Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

android twitter app

• 11-07-2012 12:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 33

i'm hoping someone might be able to help me here.... I had reason to reload my HTC desire s on Sunday but since then I can't get notifications of new tweets to work... I only figured out tonight again - as I now remember doing it when I got the phone first - to sync the app and the phone book. however it is still not notifying me of new tweet....

any help or advise would be welcome? thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,184 ✭✭✭Patsy fyre

Which android Twitter app are you using?

Some apps wont give you notifications. Im using Twicca, which works extremely well and give me notifications.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=jp.r246.twicca&feature=search_result#?t=W251bGwsMSwxLDEsImpwLnIyNDYudHdpY2NhIl0.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 lolipop2005

the official Twitter app and I was getting notifications up until I needed to reinitialise the phone...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 646 ✭✭✭akamossie

the new update of twitter stopped the notification, you need to subscribe your notification for each tweet.

Check this link http://howto.cnet.com/8301-11310_39-57469759-285/how-to-set-up-tweet-notifications-in-latest-twitter-for-ios-android/?tag=contentMain;contentBody;3n

Thanks akamossie... It's bloody annoying though, will have to suss out a different app, don't want specific notifications just a general you have new tweets one! :( plus i'm not going through everyone i am following just to get the notifications set up.....!!!

Thanks akamossie... It's bloody annoying though, will have to suss out a different app, don't want specific notifications just a general you have new tweets one! :( plus i'm not going through everyone i am following just to get the notifications set up.....!!!

I agree, let me know if you find a handy app with all the notification at the same time like it was before :)

• Advertisement

I tried a few out since yesterday... Ubersocial seems to be the best for me so far!:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,184 ✭✭✭Patsy fyre

I tried a few out since yesterday... Ubersocial seems to be the best for me so far!:)
    Twicca and TweetCaster work really well also!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Vahevala

Patsy fyre wrote: »
    Twicca and TweetCaster work really well also!

I love Twicca! Great app and very fast to use as well.

I am going to give this one a try so. Cheers :)

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭tetsujin1979

having a minor problem with the official twitter app on my Galaxy S3. Whenever I try to tweet a photo taken in portrait mode, it is still posted as landscape. The photo itself has the orientation attribute set, and posting it on Facebook, picasa, flickr, etc works correctly.
    Anyone else having the same problem? I'm using Version 3.3.1 of the official app
    don't remember having that problem on my Desire HD

• Advertisement

having a minor problem with the official twitter app on my Galaxy S3. Whenever I try to tweet a photo taken in portrait mode, it is still posted as landscape. The photo itself has the orientation attribute set, and posting it on Facebook, picasa, flickr, etc works correctly.
    Anyone else having the same problem? I'm using Version 3.3.1 of the official app
    don't remember having that problem on my Desire HD

this is twitter app fault and not the phone. I have the same thing and tried on galaxy s2, still the same

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭tetsujin1979

akamossie wrote: »
    this is twitter app fault and not the phone. I have the same thing and tried on galaxy s2, still the same
    great, thanks
    Any place this can be reported, or are they already aware of it?

Advertisement