Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Something crazy

• 11-07-2012 12:44am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭

If anyone watched that program that was on a few weeks ago, lifers? About blokes that are doing pretty long prison sentences for murder and stuff. Yeah well, there was a fella on it, used to be a civil servant, who had killed his wife when she said she was leaving him. He was now doing 20 odd years I think it was.

The crazy part is, his two daughters, the ones he'd had with the dead wife, still came to visit him. Hugged him, told him they loved him. They said on the program 'the dad that killed mum was a different person' or some bollocks like that, and that they'd forgiven him. That is the crazy part, how could you forgive that? More than forgive even, how could you even look at him? Mental stuff.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭Fupping Grasshole

Not really, being insane is quite forgivable these days. Get with the programme loike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 769 ✭✭✭Diego Maradona

My cats breath smells like cat food

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

Maybe the mother was a bitch?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

Here's my number,

Call me maybe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Well that would be a ecumenical matter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,959 ✭✭✭Jesus Shaves

It'd take a fairly good person to forgive something like that, fair play to them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

Love the sins and not the sinner..

or some bollocks along those lines

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,631 ✭✭✭Aint Eazy Being Cheezy

He didn't want the marriage to end, she was flaunting her new lover in his face. Heck, Id have did the job for him if he'd asked! Slût :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

He didn't want the marriage to end, she was flaunting her new lover in his face. Heck, Id have did the job for him if he'd asked! Slût :D

Thats not the issue though, though you are right. Don't know how they could bear to even be in the same room as him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,631 ✭✭✭Aint Eazy Being Cheezy

Can you imagine the humiliation he must have felt?

It could easily have driven him temporarily insane, caused him to commit murder, then come back to his senses and show remorse.

I think this is what happened, his daughters recognised it and were able to forgive him and rebuild their relationship.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,624 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

cloud493 wrote: »
    Thats not the issue though, though you are right. Don't know how they could bear to even be in the same room as him.
    seeing as how it's AH

they are half way to their inheritance :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Conor_Sammon

Ever thought their mother was a right auld cow and the father was taking one for the team?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

He probably just seduced them with pimp daddy powers or something obvious like that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,464 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

It takes a hell of a lot to break the bond between child and parent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

I dunno. I'd say murdering the mum is enough to break that bond.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

cloud493 wrote: »
    I dunno. I'd say murdering the mum is enough to break that bond.

Obviously not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,372 ✭✭✭im invisible

kneemos wrote: »
    It takes a hell of a lot to break the bond between child and parent.
    not really, just a swift blow to the back of the head

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,464 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

not really, just a swift blow to the back of the head

Are you really invisible or do you just get ignored a lot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 852 ✭✭✭blackdog2

If my dad killed your ma I would blast everyone with tears of piss

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Jester252

Well they one have one parent left

• Advertisement
Advertisement