Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Updated look for the site (part2)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭RUCKING FETARD

Esel wrote: »
    I think I'd prefer to live with the quirk than do that - unless I'm missing the obvious here?
    So you only have one tab open at a time?

I fly round the place right clicking on everything, I'll open all my followed Threads, into whatever Forums I'd have interest, new tab, new tab, new tab and then when I'd have 60+open I'll read them all.

It's quicker-->I've never had decent Internet speed.

I never spotted the white flash till I read about it here and then waited for Thread to open.

For instance, the Default theme will momentarily appear when I click Submit Reply on this post.
    Just checked that, doesn't happen to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,312 ✭✭✭✭Esel

So you only have one tab open at a time?
    No, not one, but not sixty either!

One tab for Boards. A link in a Boards post will automatically open in a new tab. That system works fine for me.

On other sites, I will right-click links and open in a new tab.

Edit: Got the flash when submitting this post as well.

Not your ornery onager

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,513 ✭✭✭donalg1

Don't know if this is a new look issue but when using boards on my phone the quotes are messed up and seems to be the same for everyone. Say I quote a post that previously quoted mine, both posts show up in my new post only the quotes don't appear in order due to the two opening quote brackets being side by side at the top of the post.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,312 ✭✭✭✭Esel

^ Are you sure they not 'in order'? Nested posts appear with the original (oldest) post on the 'inside' - think of an onion.

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

Not sure if this has been asked already but should be seeing ads between posts on each forum?

If so, I'll be going back to using the old skin.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

quarryman wrote: »
    Not sure if this has been asked already but should be seeing ads between posts on each forum?

Not when logged in? ... at least I'm not seeing them when logged in, no difference from the old skin.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

Not when logged in? ... at least I'm not seeing them when logged in, no difference from the old skin.

Nah that's what I thought at first but I'm logged in alright.

I'm actually seeing them between posts too.

Nah that's what I thought at first but I'm logged in alright.

I'm actually seeing them between posts too.
    Odd.

Probably useful to tell the lads your OS / browser etc.

Certainly not happening for me, nor have I heard anyone else complaining about it.

Um ... quarryman, I may have found your answer!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,513 ✭✭✭donalg1

donalg1 wrote: »
    Don't know if this is a new look issue but when using boards on my phone the quotes are messed up and seems to be the same for everyone. Say I quote a post that previously quoted mine, both posts show up in my new post only the quotes don't appear in order due to the two opening quote brackets being side by side at the top of the post.

^Are you sure they not 'in order'? Nested posts appear with the original (oldest) post on the 'inside' - think of an onion.

In a way yes but they actually look like this which I assume must be wrong because if you were to quote this post again you then have the three posts in this messed up form.

Should it not look like this?
    donalg1 wrote: »

^Are you sure they not 'in order'? Nested posts appear with the original (oldest) post on the 'inside' - think of an onion.

And then have my response down here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Um ... quarryman, I may have found your answer!

God bless Subscriber features then. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Not sure if this is an issue really, but today my Quick Reply box is to the left of the screen instead of centred. And when I'm replying to a post the "normal" way, the "Preview Post" and "Submit Reply" buttons are on the right hand side of the screen to the right of the smilies, instead of centred below the reply box. Using Chrome.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Not sure if this is an issue really, but today my Quick Reply box is to the left of the screen instead of centred. And when I'm replying to a post the "normal" way, the "Preview Post" and "Submit Reply" buttons are on the right hand side of the screen to the right of the smilies, instead of centred below the reply box. Using Chrome.

Same here... me no likey.

Google Chrome on Win7 (64bit).

Oh also, the link at the bottom of the thread is missing to bring you back to the forum (not sure what it's called).

Screenshot with old and new skins:

976ab.jpg

25a29.png

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Ad's may have moved the quick reply space bit sideways.

The buttons are in the right place for full reply.

Edit:
    Yeah, seems you've ads off. The box is actually moved to the left to give room on the right for an ad, that us non-subbed users see.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

Ah, I thought I was going mad, the breadcrumbs at the bottom have disappeared and the 'preview post' and 'submit reply' buttons are now to the right.

I'm on Chrome.

Ad's may have moved the quick reply space bit sideways.

The buttons are in the right place for full reply.

Edit:
    Yeah, seems you've ads off. The box is actually moved to the left to give room on the right for an ad, that us non-subbed users see.

This is where the buttons are when I do a full reply:

0342c.jpg

Ah, I thought I was going mad, the breadcrumbs at the bottom have disappeared and the 'preview post' and 'submit reply' buttons are now to the right.

I'm on Chrome.

Oh yeah, just realised the bookmarks bar and tag box is gone as well!

Oh yeah, just realised the bookmarks bar and tag box is gone as well!

That's no harm :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Frank Spencer

Breadcrumbs missing at the bottom. Bring back if possible please.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭Boards.ie: Danny

Breadcrumbs missing at the bottom. Bring back if possible please.

The bottom breadcrumbs, social sharing and thread tags were removed deliberately this morning.

Danny

The bottom breadcrumbs, social sharing and thread tags were removed deliberately this morning.

Danny

Temporarily?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭Boards.ie: Tony

Temporarily?

Hey ibarelycare,

This isn't a temporary change. We'll be making a number of changes over the coming weeks to enable us to move away from vbulletin and clean up the overall look of things. This was one of the changes.

Tony.

Hey ibarelycare,

This isn't a temporary change. We'll be making a number of changes over the coming weeks to enable us to move away from vbulletin and clean up the overall look of things. This was one of the changes.

Tony.

Ok...can I ask why? It's a pain having to scroll to the top of the page to go back to the forum.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

The "Next thread/previous thread" buttons are gone too. PLEASE say that's not permanent!

Oh nooo not more change :pac:

Only kidding, you all do a great job, we'll get used to the changes!

The submit reply is back in the middle again, hurray!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭Boards.ie: Danny

Oh nooo not more change :pac:

Only kidding, you all do a great job, we'll get used to the changes!

The submit reply is back in the middle again, hurray!

Sorry about that :o First thing I fixed this morning, noticed it myself - completely unintended side effect :)

The previous/next threads were clicked a total of 200 times last month according to Google Analytics.

I'll investigate what can be done to re-center the reply box if you're a subscriber with ads turned off :)

Danny

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

The previous/next threads were clicked a total of 200 times last month according to Google Analytics.

Seriously? In that case, all 200 were me. Does it count private forums?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭Boards.ie: Tony

Ok...can I ask why? It's a pain having to scroll to the top of the page to go back to the forum.

We removed the breadcrumbs down there specifically because the sticky header has the breadcrumbs in there as well that follows you no matter where you are (unless you've disabled the sticky header)

• Advertisement

We removed the breadcrumbs down there specifically because the sticky header has the breadcrumbs in there as well that follows you no matter where you are (unless you've disabled the sticky header)

Isn't that unfair on those of us who don't like the sticky header? I don't see how that box cluttered the look in any way.

Are tags going to be done away with completely?

Advertisement