Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Up and Over Ultra Triathlon Aug 2013

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,197 ✭✭✭elvis jones

We got our AAI permit for the marathon/half !

Just need to get the course measured now !

Sorry all quiet with training for Lost Sheep and Galway 70.3.

A few weeks off now for holidays and then at the end of the month we go into over drive getting all ready.

We'll need help all over the place and if your interested in helping out in any way pop me a mail to upandovertri@gmail.com

Great meeting with the lads today, some stuff sorted.

Public cycle will be on Aug 25th in Galway with two distances.

100k will be 50 euro ( 48 of which will go to our charities )
    50k will be 30 euro ( 28 of which will go to our charities )

Each entry will have a chance to win spot prizes on the day and we'll have a little thank you gift for everyone as well !

I'll have full details and how to sign up on the next few weeks.

Our public run will be on Aug 31st in Offaly/Laois/Galway !

Full marathon will be 60 euro ( 57 of which will go to our charities )
    Half marathon will be 30 euro ( 27 of which will go to our charities )

There will be a medal for each finisher and chances to win spot prizes as well. Its not a race so 1st and last have to same chance of winning a prize !

We'll post the sign up details soon !

Also we'll have one person with us on each day so you can be a part of it. If you'd like to come with us on one of the days just pop us a mail to upandovertri@gmail.com

We'll have more details coming soon so keep and eye. Oh and let others know about us !!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Trig1

ye down near Limerick city /killaloe/newport/castleconnell for any of it???

any map of routes done out yet

Trig1 wrote: »
    ye down near Limerick city /killaloe/newport/castleconnell for any of it???

any map of routes done out yet

All are here, i think we hit the county on day 1/2 !!!

http://upandovertri.com/cms/about/ Just click on the routes !

• Advertisement

Major sponsor sorted this evening, check out our facebook page for details.

Entry details will be available soon for our public days, i'm just getting the entry system and bank accounts sorted !

Dates for the diary.

Public cycle 50k + 100k Aug 25th in Mamm Cross Galway

Public run full/half marathon in Offaly/Laois/Kildare Aug 31st

We should have our premium text service live for the event so you can donate that way. Also we are looking into have small packets of sweets available to buy as well in sports shops etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭ocisorrenta

Can the public join any part of the swim?

Can the public join any part of the swim?

We'll know in the next week. I need to discuss with our insurance providers and venue ! When i know i'll post here and on our facebook page so just like it to keep up !

Our launch will be in Portarlington on Feb 1. You'll be able to sign up for all our public events and get a closer look at what we are planning !

• Advertisement

Launch is now on Feb 7th and the public runs should be open for entry next week !

My bad, our launch is on Feb 8th in Portarlington with a race night as well to raise funds !!!

We're getting closer http://www.runireland.com/events/and-over-marathon-half-marathon

Howdy all,

As part of our launch night on Feb 8th we're having a race night and they are 5 euro. I know a lot won't make it to the event but if you'd like to buy a horse just pop me a PM and we'll arrange it somehow.

Every cent we get on the night will go to our charities Irish Autism Action & Irish Cancer Society !!!

Oh and if a business would like to sponsor a race thats 50 euro !!

Here is the public marathon run route. Its 95% there but there may be some tiny changes but nothing major ! The half marathon will start where R420 is on the map !!

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/266476952

• Registered Users Posts: 1,356 ✭✭✭pointer28

Looks great,

I just hope you don't expect the rest of us mere mortals to be doing 1:47 min/miles :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭couerdelion

pointer28 wrote: »
    Looks great,

I just hope you don't expect the rest of us mere mortals to be doing 1:47 min/miles :eek:

and he's still doing slow HR base training! :D

pointer28 wrote: »
    Looks great,

I was outrunning the hailstones;)

I'll be cycling it proper this weekend, i just wanted to get the route up for others to see.

Launch tonight in The Anvil Pub Portarlington if anyone wants to pop along, we'll have a race night and you can sign up for the public events !

Just a quick update to say we're still doing this:eek:

Anyway fund raising is going well and we have a few k in the bank account already which is amazing. You can enter the Marathon & Half Mrathon on Run Ireland which is on Aug 31st !

We need a little help in that we need hotel rooms in Galway ( Aug 27th ) and Ballinasloe on ( Aug 28th ). FREE is the main word or the best deal possible so if you or anyone know have connections with hotels in those areas we'd love if you could help us out.

Oh and if you're around on Aug 31st we could do with a few marshalls on the run route for an hr or two. As its a point to poitn we can roll marshalls in the route. Its nothing fancy just some water and energy drinks and manning roads to tell traffic about the run.

• Advertisement

Some local press on the event

http://www.leinsterexpress.ie/community/community-news/port-men-gearing-up-for-charity-triathlon-1-5137135

In the coming days we'll have details of a 7k & 10k to be run on Aug 31st with our full and half marathon. I'll post details here !

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭ocisorrenta

Any scope for a public swim during the trip?

Any scope for a public swim during the trip?

At the moment no, its turning into a real monster and we just don't have the man power.

Anyone free to marshall on Aug 31st for a few hrs in KIldare/Laois. You can consider it a donation to our charities ! If you can just pop me a PM.

Interview done and they'll be an article on our event in FIT mag ( free in the Indo ) next Thursday the 27th !

Just confirmed last night that one of the spot prizes for our full and half marathon finishers will be an iPad mini !

No 1st, 2nd prizes etc.......EVERYONE has an equal chance of winning a prize.

You can enter here
    http://www.activeglobal.com/ie/running/portarlington-ireland/up-and-over-marathon-half-marathon-10k-and-7k-2013

Article in FIT magazine today about our event, its free in todays indo:)

There's even a pic of me and some other fella with a tan;)

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭c07

Great article elvis! And holy mudder of god, they are some distances. Fair play to ye and wish you the best with it all :D

Les than one month left until we hit the pool at 5am on Aug 22nd.

Still time to enter the public event on Aug 31st. We have Marathon, Half Marathon, 10k and 7k. Remember all of your fee will go to charity.

We're in the market for a motor home for the 11 days to allow recovery for us and some sleep time on the road. If anyone can help us it would be great. Our budget is FREE;)

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Really sorry I wont make this one, I will be in the UK. Best of luck with the remaining weeks of prep.

Advertisement