Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

broken nozzle on aftershave bottle

• 11-07-2012 9:58am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,964 ✭✭✭✭

Hope this is in the right place,

I got a bottle of Abercrombie & Fitch "Fierce" over ebay this week, it was working fine but there was a bit of leaking when i got the bottle, but it was nothing serious.

Today when I was using it, the nozzle just dropped to the bottom position, and it doesn't spring back to the top position, it can be pulled up, but you can see the chamber and the hose inside can be seen moving around etc, like it isn't anchored to the top part, if you get me.

The bottle is 95% full so I'm wondering if this can be fixed, or if I can transfer the remaining liquid to a new bottle.

Thanks.

Comments

Well not having seen the nozzle myself I can't tell you how to fix it, but if you're happy to transfer it to another bottle, you can buy empty bottles in Pennys that should do the trick. I'm pretty sure their packs of holiday bottles (you know, the small empty bottles you use to bring toiletries away with you) contain the spray type bottles, other than that I'm sure you could find empty bottles in house stores. If you want to reuse an old bottle, make sure you steep it or something first because you don't want to mix new and old.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,964 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

Thanks for the reply, its hard to describe the atomizer and what is wrong, but its essentially like the ball chamber and the hose aren't connected to anything to give it spring so it pumps the liquid out to you.

The atomizers on the Fierce bottles always seemed a bit cheapish so I'm hoping I can either fix it or open it, I only briefly tried before I left for work this morning and it was sealed up pretty tight, I can assume that it's not just as easy as a twisty top anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭suomi

If you decide to buy a new bottle, make sure it's a glass bottle as perfume and aftershave can't be kept in plastic bottles. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,255 ✭✭✭getz

Gintonious wrote: »
    Hope this is in the right place,

I got a bottle of Abercrombie & Fitch "Fierce" over ebay this week, it was working fine but there was a bit of leaking when i got the bottle, but it was nothing serious.

Today when I was using it, the nozzle just dropped to the bottom position, and it doesn't spring back to the top position, it can be pulled up, but you can see the chamber and the hose inside can be seen moving around etc, like it isn't anchored to the top part, if you get me.

The bottle is 95% full so I'm wondering if this can be fixed, or if I can transfer the remaining liquid to a new bottle.

Thanks.
    first of all are you male or female ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,964 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

I am male, why?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 425 ✭✭gingernut125

You could use one of these travel perfume holders
    http://www.boots.com/en/SILVER-Flo-Atomiser-Fragrance-Refillable_1234630/

They're sold in boots, usually near the till

Advertisement