Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Make up that's exercise compatible?

• 11-07-2012 7:56am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭Freiheit

I run 5 or 6 times a week,3 or 4 days a week to work. Thus largely abdicating on make up . Is there anything that could survive a 2-3 mile slowish jog?. Even a tan or something that might colour my skin. I think I could do with some but is anything compatible with exercise?.

I'd appreciate any suggestions

Zoe :)

x

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 425 ✭✭gingernut125

do you want makeup that will look fine when your running, or look well for the rest of the day after running?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭Freiheit

Afterwards,however mild...thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 425 ✭✭gingernut125

can't help you there sorry, I'd always clean my face after and reapply. could you not put it on after your run?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,331 ✭✭✭✭bronte

Would you consider a B.B. cream?
    I just got the new garnier one for oily/combo skin and I'll be going for a run later.
    I'll let you know how I get on!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,597 ✭✭✭anniehoo

bronte wrote: »
    Would you consider a B.B. cream?

I was just going to suggest that too. When you get to work it will take less than 5minutes to apply some BB cream, cheek tint, mascara and lip gloss. Dont do it before and enjoy your run and worry about makeup when you actually get there. Maybe apply an spf moisturiser just before you start your jog.Those basic makeup products will make a difference. The BB cream is easy to apply (its more like tinted foundation) and not too thick or liable to go patchy like some foundations. Personally mascara of any kind is my "cant live without" product.

• Advertisement

just put it on when you get to work like lots of people

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭FueledByAisling

Running with makeup will give you horrendous skin, just get up the 15 minutes earlier to have 15 minutes at work after your run to apply makeup.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 x167346

I wear estee lauder double wear foundation, I wear it all day in work and it's still on when I go running in the evenings.... I do sweat and the foundation still stays on!! I always wear it when I go racing too and still looks fine after the race

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Do you not wash after running a few miles?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭christmas2012

max factor everlasting foundation works for miles..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭MangoLime

Wearing makeup when doing exercise is just asking for spots! Best just give your face a wash (even just with a good cleansing wipe) when you get to work and then apply your makeup. You might have to leave the house a bit earlier but at least your skin won't suffer.

You could always run in the evenings instead perhaps?

Hope that helps!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 745 ✭✭✭csi vegas

Freiheit wrote: »
    I run 5 or 6 times a week,3 or 4 days a week to work. Thus largely abdicating on make up . Is there anything that could survive a 2-3 mile slowish jog?. Even a tan or something that might colour my skin. I think I could do with some but is anything compatible with exercise?.

I'd appreciate any suggestions

Zoe :)

x

A good moisturiser with spf15 at least and then Bronz Xpress on top.

Always gets me out of pale-faced bother when I can't/don't want to wear slap around the house in front of himself!
    In case you haven't tried it, it's liquid and you apply with a mitt/cotton pad. It dries instantly and has next to no smell. Lasts a couple of days.
    Great colour too.

Aside from that, Vichy tinted moisturiser is really good and doesn't clog pores, think it has spf too. Used to use it, must buy again.
    Dust transluscent powder over it, way you go. :)

Advertisement