Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Switching provider on iPhone 4

• 11-07-2012 7:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭

I received my new micro sim today and will be switching from three to meteor as the three service is dire and this is half the price

Phone has been unlocked by three but they said I need to restore it in iTunes. Just wondering what I need to do first so I don't lose photos and videos on my phone. They are of the kids and I would hate to lose those moments!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

Right click the iPhone in iTunes and click backup. When that's done click restore, you will get asked to restore as a new phone or from a backup. Pick the latest backup

Try syncing the phone with the meteor sim installed before you restore though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

Normaly if you use a different sim you don't need to restore. Just insert the sim and connect to iTunes and the phone will be unlocked.

Otherwise if you want to make sure the phone has been backed up, right click on your phone name in iTunes and choose backup.

After your restore iTunes will ask if you want to restore from that backup.

Also backup your photos and videos by dragging them from your phone to a destination of your choice.

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭tunner

If I back it up on my phone with iCloud will that save all? Mobile numbers too?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

tunner wrote: »
    If I back it up on my phone with iCloud will that save all? Mobile numbers too?

That depends on what you have turned on in the iCloud options.

Photos and videos on your phone can potentially take up more space than the free 5GB that Apples gives you.

Advertisement