Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Skangers getting a bashing on Talbot St, Dublin !!!

Options
15678911»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,296 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Dockington wrote: »
    I actually registered for boards just because of the idiocy of this comment. Previously I just enjoyed reading the odd interesting thread when bored.

I worked for 9 years as a doorman up until a year ago. I'm 6'3'' and while doing the door I weighed in between 15 and 16 stone with very little fat. I have no problem admitting that I have in the past had a tough time keeping lads a good 2-3 stone lighter than me restrained. When someone goes wild struggling, kicking, punching and biting it is can be hard to restrain them. I certainly wouldn't recommend attempting it with a druggie who could be carrying weapons or could be infected with any number of diseases.

And by the way restraining someone by putting them on their chest and kneeling on their backs can cause them to have breathing problems and is not recommended. On one of the many courses my company sent us on we were told that if the individual was injured while being restrained in this way you could be charged with assault.
    I'm not a doorman, but it's clear that happyman doesn't have a clue what hes talking about.
    People like him are a problem in the country. Defending scum bags that started the incident in the first place. Wonder how many other people minding their own business the lads with the umbrella bet up that day? Maybe they'll think again after a kick to the face.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭miller50841

Cienciano wrote: »
    I'm not a doorman, but it's clear that happyman doesn't have a clue what hes talking about.
    People like him are a problem in the country. Defending scum bags that started the incident in the first place. Wonder how many other people minding their own business the lads with the umbrella bet up that day? Maybe they'll think again after a kick to the face.

I agree there are too many do gooders who wouldn't say boo to one of these scum bags but would have no problem telling the normal decent person that is defending themselves they are wrong or how dare they do that and so on.

Sure have heard it all doing my job no matter what I do Im wrong so don't even listen to them anymore sure had a complaint in for smiling and not answering:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,066 ✭✭✭✭Happyman42

Cienciano wrote: »

At no point did I defend 'scum bags'. Thousands of 'normal' people encounter this kind of person everday, they are a fact of life in the modern world. However DECENT people don't administer kicks to head when another human being is on the ground and defenceless.
    What 'clue do you need to have' about excessive unwarranted actions and the glorification of same?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,568 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Happyman42 wrote: »
    At no point did I defend 'scum bags'. Thousands of 'normal' people encounter this kind of person everday, they are a fact of life in the modern world. However DECENT people don't administer kicks to head when another human being is on the ground and defenceless.
    What 'clue do you need to have' about excessive unwarranted actions and the glorification of same?

Skangers may be a fact of life but who says people should have to put up with it.
    Why do they have to go around annoying and bothering people who are minding their own business.
    These two messed with the wrong guys and they got some of their own medicne, serves them right.

Look these scum bags should be told to move on and the Guards need more powers and resources to do so.

The ones that are in hanging around and bothering normal decent people come in on the buses and Luas for free may I add early in the morning get there methadone then sell and share with eachother then do few pills and shoot up and few cans and do be dealing between themselves see this all the time and never really see them been checked or moved on it really puts a horrible look on the city and they then leave on the transport later in the day/night and all back the next day.

• Advertisement

Skangers may be a fact of life but who says people should have to put up with it.
    Why do they have to go around annoying and bothering people who are minding their own business.
    These two messed with the wrong guys and they got some of their own medicne, serves them right.

So you want to live in a society where lethal force can be used if anything annoys you? Good luck in that, you'll reap what you sow. Decent people should have decent limits in what they do and what they condone. All kinds of things annoy in an urban environment. I suppose you think excessive road rage is warranted and attractive in a driver? :rolleyes:

So you want to live in a society where lethal force can be used if anything annoys you? Good luck in that, you'll reap what you sow. Decent people should have decent limits in what they do and what they condone. All kinds of things annoy in an urban environment. I suppose you think excessive road rage is warranted and attractive in a driver? :rolleyes:

Nope. Bad example anyway, road rage is when someone overreacts to being cut off etc.
    Skangers wouldn't think twice about sticking someone with a knife or even worse a needle so if hitting them hard to make sure they stay down and not being hurt is the only option then yeah I think most men would do it.

Nope. Bad example anyway, road rage is when someone overreacts to being cut off etc.
    Skangers wouldn't think twice about sticking someone with a knife or even worse a needle so if hitting them hard to make sure they stay down and not being hurt is the only option then yeah I think most men would do it.

Yeh, random unprovoked stabbings and needling has just gotten so commonplace on Irish streets....thousands a week. :rolleyes: It would make you want to ring Joe to 'overreact'. :rolleyes:

Yeh, random unprovoked stabbings and needling has just gotten so commonplace on Irish streets....thousands a week. :rolleyes: It would make you want to ring Joe to 'overreact'. :rolleyes:

Bit of a grammer nazi aren't ya.
    Yeah I'd defend myself if I felt threatened and to be honest I couldn't care less what you think about it.

I couldn't care less what you think about it.

Why are you commenting then? There's 'scum' out there to be dealt with! :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,455 ✭✭✭✭Monty Burnz

However DECENT people don't administer kicks to head when another human being is on the ground and defenceless.
    But the scummer wasn't on the ground, he was half way up again - would you have trusted him once he was on his feet again? Or would you have - in a most chivalrous fashion - waited until he was fully on his feet again before trying to knock him down again?

But the scummer wasn't on the ground, he was half way up again - would you have trusted him once he was on his feet again? Or would you have - in a most chivalrous fashion - waited until he was fully on his feet again before trying to knock him down again?
    He started his lunge before the guy started to get up....after they beat up another guy who was RUNNING away.

He started his lunge before the guy started to get up....
    Watch the video again. The guy didn't stay down as he should have if he wanted to look like he was out of the fight. And I'm all for beating up the guy who ran away as that's the only punishment he's going to get for starting the trouble. If it went to court he'd be out again the same afternoon due to a lack of prison space and judges who live in a world of their own.

If it went to court he'd be out again the same afternoon due to a lack of prison space and judges who live in a world of their own.

That is not an excuse for lethal force. Instead of gloryifying these equally yobbish 'heroes' put the energy into getting the institutions of the state to do their jobs properly

• Registered Users Posts: 14,296 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Good strawman argument there. No one said you can kick the crap out of someone that annoys you. Try harder.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,689 ✭✭✭Tombi!

That is not an excuse for lethal force. Instead of gloryifying these equally yobbish 'heroes' put the energy into getting the institutions of the state to do their jobs properly

No, I'd rather just kick the man in the head who tried to stab me.
    That's a much better solution.

Can you think of a better excuse for using lethal force against someone who has tried to use lethal force against you?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Happyman42,

Again, the guy who got kicked in the head has only himself to thank for what happened to him.
    He went for the guy's eye with his umbrella.
    He wasnt defending himself by trying to fence him off by going for the upper body or legs, no he was the attacker and went for the guys eye.

A less skilled fighter could have lost his eye, maybe even his life.

Anyone going for someone's face with a sharp object, umbrella, bottles whatever, should be taken out so that he cant try a second time.

True

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Ferrakins

Just when u think it can't get any better.... There's a remix!

http://soundcloud.com/petemaguire/ahhhh-hereeeeeeeeeeee-leave-it

Rumours are she's on x factor tonight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Dancor

Ferrakins wrote: »
    Just when u think it can't get any better.... There's a remix!

http://soundcloud.com/petemaguire/ahhhh-hereeeeeeeeeeee-leave-it

Rumours are she's on x factor tonight.

Here is another.

Advertisement