Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ulster bank mortgage

• 11-07-2012 12:23pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,251 ✭✭✭✭

has anyone received the 30 % TRS yet? we are still on the 25% rate from pre budget.
    i rang in May and they said they expected to have their system updated by June !!!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,943 ✭✭✭smcgiff

Now is probably not a good time to expect UB to make updates to their systems. Do expect it to be back dated though, eventually.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭thebiglad

I am still on 25% too - understand it will be Q4 (and that was before the recent meltdown).

We will get adjustments when it happens.

No option to move from UB so guess we'll get it when it suits and backdated.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,965 ✭✭✭✭Zulu

what all this about 30% trs?
    I've an ulster bank mortgage....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭thebiglad

Zulu wrote: »
    what all this about 30% trs?
    I've an ulster bank mortgage....

Changes in Budget 2012 which was announced in December 2011, changes the rules on mortgage interest relief as follows:
    • First-time buyers in 2012 will get mortgage interest relief at a rate of 25% for the first 2 years, reducing after that
    • Non-first-time buyers in 2012 will get mortgage interest relief at a rate of 15% from 2012 until 2017
    • A special rate of 30% for the tax years 2012 to 2017 is introduced for first-time buyers who took out mortgages in the years 2004 to 2008

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 315 ✭✭Lpfsox

I think I'm still on 22.5% - no letters have issued from UB re my mortgage since the beginning of the year when I got one to say my payments would be going up which leads me to think my TRS went from 25% (year 4) to 22.% (year 5) of mortgage (first time buyer, bought in 2008, tracker mortgage).

Still no sign of last month's mortgage payment being taken either due to the ongoing issues in UB.

I'm sure they'll sort it out eventually, but it's daft that it's taking this long (even before the IT failures) to sort out something like TRS.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,060 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

Lpfsox wrote: »
    I think I'm still on 22.5% - no letters have issued from UB re my mortgage since the beginning of the year when I got one to say my payments would be going up which leads me to think my TRS went from 25% (year 4) to 22.% (year 5) of mortgage (first time buyer, bought in 2008, tracker mortgage).

Still no sign of last month's mortgage payment being taken either due to the ongoing issues in UB.

I'm sure they'll sort it out eventually, but it's daft that it's taking this long (even before the IT failures) to sort out something like TRS.

My mortgage went out on Thursday, about two weeks late.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 315 ✭✭Lpfsox

nearly 3 weeks since mine was due - hoping they take it soon because the next payment is due shortly; really don't want to be owing 2 months mortgage and trying to juggle that through my current account (a minor problem in comparison to some I realise but a pain all the same).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,251 ✭✭✭✭km79

Rang again today about the increased TRS the lady told me they HOPE to have that sorted THIS YEAR !!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,251 ✭✭✭✭km79

km79 wrote: »
    Rang again today about the increased TRS the lady told me they HOPE to have that sorted THIS YEAR !!!
    Rang again. Same thing. "hope" to have it sorted this year.
    Is there any point lodging a complaint

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,060 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

km79 wrote: »
    Rang again. Same thing. "hope" to have it sorted this year.
    Is there any point lodging a complaint

No.

The have recently dropped the variable interest rate though, which was nice...

• Advertisement
Advertisement