Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Skangers getting a bashing on Talbot St, Dublin !!!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,689 ✭✭✭Tombi!

Happyman42 wrote: »
    What is hypocritical in objecting to bottom-feeders lauding the kicking of a man on the ground in the head?
    Don't you have any lines that shouldn't be crossed? It is clear and incontrovertible that they had ample oppurtunity to subdue and remove the 'weapon'. From WHAT WE CAN SEE it was the guy in white who chose to escalate a minor incident to a serious assault.
    Is it open season on anybody who appears to be a 'skanger' just for the edification of the youtubers?
    Would your opinion change if he had killed him? This is not a video game, it's a real person, if you want to get your jollies, I suggest you get some sugared popcorn and watch a Bruce Willis movie.

Laughing? I don't think anyone said they found it funny that someone got kicked in the face. I think most people find the irony that two skangers bit off more than they could choose.

Really? You can only see that part? Right, I'll fill you in on the part you missed :)
    One skanger has an umbrella and starts prodding one of the two men that are walking backwards. Then the two men react in defense. But sure, you keep going on about how the two skangers "innocent victims" (as you think they are) didn't at all provoke in any manner the two lads that fought back.
    If he had of killed him my opinion certainly would not have changed: I feel satisifed that these two scumbags bit off more than they could chew. Would I still think they (two bigger lads) did the right thing? Of course! What else do you do when someone comes at you with deadly weapons? Say "lads, you're deprived and poor, why don't we just talk about this after you finish trying to take my eye out"?

It's not about them being skangers, it's not about us laughing at it, it's not even about the f**king jackets, the motives, the muscle mass, the f**king side street or whatever.

It's a simple thing: umbrella = way to take someone's eyes out, you use it and you could go from a simple fisticuffs to someone that's using a weapon and will be treated as such especially when you try to grab it again after being disarmed.
    puffishoes wrote: »
    right we get it, you have no clue as to why the men were backing off or to what happened previously. e.g. one of the men physically assaulting the guy with the umbrella and knowing know he was going to retort so back's off.

you're getting better at this. so what we know for a fact is your making judgements about people you know nothing about based on well, their clothes.

You'll get there in the end.

Okay, where did I make a mention that I'm juding them on their clothes? I call them skangers/scumbags because I think using an umbrella to get a sly hit in and then throwing a 500ml can at someone when their back is turned is a scumbag tactic.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 690 ✭✭✭puffishoes

L

Okay, where did I make a mention that I'm juding them on their clothes? I call them skangers/scumbags because I think using an umbrella to get a sly hit in and then throwing a 500ml can at someone when their back is turned is a scumbag tactic.

oh and kicking someone in the face when they obviously can't defend it is the act of a gentleman?

christ all mighty.

we don't know why, maybe they know each other? maybe they had interactions before? we don't bloody know.

oh and kicking someone in the face when they obviously can't defend it is the act of a gentleman?

christ all mighty.

we don't know why, maybe they know each other? maybe they had interactions before? we don't bloody know.

HE HAD A FÚKING WEAPON THAT HE USED! HE THEN ATTEMPTED TO FÚCKING GRAB IT AGAIN! IT IS ABLE TO REMOVE SOMEONE'S FÚCKING EYE!

How hard is this to understand?
    If I'm in a fight and I grab a bottle and try to hit you with it, I get knocked down and try to get it again and you see it, what will you do?
    Be honest, what exactly will you do when I try again to grab the weapon I already used.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

Just my take on that: I assume the two bigger lads weren't Irish and that's why the scumbags continued. Skangers seem to feel that if you're not Irish you'll automatically be an easy target.

Yeah that was my reading of it too. It was a "go on get away from us you <insert foreign nationality here>" move. Purely to show face even though they're the ones that got their bluff called and a$$es handed to them.

What is hypocritical in objecting to bottom-feeders lauding the kicking of a man on the ground in the head?
    Don't you have any lines that shouldn't be crossed? It is clear and incontrovertible that they had ample oppurtunity to subdue and remove the 'weapon'. From WHAT WE CAN SEE it was the guy in white who chose to escalate a minor incident to a serious assault.
    Is it open season on anybody who appears to be a 'skanger' just for the edification of the youtubers?
    Would your opinion change if he had killed him? This is not a video game, it's a real person, if you want to get your jollies, I suggest you get some sugared popcorn and watch a Bruce Willis movie.

How are you coming to the conclusion that we're getting our "jollies" from watching a guy getting a kick in the head when he's down?

It's the nature of good guys vs bad. We need to differentiate one from the other, there is no grey area here. Be it in the movies or in real life. Stating for more facts on this and trying to call everyone who agreed with how they handled the situation "bottom feeders" doesn't really make you on the fence.

Violence isn't the answer, but it's the only language that this type of person understands as they've grown up with it all their life without being corrected or stood up to. Law doesn't work as it's a joke of a system so who's going to teach them a lesson? Maybe two guys who snap because they're sick of putting up with this BS day in day out (just to point out this is hypothetical...but understandable).

From the evidence of the video the "good guys" won, took the high road and walked off when they made their point. This is the important bit, they made their point after being provoked and stabbed at (not necessarily stabbed) with the umbrella.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭hardCopy

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 560 ✭✭✭wesf

watched this at least 10 times since yesterday and it just gets better, was talking to a lad that was there, the 2 lads were americans supposedely.
    scum provoked the 2 lads, and the scum didn't get half enough of a beating.
    all those wastes of space should be rounded up and shot, total drain on society is all they are.
    if they got the 2 lads on the ground they wouldn't be long about doing serious damage.
    fair play to the 2 lads, i'd shake their hands if i met them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,066 ✭✭✭✭Happyman42

two men backing off,

He is NOT backing off.....he is moving backwards with his fists up in a fairly classic taunt. There is a huge difference. What happened immediately before that, we DON'T know.
    I can supply screenshots if you are having difficulty seeing that.

He is NOT backing off.....he is moving backwards with his fists up in a fairly classic taunt. There is a huge difference. What happened immediately before that, we DON'T know.

Taunt? It's called keeping your f**king face safe.
    What do you call trying to hit you in the face with an umbrella? An act of love?

HE HAD A FÚKING WEAPON THAT HE USED! HE THEN ATTEMPTED TO FÚCKING GRAB IT AGAIN! IT IS ABLE TO REMOVE SOMEONE'S FÚCKING EYE!

He had a poxy umbrella he used it against someone that weight maybe 4 stone than him and could possibly kill him stone dead with his fist.
    How hard is this to understand?
    If I'm in a fight and I grab a bottle and try to hit you with it, I get knocked down and try to get it again and you see it, what will you do?
    Be honest, what exactly will you do when I try again to grab the weapon I already used.

I don't know about you, but i generally carry an umbrella as I forsee wet weather in the future not to take on two polish lads twice my size. you assume he had the umbrella as a weapon i'm suggesting he had it for the same reason everyone else carrys one, protection from the f*cking rain.

He had a poxy umbrella he used it against someone that weight maybe 4 stone than him and could possibly kill him stone dead with his fist.

I don't know about you, but i generally carry an umbrella as I forsee wet weather in the future not to take on two polish lads twice my size. you assume he had the umbrella as a weapon i'm suggesting he had it for the same reason everyone else carrys one, protection from the f*cking rain.

Get me their weight please or stop guessing.
    I assume he had as a weapon because he used it as a weapon. Just like if I had a 500ml can and I hurl it at someone, it then becomes a weapon.
    And I have to laugh, how do you know their Polish?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,455 ✭✭✭✭Monty Burnz

He may have brought it to ward off the rain, but he turned into a weapon when he tried to poke the guy in the face with it. And for some reason when he was getting back up he was very preoccupied with ensuring he had it in his hands again.

Get me their weight please or stop guessing.
    I assume he had as a weapon because he used it as a weapon. Just like if I had a 500ml can and I hurl it at someone, it then becomes a weapon.
    And I have to laugh, how do you know their Polish?

I don't, I have it in my head they're because people on various discussions said they were. I don't know where they're from and it's irrelevant.

you don't carry an umbrella as a weapon. the same way you don't carry a box of pringles or a single of chips or whatever the hell was thrown.

You assume he had the umbrella as a weapon i'm suggesting he had it for the same reason everyone else carrys one, protection from the f*cking rain.

Honestly I've never seen an inner city youth carry an umbrella for the weather. Don't the wear hoodies for that? :pac:

Looked like a fine day to me though!

Also he didn't assume he had the umbrella as a weapon, he USED it as a weapon. Difference.

He may have brought it to ward off the rain, but he turned into a weapon when he tried to poke the guy in the face with it. And for some reason when he was getting back up he was very preoccupied with ensuring he had it in his hands again.

I'd be pretty concerned for it's where abouts too had i just been floored by a guy twice my size.

for what reason WE DON'T KNOW

• Registered Users Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭RoboRat

Nope but it could be the difference between able to walk away and being stabbed when you try to leave the confrontation.

I don't know what happened before the camera rolls but from my experience I can 99% say that the big blokes weren't looking for trouble. If they were, why were they walking backwards being pursued? Why did the bloke with the umbrella tried to stick it in their face? why would they walk away after they had them down? Why would they tolerate getting hit on the back?

These are not the actions of an aggressor and having worked on the doors in nightclubs, I know how and aggressor acts.

I don't, I have it in my head they're because people on various discussions said they were. I don't know where they're from and it's irrelevant.

you don't carry an umbrella as a weapon. the same way you don't carry a box of pringles or a single of chips or whatever the hell was thrown.

irrelevant, you don't carry a wheel brace in your car as a weapon but i reckon you'd do some damage with it :rolleyes:

Actually, it's very f**king relevant now, you pointed out their Polish, why? What was the point? Does it make it better that they could have had their eyes taken out? Or had a 500ml can bounce off their head(s)?

You also don't have to use it as a weapon but the skangers did. And what was thrown was a can, 500ml and pretty full.

chin_grin wrote: »
    Honestly I've never seen an inner city youth carry an umbrella for the weather. Don't the wear hoodies for that? :pac:

Looked like a fine day to me though!

Also he didn't assume he had the umbrella as a weapon, he USED it as a weapon. Difference.

maybe it was fine at the time, hence the umbrella not open.

but i guess you're pretty knew to ireland if you think carrying an umbrella on a dry day is strange.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,066 ✭✭✭✭Happyman42

Taunt? It's called keeping your f**king face safe.
    What do you call trying to hit you in the face with an umbrella? An act of love?

You said....these guys were backing off. They weren't 'backing off', what we see was part of something that had gone on before the video starts. Had these two already recieved a beating? The guy has a top rolled around his arm, maybe he had recieved an injury....I don't know and neither do you know.
    Judge what you see, not what you think you see.

Actually, it's very f**king relevant now, you pointed out their Polish, why? What was the point? Does it make it better that they could have had their eyes taken out? Or had a 500ml can bounce off their head(s)?

You also don't have to use it as a weapon but the skangers did. And what was thrown was a can, 500ml and pretty full.

i told you all ready because it has been stated on many fora/fb/etc they were polish. i don't give a **** where they're from. polish or otherwise

• Advertisement

maybe it was fine at the time, hence the umbrella not open.

but i guess you're pretty new to ireland if you think carrying an umbrella on a dry day is strange.

Lived here all my life bud, so yeah I know the weather can be quite changeable. My point was I've never seen the inner city Dublin youth of today carrying one. It looks strange...almost...weapon-like. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,455 ✭✭✭✭Monty Burnz

I'd be pretty concerned for it's where abouts too had i just been floored by a guy twice my size.
    Why would you? The rain would have been the least of my concerns.

wesf wrote: »
    irrelevant, you don't carry a wheel brace in your car as a weapon but i reckon you'd do some damage with it :rolleyes:

the point i was trying to make was you can't assume their intention when they left home with the umbrella was to try and hit someone with it. the same way you don't assume everyone driving a car's intention is to hit someone with a wheel brace. but should i be at the back of my car and someone twice my size hits me they will be removing a wheel brace from their cheek without question.

Why would you? The rain would have been the least of my concerns.

well for a start the guy might take it off and give you a new arsehole

the point i was trying to make was you can't assume their intention when they left home with the umbrella was to try and hit someone with it. the same way you don't assume everyone driving a car's intention is to hit someone with a wheel brace. but should i be at the back of my car and someone twice my size hits me they will be removing a wheel brace from their cheek without question.

well if the scumbag wasn't being a scumbag he wouldn't have been attacked by the lad twice his size in the first place

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭R P McMurphy

They could have easily inflicted a lot more damage if they wanted to but retreated. The fella at the end coming in and throwing something was excuse enough for them to give them a second beating but they left it.

You said....these guys were backing off. They weren't 'backing off', what we see was part of something that had gone on before the video starts. Had these two already recieved a beating? The guy has a top rolled around his arm, maybe he had recieved an injury....I don't know and neither do you know.
    Judge what you see, not what you think you see.

I did judge what I see. I see two scumbags using an umbrella and a can as weapons.
    i told you all ready because it has been stated on many fora/fb/etc they were polish. i don't give a **** where they're from. polish or otherwise

No, you obviously have a reason. I'd like to know the reason. Being Polish doesn't mean you should be targeted. Being muscular doesn't mean you're Polish. So again, what does it matter if they're Polish, Asian, Native American, Black or Eastern European.

They're still human and humans don't deserve to have a can bounced of their skull when they think the fight is over.
    Lived here all my life bud, so yeah I know the weather can be quite changeable. My point was I've never seen the inner city Dublin youth of today carrying one. It looks strange...almost...weapon-like. pacman.gif

A mate of mine does. Though the only time he got into a fight someone else tried to stab him with the one so I'm not sure :D

No, his point was that once you use it as a weapon, it is then safe to believe in the same instance, it will be used again when you try to grab it a second time.

Lived here all my life bud, so yeah I know the weather can be quite changeable. My point was I've never seen the inner city Dublin youth of today carrying one. It looks strange...almost...weapon-like. :pac:

They don't look that young to me, I have no idea if they're from "inner city" dublin.

they might be men of great wealth and taste :pac:

which adds to the point we know little about them but quick to judge.

we have decided they're scumbags and live in inner city dublin...:eek:

wesf wrote: »
    well if the scumbag wasn't being a scumbag he wouldn't have been attacked by the lad twice his size in the first place

WE DONT KNOW WHAT THEY WERE DOING!

MCFLY!??

• Advertisement

They don't look that young to me, I have no idea if they're from "inner city" dublin.

they might be men of great wealth and taste :pac:

which adds to the point we know little about them but quick to judge.

we have decided they're scumbags and live in inner city dublin...:eek:

Well I reckon they're scumbags because of the umbrella and the can/whatever they threw (spelling looks wrong?) at the end.

And it was in Talbot Street and they look Irish so we can assume they're Dubliners.
    WE DONT KNOW WHAT THEY WERE DOING!

MCFLY!??

I do. I can spot it a mile away. They tired to use their umbrella as a weapon.

Advertisement