Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Championship Thread 2012/13

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 731 ✭✭✭inmyday

Good finish from Reid. Delighted for him.
    I always loved him when he played for ireland

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Why did Davies not try to head that?! It's probably his greatest strength! No one near him too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

inmyday wrote: »
    Good finish from Reid. Delighted for him.
    I always loved him when he played for ireland
    Reidy is fcuking class. It makes me sick to my stomach when I think we had himself and Wes Hoolahan sitting at home during the summer while the likes of Whelan and Keane were busy embarrassing themselves and the country in Poland.

Trap has treated both shamefully, especially Reid. But it's ok because Ireland's loss is Forest's gain. Reid is in the form of his life and looking fit and trim. He lost nearly 2 stone during the summer.

Super finish for the goal, perfectly weighted pass from Cox, who I thought was a real live wire tonight. Bolton deserved the draw, although Davies blatantly fouled Collins for their first goal and Halford messed up big time for their second.

Still happy with our performance, all 3 Irish players for Forest did well. Delighted that Kerryman Brendan Moloney has finally got the opportunity to nail down the right back slot. We passed the ball neatly to feet and rarely went long. The Forest way. Good to see.
    Mars Bar wrote: »
    Why did Davies not try to head that?! It's probably his greatest strength! No one near him too.
    Kevin Davies' greatest strength is his unmatched ability to commit foul after foul without being sent off. He went all of 7 seconds tonight before being booked. Davies represents everything that is impure about British football.

If Wednesday had any sort of a defence, we could be there or thereabouts this year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Kiwi_knock

Big win for Blackpool, looking good so far.

Watford v Birmingham on Sky Sports 2 starting at 5.20 pm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭antomorro-sei

We're doing very well so far. C'mon you orns :D

Nice! Who scored?

Birmingham are making Watford look like Barcelona. Not taking away from Watford's performance, which has been excellent, but Birmingham are making it very easy for them.

Nice! Who scored?

Two new boys. Adbi penalty in the 3rd minute and then Vydra scored in the 17th minute.

• Advertisement

Great result and performance there by Watford. Lovely stuff! :)

I must say that Pozzo Franchise Watford, must be considered dark horses for promotion by any means this year. Their new guys seemed to have gelled together in no time. And more importantly, they are playing good positive football.

Two last day transfer signings for Forest this evening. James Coppinger from Doncaster on loan till January, and the second one which really gives me a proverbial erection - Billy Sharpe from Southampton on loan for the season, with a view to a permanent £2.5m deal next summer. Sharpe is pound for pound the best striker in the Championship. Himself and Cox should at least, on paper, score 30-40 goals between them this season

This added to the signings of Lansbury and the 8 others, makes grenache all giddy and excited inside :-D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

grenache wrote: »
    I must say that Pozzo Franchise, sorry Watford, must be considered dark horses for promotion by any means this year. Their new guys seemed to have gelled together in no time. And more importantly, they are playing good positive football.

Two last day transfer signings for Forest this evening. James Coppinger from Doncaster on loan till January, and the second one which really gives me a proverbial erection - Billy Sharpe from Southampton on loan for the season, with a view to a permanent £2.5m deal next summer. Sharpe is pound for pound the best striker in the Championship. Himself and Cox should at least, on paper, score 30-40 goals between them this season

This added to the signings of Lansbury and the 8 others, makes grenache all giddy and excited inside :-D

Signed 5 players on season long loans from Udinese yesterday :D All with the option to buy at the end.

I know a guy who's deeply involved with Watford FC and he is not impressed with the huge foreign influx in the club!

I know a guy who's deeply involved with Watford FC and he is not impressed with the huge foreign influx in the club!

Can't really blame him. But, will he give a fcuk if all the foreigners get Watford promoted? Not a chance!

Can't really blame him. But, will he give a fcuk if all the foreigners get Watford promoted? Not a chance!

Probably not. I think it annoys him more that the amount of foreigners in the Premier League doesn't help the English national team.

• Advertisement

It's gone all pete tong for Watford and their foreigners today. 4-0 to Derby. Now i'll have to listen to these Sheep$haggers bleeting on all day about it!

Millwall 3 - 1 Middlesbrough FT
    Barnsley 1 - 0 Bristol City FT
    Birmingham 1 - 0 Peterborough
    Burnley 1 - 3 Brighton FT
    Crystal Palace 2 - 1 Sheff Wed L
    Derby 5 - 1 Watford FT
    Hull 3 - 1 Bolton FT
    Ipswich 2 - 2 Huddersfield FT
    Leeds United 3 - 3 Blackburn FT
    Nottm Forest 2 - 1 Charlton

Can't believe Derby beat Waford 5-1! They hadn't won at home for 5 months!!!

Leeds and Blackburn sounds like a cracker. Big wins for Hull, Brighton, Barnsley, Forest and Milwall

Hopefully Leicester can take a point against Blackpool to knock them off their perch.

SantryRed wrote: »
    Signed 5 players on season long loans from Udinese yesterday :D All with the option to buy at the end.
    Ye might want to buy 5 new defenders after today's mauling! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Anyone hear how Elmohamady did for Hull today?

Paully D wrote: »
    Anyone hear how Elmohamady did for Hull today?

No. But the way Bolton defended today, they might as well have had Elmo playing centre half.

• Advertisement

Blackpool all over them the last 20 mins. Ince and Ferguson unlucky.

Well Olly is not a happy boy after that. Looked livid at final whistle, not even shaking hands with Pearson. Leicester ground out that win, Blackpool were worthy of a point at least. Poor finishing left them down. Funny seeing Keys and Gray presiding over a Championship game.

Blackburn & Forest now the only unbeaten teams in the division.

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭irishmanmick

Going to be very close this year ... As Grenache said our (Forest) deadline day signings together with the rest of them will give Forest a get chance to be in the mix

Apparently Watford were bet in the air.
    Zola taking the blame for that one. Hopefully the Udinese players will have an impact.

Bump!

Not many goals in the division today then....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

Bump!

Not many goals in the division today then....

End to the Blackburn match looks a stormer. Your lot threw made a good comeback

Some huge clubs in that division this year

Two classy finishes from Jordan Rhodes, especially the second - like what Jeff Stelling said, a sniff at 8 million ;-) Brizzle City will cause s lot of teams problems this season. Decent side.

Aye, nice comeback by the Reds, Birmingham got two tasty goals but neither were as good as Cox's "Bergkamp-esque" finish for Forest's first. Worth a watch on Fooball League Show later.

Really liking the look of Hull right now. Think they'll be top 4 at least. Middlesbrough seem to be coming in under the radar this year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

Two classy finishes from Jordan Rhodes, especially the second - like what Jeff Stelling said, a sniff at 8 million ;-) Brizzle City will cause s lot of teams problems this season. Decent side.

Aye, nice comeback by the Reds, Birmingham got two tasty goals but neither were as good as Cox's "Bergkamp-esque" finish for Forest's first. Worth a watch on Fooball League Show later.

Really liking the look of Hull right now. Think they'll be top 4 at least. Middlesbrough seem to be coming in under the radar this year.

If I dont go out I always watch the football league show, really like it.

Sick league. Birmingham would have been in 10th had they won, instead sit 21st. Wolves win their game in hand they go to 11th from 23rd. Going to be really close

I think Ince will be bought for a decent amount of money by a premiership team in January or at the latest next Summer

I think Ince will be bought for a decent amount of money by a premiership team in January or at the latest next Summer
    Liverpool were beyond stupid to let him go in the first place. I don't think he'll go in Jan, but could well do next summer. Blackpool are known for paying peanuts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,304 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

It was actually the reporter who was watching the game who said Rhodes was a sniff, Stelling then said it was probably the first time that phrase was used :)

Looking forward to the Blackburn game on the football league show, the defense needs major work still. Home against Boro on Sky next Friday night should be a good game!

• Advertisement

Some hit by Konchesky! :eek:

Missed the goal, but christ, Leicester are awful for one of the promotion favourites!

Reckon Watford letting go of Martin Taylor was a big mistake too. Keep conceding shocking goals!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,050 ✭✭✭token101

How is Jordan Rhodes not in the Premier League? He'd have been worth a punt for Norwich, Reading or any of the teams that could struggle for goals.

Missed the goal, but christ, Leicester are awful for one of the promotion favourites!

Reckon Watford letting go of Martin Taylor was a big mistake too. Keep conceding shocking goals!

I think they had far the better of the second half, that Knockaert looked a decent player when he came on. They look to be lacking a clinical finisher, Waghorn had a great chance he should have buried to make it 2-2.

I think they had far the better of the second half, that Knockaert looked a decent player when he came on. They look to be lacking a clinical finisher, Waghorn had a great chance he should have buried to make it 2-2.

Yeah, Waghorn was unlucky not to equalize alright. I dunno what it is, maybe its the fact I really dislike Nigel Pearson, but everytime I watch Leicester, I think they're nowhere near as good as they're made out to be!

Some great games in the division today,

Blackburn and Forest the only unbeaten sides before this weekends fixtures have both been beaten.

Palace come from 2-0 down to beat Cardiff 3-2.

Birmingham taking a hammering from Barnsley, currently 5-0!

The dust is not even near to settling on the division yet.

Lee Clark :pac:

Birmingham made Barnsley look like Barcelona. Cut apart with ease. If we had any money Lee Clark would be sacked this evening but unfortunately we will have to make do with him for the season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Bump for Brighton & Hove Albion fans
    Birds, Balls and Brighton
    An insight into the day-to-day running of Championship football team Brighton & Hove Albion, following the side as they try to reach the Premier League. Interviews with the coach shed light on the tensions and drama that occur over the course of a season, while fans share their thoughts. Part of the First Cut strand
    Category Documentary
    Executive Producer Ed Stobart, Suzanne Lavery
    More4 10:05pm-10:40pm (35 minutes) Mon 24 Sep

• Advertisement

Huddersfield 3-1 up away to Blackpool right now,win will put them ahead of Blackpool.

Will be a fantastic start to the season for Huddersfiled under Grayson if they hang on here.

Huddersfield 3-1 up away to Blackpool right now,win will put them ahead of Blackpool.

Will be a fantastic start to the season for Huddersfiled under Grayson if they hang on here.
    Another crazy Championship scoreline. This division is so hard to predict.

Travelled over for Forest - Derby match today. Now I'm not normally one to diss referees. And I have no problem admitting when Forest are beaten by a better team.

Today was not one of those days. We were just on the receiving end of the worst display of refereeing the Championship has ever seen. Dexter Blackstock's sending off was farcical and some of the tackles made by Derby deserved yellow cards if not more. 1 shot on target during the whole game, and the poxy fcuks score from it :mad:

Niall Horan of One Direction is a Derby fan and he's tweeting like mad tonight about the result. One Direction and Derby County are a match made in heaven. More talent in my fingernails.

Niall Horan of One Direction is a Derby fan and he's tweeting like mad tonight about the result. One Direction and Derby County are a match made in heaven. More talent in my fingernails.

What a quote! :D

Leeds can count themselves lucky today, Barnsley should have taken at least a point, if not all three. That penalty decision was one of the worst yet. The ref didnt even consult with his linesman, despite the foul being a good yard outside the box. Becchio stuck it away well, bit early for showboating!

Can't believe Charlton won 2-0 at Blackpool. Charlton are a poor side, but Blackpool are having a bit of a mare in their last 3-4 games. This division really is nuts.

Millwall last minute winner against Bolton. Delighted :D I wonder what'll be Coyle's excuse this week? Probably something like "Millwall should have had 2 guys sent off, we created all the chances, should have been five up at half time". His interviews are amazing, it's a kind of "see how much waffle, spin and nonsensical biased bull**** I can fit into one interview" from wily Owen.

I've yet to come across a manager who is such an ungracious loser. Coyle really takes the proverbial. Between him and the hugely unlikeable Kevin "Foul" Davies, I'm enjoying seeing the Trotters struggle to adapt to Championship football.

And Millwall - Not a racist club. You heard it here first folks.

• Advertisement

No updates in this for a while, but an interesting development tonight with Crystal Palace making an official approach for Ian Holloway. Be strange if Holloway moved there, I know Palace are doing well so far but their squad is not that good. Only reason I can think of him moving is that he will be promised money from the sale of Zaha to spend. I think with Blackpool he has a squad good enough to challenge for promotion again.

Kiwi_knock wrote: »
    No updates in this for a while, but an interesting development tonight with Crystal Palace making an official approach for Ian Holloway. Be strange if Holloway moved there, I know Palace are doing well so far but their squad is not that good. Only reason I can think of him moving is that he will be promised money from the sale of Zaha to spend. I think with Blackpool he has a squad good enough to challenge for promotion again.

London is a big pull too. Blackpool just won't spend the type of money he wants and I presume Tom Ince and Matt Phillips will be off very soon and he wouldn't see a penny of that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,432 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Holloway could be good for them :)

Really looking forward to having henning berg at blackburn rovers. We're coming back up to the premier league woo woo!

Kiwi_knock wrote: »
    Holloway did the dirty on Plymouth in 2007, when he left for Leicester. Karma got him back that season.

Be interesting to see if he's learned his lesson.

Ian Holloway is new Crystal Palace manager

• Advertisement
Advertisement