Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Time zone in control panel broken?

Options
  • 11-07-2012 1:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭

I've changed the time zone in my control panel to GMT+1 because I'm staying in that zone at the moment. However, this has had no effect on the times shown for posts - they still display Irish time. Is something broken?
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭Adyx

That's because the time in Ireland is GMT+1 at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭Louche Lad

No.

No matter what time zone I change to in my control panel, Irish time is still displayed. It ought to display times according to whichever time zone I specify — that's how it works on every other forum site I've used.

Before the change to the new look for this site, this worked. Now it doesn't work.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭Adyx

The new look is still in beta - you can't expect every little thing to work perfectly yet. Let them know in the Feedback thread and if it's that big a deal just switch back.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

Just tried it in beta skin and it's still working fine - must be a bug in the new skin if that's what you're using. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭Louche Lad

The problem is with the times in the Post Date column in the lists of threads under Latest Posts, My Forums and My Threads. Sorry for not making that clear.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭Boards.ie: Danny

Louche Lad wrote: »
    The problem is with the times in the Post Date column in the lists of threads under Latest Posts, My Forums and My Threads. Sorry for not making that clear.

That page has never behaved correctly with regards to timezones as it is entirely separate from vBulletin. It is an outstanding bug.

Advertisement