Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Skangers getting a bashing on Talbot St, Dublin !!!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,455 ✭✭✭✭Monty Burnz

What would you have done in that situation?.
    He would have helped the guy up and given him his solicitor's details if he wanted to sue him...

Seriously, the skanger needed to stay down or the guys were still justified in perceiving him as a potential threat.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

Scumbags were breaking the law.

No cops around so they received some summary justice.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

Degsy wrote: »
    Scumbags were breaking the law.

No cops around so they received some summary justice.:)

I think they need to update it! :pac:
    (6) A person guilty of an offence under this section shall be liable—

(a) on summary conviction to a fine not exceeding £1,500

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

pithater1 wrote: »
    To be fair it looked like yer man was about to try to impale him with the brolly before the kick went in.
    He certainly appeared to be raising it, but that kick was still pretty vicious.

There's no way that the two big lads started it; you can see them backing away at the start before the skanger throws the punch that earned him a kicking. Overall it looks like the skangers started it, and the big guys made their point in a fairly restrained way before walking off. They could have done a lot more damage.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭bryaner

Pay the men and get them out on the streets, pure class!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,066 ✭✭✭✭Happyman42

chin_grin wrote: »
    And what makes you say this? Why would the uploader want to edit the video? What would the uploader gain by just showing the vid from this point on? That comment confuses me to no end.

It looks like the viewer was witnessing this going on and then decided to record from where we initially see it too.

So enamoured of the viciousness are some that they aren't looking at what else is going on in the video and there was a lead up to what we see. At the point where they beat the guy in blue at the shop window, one of the guys retrieves a can from the top of the post box, after the kick,the guy in white goes into the next street to retrieve his coat.
    There is an obvious lenghty lead up to the confrontation we see, and our two 'heros' have been drinking, as well (the size of the can he has indicates this) We have no idea how much, but we also have no idea how strung out the two so called 'skangers' are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 595 ✭✭✭books4sale

Happyman42 wrote: »
    So enamoured of the viciousness are some that they aren't looking at what else is going on in the video and there was a lead up to what we see. one of the guys retrieves a can from the top of the post box, after the kick,the guy in white goes into the next street to retrieve his coat.

Nothing wrong with enjoying a Coca Cola.

..........until some lad in tracksuit bottoms and a 1950's wooly jumper starts giving it loads by throwing shapes and poking a brolly in your face.

Thread is getting a bit "media manipulation" IMO.

This pic is a good description of it...(IE one event, multiple stories of how you're shown it).

Media-Manipulation-Optical-Illusion1.jpg

books4sale wrote: »
    Nothing wrong with enjoying a Coca Cola.

..........until some lad in tracksuit bottoms and a 1950's wooly jumper starts giving it loads by throwing shapes and poking a brolly in your face.

It's not any can of coca cola I know, it's a long can. I don't know of any soft drink in cans like that. Maybe I'm wrong. But it is undeniable that this confrontation didn't start with what we see.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 690 ✭✭✭puffishoes

CommanderC wrote: »
    The two muscle guys are walking backwards- away from these skangers at the start of the video. Had the skanger, turned and walked away, the guys would have continued on. But surprise surprise, the skangers don't.

The skanger in the red, takes his umbrella and tries to force it into the muscle guys face.

It is clear to me who started it.

You start a fight with some and you get the **** kicked out of you.....you have no one to blame but yourself.

huh? we don't see the start at all, maybe the "muscle guy" slapped the guy before hand and walked away? we have no idea what happened.

• Advertisement

It's not any can of coca cola I know, it's a long can.

Looks to me like a gym shaker:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,630 ✭✭✭The Recliner

it looks exactly like a gym shaker, at the start of the clip when it is perched on the post box you can see the levered cap that they have open

As has been pointed out repeatedly we don't see how this started but we can speculate (which is all anyone can do) and based on personal experience and probability I know where my money would be on who started it and whose course of action I would side with

It's not any can of coca cola I know, it's a long can. I don't know of any soft drink in cans like that. Maybe I'm wrong. But it is undeniable that this confrontation didn't start with what we see.

True, by the same token, I don't know anyone who works out in gyms to become the size of these lads and then spend their time boozing in the middle of the day. Many of these guys don't even touch the stuff.

books4sale wrote: »
    True, by the same token, I don't know anyone who works out in gyms to become the size of these lads and then spend their time boozing in the middle of the day.

you don't know many polish/slovak/russians then....

Could be, but like an awful lot of other stuff in that vid, we don't know for sure.

Could be, but like an awful lot of other stuff in that vid, we don't know for sure.

Jesus H Christ..its not a fake Bigfoot video filmed on shaky Super 8.

Anybody with a pair of eyes and the slightest knowledge of dublin scumbag behaviour would "know for sure" what occured.

:rolleyes:

Jesus H Christ..its not a fake Bigfoot video filmed on shaky Super 8.

Anybody with a pair of eyes and the slightest knowledge of dublin scumbag behaviour would "know for sure" what occured.

:rolleyes:

i've been through the school of hard knocks i know what's going on out in the field. would you ever stop talking through your jaxy.

regardless of what "skangers" or junkies normally do or don't do. in this instance you have no bleedin idea of what they did and have no point of reference if the retort was warranted from the "muscle" lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,689 ✭✭✭Tombi!

Here's what I noticed:
    The two big fellas were backing off and didn't start the attactk.
    The other two lads began following them and started it.
    The guy in the red deserved the boot. If he didn't intend to use the thing as a weapon he would have protected his face instead of grabbing his little weapon.
    Then one of the lads tried following them again and this time they headed off faster than just backing off slowly.

Let's say for argument's sake the two fellas (the skangers) didn't start the fight, why the f**k would you want to go and chase after two lads who clearly can kick the living shíte outta you and your mate and then try to provoke them by throwing stuff at them a second time?

As for the boot in the heard, completely deserved. The fella was walking back and not bothering him till skanger man stands back up (or tries to). Nothing wrong with trying to keep the man down when he was a dangerous weapon that can take your eye out.

But then again I'm not a gobshíte who tries picking fights with large muscular men.

puffishoes wrote: »
    you don't know many polish/slovak/russians then....

I know a good few Polish actually, but most of them drink. But the body builder types I know don't drink so much if at all.

i've been through the school of hard knocks i know what's going on out in the field. .

What are you,a farmer?

• Advertisement

i've been through the school of hard knocks i know what's going on out in the field. would you ever stop talking through your jaxy.

regardless of what "skangers" or junkies normally do or don't do. in this instance you have no bleedin idea of what they did and have no point of reference if the retort was warranted from the "muscle" lads.

Here's my point of reference: the skangers are idiots. There was absolutely no need at all for the can at the end of the vidoe other than to try to get the two bigger lads to come back to give them another beating. They got what the deserved. They just bit off too much and got a beating for it. Then tried to provoke the lads again

Here's my point of reference: the skangers are idiots.

we don't even know if they're "skangers" we don't know anything about them ffs.

There was absolutely no need at all for the can at the end of the vidoe other than to try to get the two bigger lads to come back to give them another beating.

He'd just had the head punched off him, maybe he was you know..a bit pissed off?
    They got what the deserved. They just bit off too much and got a beating for it. Then tried to provoke the lads again

deserved for what? we don't know if they did anything.

we don't even know if they're "skangers" we don't know anything about them ffs.
    He'd just had the head punched off him, maybe he was you know..a bit pissed off?
    deserved for what? we don't know if they did anything.

They're skangers. The scumbag that didn't get a kick in the head tried using his can as a weapon and then got taken down a few punches. So basically: two pricks, one with an umbrella and another with a can tried to assult two lads and got beaten up.

Got why they deserved.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭hardCopy

You are playing way to many video games. :rolleyes:
    The video is deliberately edited to obscure how this started, but, it is patently obvious that the physical battle was won, then he seriously assaulted a prone man on the ground.

When was the last time you were outdoors?

Your points would probably sound great in a debate about the decline of chivalry in Western Society, not much use when there's a scobie coming at you with a brolly.

Have you ever been physically attacked?

They're skangers. The scumbag that didn't get a kick in the head tried using his can as a weapon and then got taken down a few punches. So basically: two pricks, one with an umbrella and another with a can tried to assult two lads and got beaten up.

Got why they deserved.

you should set up stall in grafton arcade with your ball.

Just to skotch any talk of the umbrella being used as a weapon, here's what you would be presented with in a court. Look at the sequence of photo's and you will see plainly that the 'kick' starts, long before the umbrella even moves, in fact, the umbrella is used as an instinctive protection. As soon as he sees the guy raise his head, his intention is to do what he did...seriously assault.
    You can 'suppose' all you want, the evidence is that the umbrella was not a threat, or used as a weapon at that point.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,630 ✭✭✭The Recliner

Just to skotch any talk of the umbrella being used as a weapon, here's what you would be presented with in a court. Look at the sequence of photo's and you will see plainly that the 'kick' starts, long before the umbrella even moves, in fact, the umbrella is used as an instinctive protection. As soon as he sees the guy raise his head, his intention is to do what he did...seriously assault.
    You can 'suppose' all you want, the evidence is that the umbrella was not a threat, or used as a weapon at that point.

It had been used as a weapon previously in the encounter, safe to assume that it would have been used again

That is not to argue that the intention was to kick the guy getting off the ground before the umbrella had been raised

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Rhand

He used it at the beginning as a weapon, you don't have to be Einstein to figure out he'd use it again.

I really don't see where you're coming from. (Between picture two and three I'm talking about here).

The guy on the ground has the brolly in his hand just as the kick is starting in is what I make from that...and probably what the courts would take from it too. It was already used as a weapon, the fact that he still has it on him and is picking it up would cause alarm bells ringing in the other guy.

• Advertisement

you should set up stall in grafton arcade with your ball.
    Okay, that makes no sense, but okay.

Okay let's skip back to the beginning of the vidoe where it was a f**king weapon and intended to be used as one.

I try smash a bottle over your head, you stop me and then I pick the bottle back up when you're calmly walking towards me, what are you going to do? Ask if I'm planning on using it a second time? Regardless of his intentions he tries grabbing it first. I'm not sure how you zoom or take a photo of just the video but you can clearly see the man grab the umbrella and then the other man spots this and goes from "walking" to "run and kick him to keep him and his nice attack weapon he attacked me with down on the ground".

If he had never used it in the first place (to provoke the fight), then you'd have a case. But again, see the bottle argument above.

Advertisement