Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Voda RTG Call & Text Details and Usage

Options
  • 11-07-2012 1:38am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭

Is it possible to obtain call and text data details that you've used for Ready-To-Go Phones? Like with Bill-phones, you can see your phone usage and data on their Website that you've had month by month. Is there any way to see this info with a RTG phone? It'd be handy to be able to say where you're €20 credit went to.

My current injection of credit seems to be diminishing far too fast too soon with minimal use of the phone for the past few days. The next time I top up I'm gonna write down every single time I use the phone, text and call and see where the credit seems to be mysteriously vanishing to. :rolleyes:

I do play a couple of games from the phones, but that shouldn't use credit should it?!? Like I know some Apps' games require ya to go online with your phone to play the games, but the few games that I have ya can play directly on the phone without going online. Ohhh, actually I bet installing the games' Apps. would have used credit from my data allowance installing them through the phone! Ah, maybe that's what's using up the credit on me hhmmmm. But I think usually, if I install an app. I would use my House internet with my phone to install it rather than using my Phone's WAP internet to install it, I can never quite get my head around how some of these things work, but I think well I could be mistaken but, doesn't it still use up the data on the phone even if installed with house internet? So, maybe it must use up yer phone credit as well does it I don't know? Blah. Meh. Am getting more confused now. :rolleyes:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,560 ✭✭✭Vodafone: Darren

Hi there,
    If you'd like to PM over the below details, we can check for you?
    Just as an aside, some games do connect while you're playing them, to display banner ads, upload scores etc.

Mobile number:
    Address:
    Date of birth:
    A link to this thread:

Thanks,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭confuseddotcom

Hi Darren,

Thanks for your reply. I don't see why I should be giving out my details to you though for a generalized question not specifically relevant to my phone? I don't even have to be a Customer to ask such a generalized question. Can a Vodafone RTG Customer recall their usage call and text details like a Billpay Customer can month by month on the Vodafone Website? That's all I'm asking. It's a fairly straight forward generalized question. It's something ya should know straight off the bat I would think? I doubt it would require you know when I was born and where I live etc?

RE going online to play games, yeah that's what I mean I know some games do require you to go online for the Ads. etc. Some ya don't need to go online for and can just play as they are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,560 ✭✭✭Vodafone: Darren

Heya,
    We don't currently have full details available online, though we can help out by giving a quick overview of usage times, amount of data etc.

Thanks,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭confuseddotcom

Well I've discovered where all my Credit is "vanishing to!!" Firstly after moving from Bill-pay back to Pay-as-you-go, I was just automatically put on some old expensive plan that I don't think is even in use anymore. But was just put directly back on it and if I'm not mistaken the rates are fairly high. Secondly, I would have been on my Bill-pay and wouldn't have been up-to-speed that there's different plans and options available for Pre-pay, and that it actually was up to me to "just somehow automatically know" that I should go onto the Vodafone Website and consider which was the best value pre-pay plan for me to get. So eventually I kinda copped it and did a bit of looking-about and picked my plan. As it happens I wouldn't have been getting the free Internet part of the plan anyways as it is pretty-damn-neatly-secretly-veiled-in-small-print, that, you have to in fact top up by €25, to avail of the free Internet part! :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I kept insisting to Voda Staff on the phone that my credit was magically disappearing and the guy went to check up my account for me, and it turns out I'm still getting charged for Internet, even though I'm not even topping up enough to get the Internet in the first place lol!!!! Cue more :rolleyes::rolleyes: 99c we'll call it a euro was coming out of my credit every day for Internet usage!!! That's a heckuva lotta credit out of a €20 topup gone down the fricking drain!! A euro taken out every day on me...... :(

I would use my Wap Internet on my phone on the very odd occasion, but even if it's just using it for 60 seconds I still was getting 99c a euro leaving my credit EVERY DAY!! And so it transpires what I need to do is switch off My Mobile Data which I'm a bit iffy about what to do with Connectivity and all those Settings on my own Handset otherwise I'll be losing a euro daily if I don't figure it out grrrrrrrr. I suppose I could pay €25 and I'd get free Internet but on principle small print aside, I false mis-leadingly mis-representationally :P signed up to a €20 plan not a €25 plan. Plus I'm not going paying an extra fiver for going on the WAP Internet on my phone for a minute or two, a couple of times every few weeks! I feel a fiver is too much for that. So, I have to make sure Mobile Data or Packet Data or whatever ya call it is switched off!

Advertisement