we will see a lot off "bull****" comments from Console gamers. :D

I love the game and I have a lot of hours on my first game, but I feel that I will have to completely reroll and make new game. :o I am getting destroyed by
    The damn robots in that airplane town after crazy monks. Only got 5 man crew now too! :(

I intended on getting it when it was on sale during the Xmas Steam Sale and I forgot. Now I have to keep waiting. But this console version seems interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

Bought this game because of the 'hype'... became bored of it so quick! :|

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Jilm

BeerWolf wrote: »
    Bought this game because of the 'hype'... became bored of it so quick! :|

For some Wasteland 2 can take a bit more effort to get into than most other games.

I've played it through 3 times now and I'm still finding new content.

it's a true oldskool RPG in the vein of the original WL and Fallout/Fallout2

Did one playthrough just after it was released and loved it, 80+ hours at least right there. I'm gonna let it lie for while before doing another playthrough, but i enjoyed it immensely at the time

After completing Fallout 4 and somewhat becoming lethargic with it at the moment, I'm looking for new games. Any opinions of this game? Seems to be mixed reactions here? I realize that it is a tactical-based game - is it more down the Final Fantasy combat or Baldur's Gate/Dragon Age: Inquisition (with the ability to micromanage combat, speed up or slow down)?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

Funnily enough i just started playing it again today. Bought it after its full release last year and put in about 10-15 hours but got distracted from it. The Directors Cut version seems to be a big improvement on the original. Much nicer looking with tidier menus.

In terms of gameplay it feels more like a squad based version of Fallout 1/2. I quite enjoy it.

Funnily enough i just started playing it again today. Bought it after its full release last year and put in about 10-15 hours but got distracted from it. The Directors Cut version seems to be a big improvement on the original. Much nicer looking with tidier menus.

In terms of gameplay it feels more like a squad based version of Fallout 1/2. I quite enjoy it.

So closer to X-Com?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

It's closer to fallout tactics, good deep rpg if you liked the older fallouts you should like it.

• Advertisement

So closer to X-Com?

A kind of a mash up of that and old skool rpgs but more rpg. I completed it and for me it was a chore towards the end. Maybe the hype killed it a bit for me but it wasn't what I was expecting. I thought it was great at the start but then got repetitive and felt too linear. Not the modern classic I hoped for.

That said, I felt that with all the recent big name old skool rpgs especially Pillars of Eternity with the exception of Dead State, which I thought was fcukin awesome, so take what you will of the above.

Advertisement