Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lakeview a good area to live?

Options
  • 11-07-2012 12:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭

Hi everyone,
    I put up a post last week about moving to Athlone and looking for a primary school close to the college. (thanks to those who replied :)) Well I've rang almost every school and keep getting no answer or they're full! The only school I could find with one spot left was Summerhill Primary School in Summerhill Co. Roscommon.
    If you're from Athlone I'm sure you know that's on the other side of town! However, I decided to look for houses somewhere in between the college and the school. Not so easy with my budget! If your from Athlone, what do you think of the Lakeview area? Particularly Iona Park?
    It says on Google maps it's about 9 minutes to the college and 8 minutes to the SummerHill School. Is this realistic? Or is there crazy traffic around there? Is it easy to get back and forth to town from here? I have a car but for nights out/taxis.
    And most importantly is it a safe area?

Thanks again for any replies

Advertisement