Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

French Teen in Dublin: group activities?

Options
  • 10-07-2012 11:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 46

Help!!!

I am looking after a 13 year old french girl for for 3 weeks, trying to help her improve her English.

As I only have a baby and a toddler I am completely out of touch with what teenagers like! I did ok for the first week I think (picnic in the park, trip to the lake in Glendalough, a bit of shopping, a surf lesson etc), but I'm seriously running out of ideas (she looks a bit bored now). I think she's getting a bit homesick, and maybe she needs friends her own age.

I was wondering if anyone has suggestions of group activities that might be suitable for her? Something that would allow her to meet kids her age? She's quite sporty, and arty, but a bit shy and her english is not great. I'm in Dublin south but could travel :-)

many thanks!

Advertisement