Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Skangers getting a bashing on Talbot St, Dublin !!!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

Happyman42 wrote: »
    We're going to condone beating people up because of their accents now? Very good...carry on. :rolleyes:

Here we go again!

No, we're talking about avoiding people based on certain accents because what you usually hear them talking about is (albeit stereotypically) bragging about all the laws they've abided and being kind to their fellow man. (Psst, I'm using sarcasm here...just so you know...ok...).

Sure there are thieves that wear suits and ties and go to work in a nice tall building and take from the hard-working lower class man, yada yada yada. So I get your point.

But I know, I'm feeding...

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,680 ✭✭✭green123

its the people sticking up for the scum that are the real problem in society.

we would be able to deal with the scum if so many saps were not sticking up for them.

wouldnt the world be a better place without scum and without junkies ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭Brokentime

stovelid wrote: »
    Anybody watching that whole video with comical karate movie wooo-tish punching and kicking noises in their mind?

Love the description of the video:

"Just as the situation was at its most dire, Flying Kick Brother appeared like a god, capturing the rhythm of the moment”

Here in China, if you do something cool or interesting, they'll add either Brother or Sister to your name. Like 'Drinks 10 Pints Brother'.

Yeah, it's totally a Bruce Lee moment. That flying kick was bad-ass. You can almost hear the "Hiiiii yaaaaaa" :D

Degsy wrote: »
    Usually drugs.

You also get court appearances

Time in prison

Chats with solicitiors

Pending charges

The possibility of a "bender"(suspended sentence)

Mutual aquaintances from prison(they give full names and crimes plus known associates and area of residence plus spouses and relatives)

Compensation claims(lots of them)

Details of other people's crimes,charges,prison time,compensation claims,drug habits,location,appearance and relatives.

They wil talk about all those subjects in great detail usually with a spot of personal heroism in relation to any of the above thrown in.

They lead quite the interesting life, don't they.

Which translator did you use to work this out?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭guitarzero

Kinda feel sorry for the 2 skanger lads, chances are they probably didn't deserve that. I walk that street quite a lot and regardless of how down trodden the folks are, they rarely, if ever, cause any hassle.

• Advertisement

guitarzero wrote: »
    Kinda feel sorry for the 2 skanger lads, chances are they probably didn't deserve that. I walk that street quite a lot and regardless of how down trodden the folks are, they rarely, if ever, cause any hassle.

You bleedin mental or wha?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,066 ✭✭✭✭Happyman42

Careful now, you'll be spoiling the armchair warrior buzz! :eek: :D

I suppose what they have is not really an 'accent', but an 'argot':

Definition: a specialized idiomatic vocabulary peculiar to a particular class or group of people, especially that of an underworld group, devised for private communication and identification.

Or maybe they have both.

Still scum, though.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

Ben D Bus wrote: »
    You forgot outstanding warrants, individual Gardai, and the relative merits of the different prisons. At least that's what they talk about on the number 40 :)

The 40 is where i glean most of my info too!

Garda Patrica Daly is a hero in my eyes..the scumbags hate and fear her!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Faith+1

Ahhh hearrrrr leave it outttttt!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

They deserve everything they get. They started it, and every time they get knocked down, they get back up and continue to shout at the other 2 lads who tried to walk away. Even at the end when idiot throws his pringles, I doubt he's saying "Sorry lads, we didn't mean it" as he's following the 2 foreigners across the street.

Paparazzo wrote: »
    They deserve everything they get. They started it, and every time they get knocked down, they get back up and continue to shout at the other 2 lads who tried to walk away. Even at the end when idiot throws his pringles, I doubt he's saying "Sorry lads, we didn't mean it" as he's following the 2 foreigners across the street.

Those skangs are lucky those lads didn't really lay into them.

I don't know, maybe I'm just getting old, but I love to see your typical Dublin skanger get a good shoe'ing after they mouth off. And that's what they do - they mouth off. That's what got them that ass beating in the video. Probably said something racist before the filming started.

I was crossing O'Connell Street a couple of years ago with my then girlfriend, who's Chinese, and I had a pair of these goits standing behind us whispering the word 'Chink' again and again. Turned around and what was before me - the usual skinny, tracksuited, half-assed attempt at a mustache, and that fc*king sneer that's always on their faces. If I didn't have to worry about the missus, I would've beaten the p1ss out of the pair of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭guitarzero

Paparazzo wrote: »

You didn't actually see what happened to start it, something was initiated but we don't know what, could have been the other two lads thats started something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,224 ✭✭✭Procrastastudy

DELETED.

This little roister started when a scumbag punched a ban gard then got bashed by a security man who came to her aid who in turn got jumped by 20 scumbags.

Why arent the cops using batons..or better yet,baseball bats?:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 davidgrn

green123 wrote: »
    its the people sticking up for the scum that are the real problem in society.

we would be able to deal with the scum if so many saps were not sticking up for them.

wouldnt the world be a better place without scum and without junkies ?

How do you define scum?

Who gets to mark them as scum, you? Who are you to decide?

davidgrn wrote: »
    Who gets to mark them as scum, you?

They mark themselves as scum by behaving like scum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭miller50841

davidgrn wrote: »
    How do you define scum?

Who gets to mark them as scum, you? Who are you to decide?

Do you have an opinion or do you just like everyone

what others are trying to say is there are way to many do gooders sticking up for those that defo need a lesson and need to cop on with themselves

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

You didn't actually see what happened to start it, something was initiated but we don't know what, could have been the other two lads thats started something.

Going purely on the video, and people on this thread and the after hours thread, the skangers started it.

They always start it. Idle hands, and all that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭Capri86

This is a much better version!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

Capri86 wrote: »

This is a much better version!

Should have known! Guiles theme goes with anything!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭Dockington

Very easy to restrain somebody smaller than you when you have them on the ground, keep a knee on their back and stop them from getting their hands under themselves. They can flail away for hours, but they aren't going anywhere.

I actually registered for boards just because of the idiocy of this comment. Previously I just enjoyed reading the odd interesting thread when bored.

I worked for 9 years as a doorman up until a year ago. I'm 6'3'' and while doing the door I weighed in between 15 and 16 stone with very little fat. I have no problem admitting that I have in the past had a tough time keeping lads a good 2-3 stone lighter than me restrained. When someone goes wild struggling, kicking, punching and biting it is can be hard to restrain them. I certainly wouldn't recommend attempting it with a druggie who could be carrying weapons or could be infected with any number of diseases.

And by the way restraining someone by putting them on their chest and kneeling on their backs can cause them to have breathing problems and is not recommended. On one of the many courses my company sent us on we were told that if the individual was injured while being restrained in this way you could be charged with assault.

Dockington wrote: »
    I actually registered for boards just because of the idiocy of this comment. Previously I just enjoyed reading the odd interesting thread when bored.

I worked for 9 years as a doorman up until a year ago. I'm 6'3'' and while doing the door I weighed in between 15 and 16 stone with very little fat. I have no problem admitting that I have in the past had a tough time keeping lads a good 2-3 stone lighter than me restrained. When someone goes wild struggling, kicking, punching and biting it is can be hard to restrain them. I certainly wouldn't recommend attempting it with a druggie who could be carrying weapons or could be infected with any number of diseases.

And by the way restraining someone by putting them on their chest and kneeling on their backs can cause them to have breathing problems and is not recommended. On one of the many courses my company sent us on we were told that if the individual was injured while being restrained in this way you could be charged with assault.

You are doing it wrong.....I would rather the risk of injury while restraining than ensure it by kicking somebody to the head when they are on the gound like that. Did they teach you that trick on the course?:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭discus

You're clueless, Happyman. That's not the problem though - the problem is that you don't know it yet.

discus wrote: »
    You're clueless, Happyman. That's not the problem though - the problem is that you don't know it yet.

Why? Because I won't take part in the juvenile glorifcation of thuggery?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,689 ✭✭✭Tombi!

You are doing it wrong.....I would rather the risk of injury while restraining than ensure it by kicking somebody to the head when they are on the gound like that. Did they teach you that trick on the course?:rolleyes:

On the ground while picking up the weapon that can blind you?

On the ground while picking up the weapon that can blind you?

The bunch of keys I carry would blind you if I smashed them in your face, does that mean you can kick me in the head if I take them out of my pocket?
    Cop yourself on. The kick was unwarranted and unneccesary.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,689 ✭✭✭Tombi!

The bunch of keys I carry would blind you if I smashed them in your face, does that mean you can kick me in the head if I take them out of my pocket?
    Cop yourself on. The kick was unwarranted and unneccesary.

Yes, if you're picking a fight with me and take them out (again) after usin them as a weapon, you'll get kicked.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭Plumpynutt

Hold tight the fella throwing his chicken fillet roll.

Advertisement