Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

It's good to see we are not the only ones F***ed in Europe

• 11-07-2012 1:44am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 255 ✭✭

The People’s Party for Freedom and Democracy (VVD) calls for cuts totalling €24bn to ‘rebuild’ the Netherlands

'Student grants and fines for slow students to be scrapped' now that would be controversial over here!

Link to English article here

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,523 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

Well at least they seem to have agreement and have a lot of decent proposals rather than the broad sweeping statement made over here:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭keith16

It's not good to see this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Chorcai

How is it good ? If anything it just adds more to the doom n gloom around the EU.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,725 ✭✭✭charlemont

I hope they can sort it out, Holland is a great country, Nice people too. But I'm confident they will be ok, They are no fool's.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭Stiffler2

I'm delighted to see that the netherlands are in €24 billion debt.
    Know why ?

because this means they won't be getting rid of weed for tourists.
    * buys plane ticket *

HAW HAW

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,388 ✭✭✭Cina

The Dutch never entered recession and their economy has remained very stable, with very low unemployment rates and high export rates, and they won't have to go and borrow money to sort themselves out. They're also quite generally, very nice people.

I'd say they're a lot less 'fúckéd' than we are, somehow.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭Stiffler2

Cina wrote: »
    The Dutch never entered recession and their economy has remained very stable, with very low unemployment rates and high export rates, and they won't have to go and borrow money to sort themselves out. They're also quite generally, very nice people.

I'd say they're a lot less 'fúckéd' than we are, somehow.

it's basically coz they're all chilled out on weed and we are high on alcohol so we go mad

it really is that simple

• Registered Users Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭Immaculate Pasta

Ireland, Greece, Portugal, Spain.

Our current capitalism model is fucked :)

Advertisement