Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

new build POST problem?

Options
  • 11-07-2012 7:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 17

Hi, just powered up for the first time and think I could have a few problems.
    System has power sqwaaks when I push the power button and the Mic led comes on and stays on, the Headphone led flashes a few times and then stays off (Shinobi case) but no extra beep for POST after the initial noise.

Monitor just says reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media in selected boot device and press a key.

I can boot and access the UEFI menu but in there I see that the memory slots DDR3_A1 and _B1 are only showing 4096 MB each.

What do you guys think should I be getting a more obvious second POST beep if everything is ok are the case led headers setup wrong and more importantly should I go ahead with trying to install Windows?

I woud appreciate any feedback you could give as I don't feel confident that all is ok at this point.:confused:

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭uberpixie

Monitor just says reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media in selected boot device and press a key.

this is the important bit..... pc is not seeing your harddrive. Check connections and check the boot device order in the bios.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Gopher77

Hi, harddrive is a Samsung SSD I have a mechanical drive with the sata cable disconnected until I get everything loaded I changed the cable over to that and the only diffrence was I got a flash on the screen which looked like logo picture for ASROCK which is the Motherboard but then i just have the same message.

Both drives show in the UEFI as bootable options the boot device order was the samsung then the cd drive which I had changed to boot from the cd first so i could load Windows.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭Tea_Bag

start installing windows that's OK. its just saying that message cause its not finding any OS.

Thats great Tea_Bag thanks. Why does it only see that much memory is that normal?

do you have more than 8gb?

• Advertisement

No I only have eight.

there bios is displaying 8 so all is good there. its saying 2x sticks of 4gb each.

That's great so, I will start on Windows next. Unfortunately it will have to wait until this evening after work.

Which I suppose could be a good thing as my nerves are shot at this stage.:)

at least it posts. that alone means all the components are (usually) working. its the worst part. installing windows is easy compared to doing all the work that led up to it.

Advertisement