Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Up and Over Ultra Triathlon Aug 2013

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,197 ✭✭✭elvis jones

Oryx wrote: »
    Really sorry I wont make this one, I will be in the UK. Best of luck with the remaining weeks of prep.

Oh i know you're racing on Aug 31st ! Belive me i'll be in a lot more pain that day then you will and i'll still have 50k to look forward to on Sept 1st:D

A piece is todays Irish Times and not the Daily Mail............;)

http://www.irishtimes.com/life-and-style/my-running-life-mark-neilon-1.1478660

I know the end of Aug is busy with kids going back to school, holidays and races so if you can't come on the day and run with us then we'd ask you to make a small donation online. Like Tesco every little helps and the money is going to two amazing charities.

Only 22 left until we hit the Pool at 5am on Aug 22nd for day one and a 7.6k swim !

http://www.mycharity.ie/event/upandovertri

• Registered Users Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭hardCopy

I know the end of Aug is busy with kids going back to school, holidays and races so if you can't come on the day and run with us then we'd ask you to make a small donation online. Like Tesco every little helps and the money is going to two amazing charities.

Only 22 left until we hit the Pool at 5am on Aug 22nd for day one and a 7.6k swim !

http://www.mycharity.ie/event/upandovertri

When does registration close for the public runs? I'll be along for one of them but haven't picked a distance yet?

hardCopy wrote: »
    When does registration close for the public runs? I'll be along for one of them but haven't picked a distance yet?

At the mo Aug 11th but might be pushed out to Aug 15th !

• Advertisement

Due to some problems with registration via mobile devices and tablets we've decided to registration WITHOUT t shirt open for ALL races until Friday at midnight !

Only a week left until we hit the water, gulp:o

Well it all begins tomorrow. We're not even close to ready but hey at this stage what can we do.

At 5am in the morning we'll be in the pool to do 304 lengths to get to that magic 7,600m.

We'll be on the bikes from Mizen to Tralee on Friday if anyone wants to join us on route for a few KM.

If anyone would like to make a donation here's the link. Remember like that big supermarket says...........every little helps !

http://www.mycharity.ie/event/upandovertri/

Its time to f*uk sh*t Up & Over !

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Good luck,
    bon chance,
    have fun,
    knock it out of the park,
    never quit,
    go geddit!,
    just do it,
    it's only pain,
    go neirí an bothar leat,
    enjoy,
    keep going,
    you can do it,
    think strong,

and

SMILE.

• Advertisement

Day one done, just a nice 7.6k swim. I'll be telling all on my training log !

Just a big well done to couerdelion who blitzed it in 3:14 !

• Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

Day one done, just a nice 7.6k swim. I'll be telling all on my training log !

Just a big well done to couerdelion who blitzed it in 3:14 !

Well done to the bunch of ye! Nutters!! :D

Here's a video of the 1st day on the bike.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=zrXyA128t9M#t=297

Quick update 390k ish done on the bike and 170k tomorrow. Bodies ok but its tough !

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭c07

Jesus... Well done!!
    Watched the vid, I would have hopped on a plane home from farranfore.. Lol!
    Keep up the good work lads. Well impressed ;)

654k cycle finished yesterday and starting the run this morning. My chest is in bits so its going to be a struggle.

Well marathon one is finished, running off the bike is never easy but running after Mizen to Malin haha nuff said.

We're taking it very easy and are just looking to finish each day really.

Another marathon this morning !

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

well done elvis, will buy you a beer in Lanzarote after ocean lava..:)

Advertisement