Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Skangers getting a bashing on Talbot St, Dublin !!!

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 690 ✭✭✭puffishoes

Ah here leave it out

The fight was initiated by the two trackies, at 20 seconds the lad who initiated the fight is getting off the ground with the same brolly he tried using as a weapon in the first place and got a kick in the snot for it.

He was still armed with a weapon, he deserved the kick in the face ~ it disarmed him.

As soon as they could the two lads who was who were attacked tried to leave the area only to have one of your poor unfortunates follow them and assault one lad by throwing a missile at him then proceeding to follow the lads through the junction.

do you have your own copy of the video?

I don't see anyone "startin'" anything am i not right in saying we don't know what or who started it?

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Rhand

puffishoes wrote: »

I don't see anyone "startin'" anything am i not right in saying we don't know what or who started it?

My roommate was there when it started, and she confirmed the skangers were the agressors.

Mystery solved.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 690 ✭✭✭puffishoes

Rhand wrote: »
    My roommate was there when it started, and she confirmed the skangers were the agressors.

Mystery solved.

ah, you live with "leave it ouat " ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,150 ✭✭✭dazberry

The kick was excessive. The guy in white double stepped and ran with the express intent of delivering a kick to the head or face as soon as he saw the guy sitting up. To me that was particularly vicious. But then again, none of that would have happened had the skangers not been... well skangers, brought it on themselves, nice for them to learn a bit of cause and effect for a change.

D.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,066 ✭✭✭✭Happyman42

What would you have done in that situation?.

I have walked city streets for years and have come across all types and I have never gotten into a scuffle like that. If approached by those two (and we have no idea how this kicked off, despite any amount of unverified 'roommates and eyewitnesses who where ther and (suprise, suprise)happen to be in agreement with the 'summary justice' meted out.) I would have attempted to calm the situation first and if it escalated into a physical confrontation my approach would have been to subdue, which, judging on the capibilities on show, should not have been too difficult. What I would NEVER ever do, is kick a prone man, on the ground, in the head. That's called, 'personal responsibility'.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Rhand

Happyman42 wrote: »
    I have walked city streets for years and have come across all types and I have never gotten into a scuffle like that. If approached by those two (and we have no idea how this kicked off, despite any amount of unverified 'roommates and eyewitnesses who where ther and (suprise, suprise)happen to be in agreement with the 'summary justice' meted out.) I would have attempted to calm the situation first and if it escalated into a physical confrontation my approach would have been to subdue, which, judging on the capibilities on show, should not have been too difficult. What I would NEVER ever do, is kick a prone man, on the ground, in the head. That's called, 'personal responsibility'.

Run and hide would've saved you some typing.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭hardCopy

He started it, fvck him.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭christmas2012

It was OTT excessive violence definately,when i was last around dublin city centre,its only gotten worse,more junkies than ever,and hyper aggressive alcos,the current recruitment freeze of police certainly doesnt help either,there should be more beat police to sort this mess out..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭donaghs

Skangers shouldn't be a constant irritation, and start fights etc. Not because they might get beaten up. But because its wrong.

But I suspect the physical lesson will be more effective at getting this message through to them than mere words.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 595 ✭✭✭books4sale

I would have attempted to calm the situation first and if it escalated into a physical confrontation my approach would have been to subdue.

Subdue my ar*se. You can't subdue these lads, most of them are strung out on XYnZ.

You haven't a clue what one of these lads could be carrying, they'd have you stabbed quick as shot with a syringe or knife.

If you don't have the physicality or killer instinct to take the aggressor out as shown here, best to be legging it which is what i'd be doing.

Don't be expecting Gardai to help out either, their hands are tied.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭CommanderC

puffishoes wrote: »

The two muscle guys are walking backwards- away from these skangers at the start of the video. Had the skanger, turned and walked away, the guys would have continued on. But surprise surprise, the skangers don't.

The skanger in the red, takes his umbrella and tries to force it into the muscle guys face.

It is clear to me who started it.

You start a fight with some and you get the **** kicked out of you.....you have no one to blame but yourself.

books4sale wrote: »

If you don't have the physicality or killer instinct to take the aggressor out as shown here, best to be legging it which is what i'd be doing.

You are playing way to many video games. :rolleyes:
    The video is deliberately edited to obscure how this started, but, it is patently obvious that the physical battle was won, then he seriously assaulted a prone man on the ground.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,507 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

The video is deliberately edited to obscure how this started, but, it is patently obvious that the physical battle was won, then he seriously assaulted a prone man on the ground.

You mean the guy getting up with the umbrella in his hand?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

And I already have a feeling that this one is going the same way! :pac:

The last computer game I played was back in the days of the old C64. :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭DipStick McSwindler

This post has been deleted.

You mean the guy getting up with the umbrella in his hand?

Put your foot on the umbrella, not into his head. He is making his run before the umbrella is raised anyway.
    I have loads of concerns about these people roaming the streets, but glorifying these kind of vigilante actions, is not the way to deal with it. IMO you become worse than them if you go this road. What has it actually achieved, do you seriously think those two won't be back on the street tomorrow?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Rhand wrote: »
    As I said somewhere else:

My Brazilian roommate was on the street and asked the 2 Brazilians why they fought those knackers. And it turns out those knackers were mocking the Brazilian boys.

Maybe they'll think twice about mocking other people now.

No problem with them getting battered but maybe a little excessive if the junkies were just slagging them.

• Site Banned Posts: 2,037 ✭✭✭paddyandy

Nice ...except for the boot to the face .

feeney92 wrote: »
    Except the head kick at the head, that's one Randy Orton would be proud of!! but highly unnecessary

Whoever it is, that kick is forever immortilised on youtube.

....something to show the grand kids some day!

• Advertisement

The kick in the head was a bit excessive but fuck knows what the lad on the deck might have had on him: knife, syringe, whatever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭DipStick McSwindler

This post has been deleted.

What has it actually achieved, ?

You'd achive supreme status, a legend forever within your community ....like Batman or some superhero lad!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

You mean that prone man who at a few seconds in the clip tries to stab someone's eye out with an umbrella?
    Everything that happened to him after that was fully deserved. He should count himself lucky that the 2 guys walked away and didnt really finish the job.

As for Pringle man.... typical hardman when his opponent is a foot smaller than him. This time.... not so much.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,507 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

Put your foot on the umbrella, not into his head. He is making his run before the umbrella is raised anyway.
    I have loads of concerns about these people roaming the streets, but glorifying these kind of vigilante actions, is not the way to deal with it. IMO you become worse than them if you go this road. What has it actually achieved, do you seriously think those two won't be back on the street tomorrow?

He should have waited until he raised it then? Maybe he should have given him a sporting chance :/

And what makes you say this? Why would the uploader want to edit the video? What would the uploader gain by just showing the vid from this point on? That comment confuses me to no end.

It looks like the viewer was witnessing this going on and then decided to record from where we initially see it too.

He should have waited until he raised it then? Maybe he should have given him a sporting chance :/

If your personal responsibility is to subdue then dealing with that situation was easy. Would have disappointed the 'drooling youtube skangers' though.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

CommanderC wrote: »
    The two muscle guys are walking backwards- away from these skangers at the start of the video. Had the skanger, turned and walked away, the guys would have continued on. But surprise surprise, the skangers don't.

The skanger in the red, takes his umbrella and tries to force it into the muscle guys face.

It is clear to me who started it.

You start a fight with some and you get the **** kicked out of you.....you have no one to blame but yourself.

Exactly.

These scumbags are used to getting thier own ways..mouthing off all over the place and starting trouble with people minding thier own business.

About time they got some payback the dirty bastards.

feeney92 wrote: »
    Unless you see it im afraid you cant claim self defence for something that isnt there, unless he says "I have a knife"

I think a lot of people would rather take their chance with giving a kick in the head then to gamble, fail and die on the street at the hands of some nutter with a knife.

Not saying I'm a tough guy or I would be able to do that myself but I can see where the lad is coming from by taking him out.

• Advertisement

stovelid wrote: »
    I think a lot of people would rather take their chance with giving a kick in the head then to gamble, fail and die on the street at the hands of some nutter with a knife.

Not saying I'm a tough guy myself but I can see where the lad is coming from by taking him out.

It was the....

Advertisement