Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Championship Thread 2012/13

1235»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Ipswich up to 60 points the season is ending about 4 games too soon for them, could have had a real shout at the play offs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Kiwi_knock

Peterborough win, all but confirming Wolves relegation. Best of luck in League 1 Roger Johnson :D .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Good stuff from Barnsley! Hopefully Cardiff will beat hull and Watford will beat Leeds.

Bizarre fall from grace for wolves.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Looks like Doncaster will be in the Championship next year, barring a Brentford goal in the last 5 minutes.

Brentford not happy over who took the pen.
    "The whole group had to respond because the whole group knew who I selected to take the penalty - which was Kevin O'Connor," Rosler told BBC London 94.9.

"As a whole group we have to make sure that message will be followed.

"Trotta was not my first choice to take the penalty, but I'm not going to hang any individual out to dry. I'm not going to say anything more other than we will deal with this internally."

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

zerks wrote: »
    Brentford got a pen in the last minute,missed it & Doncaster went up the other end to score.Unreal stuff.

'Unbelievable Jeff'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

The Wolves players were lucky none of them were assaulted or involved in altercations with the fans on the pitch, thought it was gonna kick off there for a minute. I'd be pretty peeved if I were them too, the performances of the club coupled with the awful football they've had to watch over the past 3 seasons has been shocking. League 1 is not an easy division to get out of either. It took Leeds, Forest and Wednesday 3 seasons to get promoted back when they went down.

Next Saturday should be the most dramatic final day in many a year. Automatic promotion, playoffs and relegation all yet to be fully decided.

Real squeaky bum time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Somone asked a good question on the guardian - are the Hunt brothers the most relegated in football?

Promoted
    Reading 2006 Stephen
    Reading 2012 Noel

Relegated
    Reading 2008 Stephen
    Hull 2010 Stephen
    Wolves 2012 Stephen
    Reading 2013 Noel
    Wolves 2013 Stephen (I think I can type)

mike65 wrote: »
    Somone asked a good question on the guardian - are the Hunt brothers the most relegated in football?

Promoted
    Reading 2006 Stephen
    Reading 2012 Noel

Relegated
    Reading 2008 Stephen
    Hull 2010 Stephen
    Wolves 2012 Stephen
    Reading 2013 Noel
    Wolves 2013 Stephen (I think I can type)
    Brothers, maybe. But no individual can top Nigel Quashie for relegations in terms of different clubs:

QPR - 1996
    Nottm Forest - 1999
    Southampton - 2005
    West Brom - 2006

So now we know the make up of the division for next season, how is everyone feeling about their chances for next year. As a Birmingham fan I have feeling pretty ok so far. Have signed Lee Novak, Olly Lee, Darren Randolph, Andrew Shinnie and Neal Eardley so far. A few players were released such as Caldwell, Ibanez and Fahey. King, Lovenkrands, Mullins and Ambrose are all available for a free transfer, not sure we will be able to shift any of them due to their age. Would only be sad to see King leave, his goals have been vital to us over the last two years but his age and injuries are catching up on him.

Looking at our squad for next season it is very young, but some good experienced players. Still waiting on Robinson, Spector, Asante and Elliott to sign contracts. Will feel better when they sign up for next season.

Keepers: Colin Doyle, Darren Randolph, Nick Townsend
    Defenders: Amari’i Bell, Curtis Davies, James Fry, Mitch Hancox, Ryan Higgins, David Murphy, Will Packwood, Paul Robinson, Jonathan Spector, Neal Eardley
    Midfielders: Charlee Adams, Darren Ambrose, Koby Arthur, Chris Burke, Wade Elliott, Eddy Gnahoré, Oliver Lee, Hayden Mullins, Nathan Redmond, Callum Reilly, Andrew Shinnie, Liam Truslove
    Forwards: Akwasi Asante, Reece Hales, Marlon King, Peter Lovenkrands, Lee Novak, Nikola Zigic.

Hard to make a prediction on where we will finish. Will wait till closer to the season starts and see who else joins and more importantly who we have to sell. At the moment I am optimistic.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭G.K.

Novak went over my head completely. What do you think of him?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

As a Watford fan, I have absolutely no idea what the team will be. Literally none.

G.K. wrote: »
    Novak went over my head completely. What do you think of him?

Have not seen him play that often. Not a great scoring record and the fact he is seen as a second striker is a bit strange for us seeing as our best formation last season was playing with only one up front. Clark has worked with him before so I trust his judgement. He got a 3 year deal as well which shows that he is definitely in the 1st team plans and not just signed as back up. Will wait to see him in action though, but I do like a striker who works hard and puts a shift in; a description that seems to fit him.

Kiwi_knock wrote: »
    So now we know the make up of the division for next season, how is everyone feeling about their chances for next year. As a Birmingham fan I have feeling pretty ok so far. Have signed Lee Novak, Olly Lee, Darren Randolph, Andrew Shinnie and Neal Eardley so far. A few players were released such as Caldwell, Ibanez and Fahey. King, Lovenkrands, Mullins and Ambrose are all available for a free transfer, not sure we will be able to shift any of them due to their age. Would only be sad to see King leave, his goals have been vital to us over the last two years but his age and injuries are catching up on him.

Looking at our squad for next season it is very young, but some good experienced players. Still waiting on Robinson, Spector, Asante and Elliott to sign contracts. Will feel better when they sign up for next season.

Keepers: Colin Doyle, Darren Randolph, Nick Townsend
    Defenders: Amari’i Bell, Curtis Davies, James Fry, Mitch Hancox, Ryan Higgins, David Murphy, Will Packwood, Paul Robinson, Jonathan Spector, Neal Eardley
    Midfielders: Charlee Adams, Darren Ambrose, Koby Arthur, Chris Burke, Wade Elliott, Eddy Gnahoré, Oliver Lee, Hayden Mullins, Nathan Redmond, Callum Reilly, Andrew Shinnie, Liam Truslove
    Forwards: Akwasi Asante, Reece Hales, Marlon King, Peter Lovenkrands, Lee Novak, Nikola Zigic.

Hard to make a prediction on where we will finish. Will wait till closer to the season starts and see who else joins and more importantly who we have to sell. At the moment I am optimistic.
    Strange decision that you let Keith Fahy go. Always thought him to be one of your best midfielders! Would love to see him at Forest.

Advertisement