Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Championship Thread 2012/13

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Kiwi_knock

4-0 to Brum now, what a performance. Lovely goal by Ferguson.

It ends 4-0. Great performance by Brum, too late for a play off push but if hopefully can finish top 10. Ravel and Redmond showed how good they can be, but they are still very inconsistent. Great performance by Fahey, you would hardly think he has not played in months.

Palace have a nice enough run in, but really need to pick up their performance if they want to go up automatically.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭Boots234

If the score stays the same as at the moment then Hull will have made massive ground up on Cardiff along with everyone below them as they all either lost or drew. Middlesbrough lost again, 11 losses in 14 games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,580 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Was at the Charlton game today, some comeback.

No team wants to leave this division

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

Kiwi_knock wrote: »
    Lovely goal for Redmond. We are playing well so far, defence looks secure. Hope we can hold on.

Would love for Forest to sign this guy. I think he has it all - pace, good first touch, dribbling ability and scores some tasty goals. Best player on the pitch when we played Brum in October.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭antomorro-sei

That Holloway fella is some spoofer. Haha.

Palace and Leicester are imploding. Ollie's boys should finish top six but you wouldn't fancy them to get past the playoff semis. Leicester be lucky to finish top 8 in their current form.

Relegation battle is fascinating. I think the current bottom three are the ones who'll take the drop. Huddersfield are the worst team in the division, Brizzle have no defence, Peterborough likewise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Hopefully Watford can take all 3 points from Hull tomorrow to really capitalise on palaces loss this weekend.

Really disappointing loss for Birmingham today, still very much in the relegation scrap. Pretty crazy situation with teams fighting for playoff positions and survival at the same time at this stage. At least it is an exciting end to the season.

• Advertisement

Mars Bar wrote: »
    Hopefully Watford can take all 3 points from Hull tomorrow to really capitalise on palaces loss this weekend.

Big big game against Cardiff at The Vic now on the weekend!

Watford's dodgy spell is over and I just knew they would beat Hull. Please god they'll go up automatically because I'm sick of the sight of Vydra and Deeney scoring against my team. I really don't want to face them in the playoffs

Just be gone Hornets, be gone!!

grenache wrote: »
    Watford's dodgy spell is over and I just knew they would beat Hull. Please god they'll go up automatically because I'm sick of the sight of Vydra and Deeney scoring against my team. I really don't want to face them in the playoffs

Just be gone Hornets, be gone!!

I reckon yous will go up in the Playoffs man. Serious form at the moment, and at the right time too.

I reckon yous will go up in the Playoffs man. Serious form at the moment, and at the right time too.

People said the same in '10 and '11 and we lost out both times against Blackpool and Swansea. The main difference this time round is that we are carrying momentum approaching the end of season. Where as we laboured badly towards the end of those two seasons. We had no buzz about us in the semis, I watched Blackpool play us off the park in the second leg in at the City Ground in 2011. They had the momentum going into the tie, we didn't. It told in the end.

We have to get there first. One loss can lead to a change in fortunes, and before you know it's 4 or 5 losses on the bounce - as Leicester, Palace and in particular Middlesbrough, have found to their cost. You can't take anything for granted in The Championship. That's the only thing I'm certain of.

The ref in the Crystal Palace v Barnsley game has decided that the kits are too similar so Barnsley are wearing Palace's away kit!

BHLXZkBCAAA6b51.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,304 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

Mars Bar wrote: »
    The ref in the Crystal Palace v Barnsley game has decided that the kits are too similar so Barnsley are wearing Palace's away kit!

Resulting in Barnsleys biggest away crowd of the season!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Huge game on now between Watford and Cardiff. 0-0 after 30 mins. Very enjoyable.

Deeney has to be taking those chances. He's been in goal scoring form lately so hopefully that's the only one he'll miss.

The high 3-5-2 pressing formation by Watford is great to watch. Something so different.

SantryRed wrote: »
    The high 3-5-2 pressing formation by Watford is great to watch. Something so different.

Cardiff will be happy to hear the half time whistle.

• Advertisement

**** you Marshall. What a save.

I missed the second half.

Not a bad result for Watford but not ideal either. Could have really put the pressure on Hull but I suppose taking any point from Cardiff is good. Hull and Cardiff have to meet each other yet.
    D'ye think Cardiff can be caught?

No, I think Cardiff have it won. Their next 3 games are at home with their game in hand being against Barnsley on Tuesday. A win there and they are guaranteed to finish in the top 3 but they will be 11 ahead of Watford with only 5 games left and 8 ahead of Hull

Watford will hope that Cardiff are still playing for it when they play Hull. Hopefully Cardiff will put a ton of goals past Hull!

As much as I would love to see Cardiff fall apart, I think they are pretty safe. Will be one of Watford or Hull joining them. Not a big fan of either team but I think Hull will probably go up. Hope one of Forest or Brighton go up through the playoffs, even though it might be a year too soon for Forest.

Bloody hell Watford.

Looks like the Hull v Cardiff game on the last day of the season will be anything but a tense affair!

Well that has cleared things up a bit, Cardiff and Hull barring a massive collapse are going up. Bristol City are all but relegated. Still hard to know who will join them, half the table still could be relegated. Crystal Palace should be secure enough to join the playoffs with Watford. Then it is two of Forest, Bolton, Brighton and Leicester. Do not think it will be Leicester, but do not know which two of the remainder will go into the playoffs. Still a lot of excitement left in the league, even if the automatic promotion spots are guaranteed.

Top six is gonna stay as it is. Brighton have enough about them to stay in the top six. Bolton have momentum and bar a couple of hiccups, have been in incredible form since early February. Forest and Leicester both have a problem, the former cannot score and the latter cannot defend. I'll be genuinely surprised if either finishes in the playoffs.

Cardiff are up and Hull will hardly throw it away from here. Nobody will want to face Watford in the playoffs, they are the team to beat.

2 of the bottom three change every week. Just who will join Bristol City is a difficult question - perhaps we could have our own little competition on here to see who can guess correctly?

I'm gonna go with Peterborough and Blackburn.

• Advertisement

I think Peterborough and Huddersfield will go down

At the moment if the scores stay the same Cardiff are going up, and Bristol City are going to be relegated. Leicester are beating Bolton 2-1 in a crucial play off battle. Forest losing to Boro, and Palace being thrashed by Ipswich as well. It will be an interesting next 45 mins in a lot of games.

Bristol City are gone but just saw that Huddersfield are playing Barnsley on the last day of the season, that will definitely be a relegation decider

Congratulations to Cardiff. Bye Bye Bristol.

Massive win for Wolves, Watford did not take advantage of Hull losing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

The Bluebirds will be singing in the EPL next season

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Bit of headache for police forces across England and Wales.

• Advertisement

efb wrote: »
    The Bluebirds will be singing in the EPL next season

More like the Red Dragons.

SATURDAY 20th APRIL

Early Kickoffs
    Huddersfield v Millwall - Draw
    Burnley v Cardiff - Away

3pm kickoffs
    Birmingham v Leeds United - Draw
    Bolton v Middlesbrough - Home
    Brighton v Blackpool - Home
    Charlton v Wolves - Home
    Crystal Palace v Leicester - Away
    Derby v Peterborough - Home
    Nottm Forest v Barnsley - Draw
    Sheff Wed v Ipswich - Home
    Watford v Blackburn - Away

Barring an implosion of great magnitude, Watford won't catch Hull, who are as good as up after tonight's point from Bristol City. I think Huddersfield and Peterborough will take the two final relegation spots. It's now looking like Leicester and Bolton, with their momentum back, could take the final two playoff spots. Although there's still hope for Palace and Forest because this division throws up shocks every week.

If Leeds had sacked Warnock in January like my boss wanted them to, they'd definitely be in the playoff shakeup now. Retaining his services until April has only served to end any chance of promotion this season.

Huddersfield are winning 3-0, it is a massive win. Puts pressure on those around them, must win games for Wolves, Peterborough and Barnsley today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭kenco

Kiwi_knock wrote: »
    Huddersfield are winning 3-0, it is a massive win. Puts pressure on those around them, must win games for Wolves, Peterborough and Barnsley today.

Yep huge win for them. In fairness most of the teams at the wrong end of the Championship are winning games so any more dropped points by the above will be potentially lethal

Forest away for Barnsley is very tough and if they get a win there they deserve to stay up....

The race for 2nd isn't just done yet!

Hull must win one of Barnsley away and Cardiff at home if Watford were to win their last 2.

EDIT: And Watford will play on Friday night so if they win there'll be serious pressure on Hull!

• Advertisement

Big win for Brighton, should confirm their playoff place. Palace should be there as well. Hard to call the final spot. No easy games for Bolton, Leicester or Forest. A lot of excitement at the bottom, still can not see Wolves being relegated. Going to go with Peterborough and Barnsley.

Bolton will get the final playoff spot, if not them then Leicester. Forest have thrown away a golden opportunity - Barnsley were the worst side by some distance to visit the City Ground all season, they managed a rather pathetic one attempt on goal during the whole game. We just cannot score at the moment, if you got points for hitting the crossbar/post then we'd be secured a playoff spot by now. Wasted chances galore today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭kenco

grenache wrote: »
    Bolton will get the final playoff spot, if not them then Leicester. Forest have thrown away a golden opportunity - Barnsley were the worst side by some distance to visit the City Ground all season, they managed a rather pathetic one attempt on goal during the whole game. We just cannot score at the moment, if you got points for hitting the crossbar/post then we'd be secured a playoff spot by now. Wasted chances galore today.

Cant believe Forest didnt win today. Saw the stats after the game and it was very reminiscent of the Cardiff game for Barnsley (ie lots of chances for the opposition, hardly any shots on target, etc)

Tough game next for Watford so Hull might be safe in second by the time they play Barnsley on Sat. Three points should save them in either of the last two games as Wolves and Peterbourough dont have it easy.....that said I can see Barnsley drawing both which might not be enough....

That said few teams still in the mix to go down with Bristol. Anyone losing next week will be sweating. Dont think the last 2 slots will be decided until the last weekend

Chalobah! :eek:

In with the running for goal of the season in the Championship for sure!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

He's an animal. Still only 18. What a ****ing strike.

I'd say ye have high hopes for him.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,535 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

Wolves look down anyway.

SantryRed wrote: »
    The race for 2nd isn't just done yet!

Hull must win one of Barnsley away and Cardiff at home if Watford were to win their last 2.

EDIT: And Watford will play on Friday night so if they win there'll be serious pressure on Hull!

Said this last week :D

Hull are bottling in big time! Now must win against Cardiff next week.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,535 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

Looks like Doncaster will be in the Championship next year, barring a Brentford goal in the last 5 minutes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Looks like Doncaster will be in the Championship next year, barring a Brentford goal in the last 5 minutes.

Brentford got a pen in the last minute,missed it & Doncaster went up the other end to score.Unreal stuff.

• Advertisement
Advertisement