Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Skangers getting a bashing on Talbot St, Dublin !!!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,066 ✭✭✭✭Happyman42

How would you have taken the brolly from him?.

And how would you have held him down and called for help?.

Not loaded questions btw, I'm genuinely interested.

He has a number of oppurtunities to take it away, but doesn't. He is physically stronger than him and he knows it, as he has no problem turning his back on him. (this is a guy with a 'lethal weapon remember). The other guy hands out a vicious kicking to the guy in blue who was running away, and is obviously afraid of him. (which again suggests a prelude to what we see) Then he returns and more viciously kicks the guy on the ground in the head.
    They where physically dominant, subduing them was easy. The 'weapon' as a threat after the guy is floored is nonsense imo. At no point do they show any reasonable/responsible behaviour.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Happyman42 wrote: »
    He has a number of oppurtunities to take it away, but doesn't. He is physically stronger than him and he knows it, as he has no problem turning his back on him. (this is a guy with a 'lethal weapon remember). The other guy hands out a vicious kicking to the guy in blue who was running away, and is obviously afraid of him. (which again suggests a prelude to what we see) Then he returns and more viciously kicks the guy on the ground in the head.
    They where physically dominant, subduing them was easy. The 'weapon' as a threat after the guy is floored is nonsense imo. At no point do they show any reasonable/responsible behaviour.

So I'll repeat myself;

• Closed Accounts Posts: 560 ✭✭✭wesf

If he was the 'aggressor', I'd have taken the weapon off him for a start. The guy in red was not a threat and didn't show any signs of wanting to be physically involved. He could have easily been kept at bay while the other guy, held down, calmed down. If he wasn't going to calm down, call for help.

But that of course wouldn't have got the bottom feeders on youtube excited.

the bottom feeders are the 2 gimps getting the kicking, its obvious what they are. also, i was chatting to a lad that was at the scene, before the video started the 2 scumbags were walking after the two big lads shouting and slagging them so they were asking for what they got and more imo.
    as said earlier these scumbags are a waste of space, hassleing people and just being a drain on society in general.
    i'm sure lots of people have seen similar situations, i was waiting at a luas stop one day and this scumbag druggie tried to talk to a girl, she moved away and he called her every name under the sun, while following her down the street, i wouldn't even repeat some of the stuff he said.
    dirtbags is all they are, and the place would be a lot better off if they were all rounded up and put down

So I'll repeat myself;

It was a two on one situation, the guy in red is way down the street, out of the way and not a threat. Would have been no problem for them to smother him up and take the umbrella away, before he raises it. That's if they wanted to. After they knock him to the ground they had several oppurtunities to take it away as well. They are more intent on goading the guy to use the umbrella, then they react.

It was a two on one situation, the guy in red is way down the street, out of the way and not a threat. Would have been no problem for them to smother him up and take the umbrella away, before he raises it. That's if they wanted to. After they knock him to the ground they had several oppurtunities to take it away as well. They are more intent on goading the guy to use the umbrella, then they react.

I'll try this one more time;

And smoother him! ~ and risk getting bit, or kicked in the head by the other lad, no way!.

So anyway, you're coming out with all the answers so try answer those two please.

If you can't just say so, because tbh and I'm drawing on a lot of experience here I can't see any other course of action those two lads (the big lads) could have safely taken.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

wesf wrote: »
    the bottom feeders are the 2 gimps getting the kicking, its obvious what they are. also, i was chatting to a lad that was at the scene, before the video started the 2 scumbags were walking after the two big lads shouting and slagging them so they were asking for what they got and more imo.
    as said earlier these scumbags are a waste of space, hassleing people and just being a drain on society in general.
    i'm sure lots of people have seen similar situations, i was waiting at a luas stop one day and this scumbag druggie tried to talk to a girl, she moved away and he called her every name under the sun, while following her down the street, i wouldn't even repeat some of the stuff he said.
    dirtbags is all they are, and the place would be a lot better off if they were all rounded up and put down

Have to put up with them regularly on the bus since it started going up to ballyfermot.

They usually get on a o'connel st,tell the driver they've lost thier pass and start cracking open cans without a care in the world.

One bloke was bragging to another how him and afriend had battered a security guard somewhere..dragged him out of the shop and left him "leaking" on the ground because he tried to stop them robbing drink.

Another time i heard a woman saying she was going in for a scan in Holles st,collecting her "phy" in Pearse st then meeting somebody in town to buy a load of zimmo.

This was 9 o'clock in the morning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭Delancey

Cool video and I have no doubt who were the troublemakers there.

Alas I have found I can't really give an opinion in these matters because the sanctimonious pains in the ass that frequent boards.ie invariably give me shyte and tell me such comments are '' dissappointing '' or '' unacceptable '' coming from a moderator :rolleyes:.

( Apparently moderators are only supposed to say bland and banal things having worded them carefully so as not to offend anyone ).

Degsy you should see some of the sh*t I take on the door from the same toe rags.. Although by around 10 or 11 at night they've usually crawled back under their rocks thank God.

I'm loath to touch them or get their blood or body fluids anywhere near me, Jesus it makes my skin crawl to think of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 560 ✭✭✭wesf

Degsy wrote: »
    Have to put up with them regularly on the bus since it started going up to ballyfermot.

They usually get on a o'connel st,tell the driver they've lost thier pass and start cracking open cans without a care in the world.

One bloke was bragging to another how him and afriend had battered a security guard somewhere..dragged him out of the shop and left him "leaking" on the ground because he tried to stop them robbing drink.

Another time i heard a woman saying she was going in for a scan in Holles st,collecting her "phy" in Pearse st then meeting somebody in town to buy a load of zimmo.

This was 9 o'clock in the morning.

one reason i'd never live in dublin, although i know they aren't just in dublin. its terrible how something isn't done to clean the place up and get the scum off the streets.
    i live in a small town in the midlands, i see some wastes here, they walk around town all week, get money on a friday and spend every cent on drink and drugs and are broke by the next day. rob houses and shops, fight and injure people and they get away with it, not a thing happens them!
    my brother was brought to court and fined because his number plate on his car didn't have the county in irish on the plate, but yet these scum can get away with this stuff.
    worst part is these scumbags are just going to reproduce and the cycle will continue.

Degsy you should see some of the sh*t I take on the door from the same toe rags.. Although by around 10 or 11 at night they've usually crawled back under their rocks thank God.

I'm loath to touch them or get their blood or body fluids anywhere near me, Jesus it makes my skin crawl to think of it.

Do vermin like that actually try and get into clubs ?

• Advertisement

Delancey wrote: »
    Cool video and I have no doubt who were the troublemakers there.

Alas I have found I can't really give an opinion in these matters because the sanctimonious pains in the ass that frequent boards.ie invariably give me shyte and tell me such comments are '' dissappointing '' or '' unacceptable '' coming from a moderator :rolleyes:.

( Apparently moderators are only supposed to say bland and banal things having worded them carefully so as not to offend anyone ).

Same here!.

But working doors in Dublin city center over the last twenty years has given me fairly entrenched views on all matter's involving these types of people and incidents.

It used to be the case that dublin was fairly rough after dark so you'd need to keep an eye out...now its even less safe in the middle of the day!

The bulk of the junkies and alcos round the inner city are up and doing thier thing when most people are heading to work.

Its getting worse and random attacks on strangers will start to become a problem as long as these lowlifes remain untouchable.

I'll try this one more time;

I wouldn't have been goading him. It wouldn't have gotten to that stage. If somebody came at me with an umbrella I would of course have taken steps to protect myself, but I have enough personal responsibilty to know where the line is, if I'm in the dominant position.
    If I had to knock him down I would simply have kept him on his stomach. I am the dominant one, remember. I would have thrown the umbrella away and called for somebody to call the guards. Meanwhile I would expect my mate to keep the fearful one away. Threaten him if neccesary.
    And smoother him! ~ and risk getting bit, or kicked in the head by the other lad, no way!.
    What other lad? He's at least 20 ft away from the incident with the umbrella. It was a two on one situation at the junction. The 'other' guy was not and never was a threat.

If you can't just say so, because tbh and I'm drawing on a lot of experience here I can't see any other course of action those two lads (the big lads) could have safely taken.

I note in later posts here that you are a bouncer, have you been trained? Is that sanctionable proceedure on a nightclub door? Kick a prone man on the ground in the head, regardless of what he had done? Are you trained in evasive techniques?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭Jev/N

It may have been an assault but was a) provoked and b) by no means serious - in both the legal and general sense of the word.

These two guys took on their original agressors and moved on within 30 seconds, despite being taunted and followed after they had left. I would critcise them if the had continued to dole out a beating over and above what was necessary but they didn't.

In terms of the kick, it may have been excessive to use but that's all well and good sitting in your armchair analysing the situation from afar.

If someone who was provoking you, having been in possession of an umbrella, was getting back up, would you wait and walk up to/past them with only your arms/hands to protect yourself and subdue them?

Do vermin like that actually try and get into clubs ?

Not really tbh.

Usually its random attacks on the street, or hassling our customers for smokes then trying to rob their drink, smokes or phones.

They fight each other A LOT a long the boardwalk, but thats on the northside and I wouldn't interfere either way.

Its the random attacks on innocent people which really bother me, and something I've never gotten use to.

One thing which frightens me, and creeps me out is when I'm threatened with spitting or they'll flash a syringe or knife at me ~ usually its a quick flash and the thing is back in their clothes, up a sleeve etc

Sorry for the long reply.

What other lad? He's at least 20 ft away from the incident with the umbrella. It was a two on one situation at the junction. The 'other' guy was not and never was a threat.

How do you know he didnt have a 10" breadknife up his sleeve?

He could have slashed your friend and buried the knife in your back while you were "restraining" his friend with your back to the action.

Ta for the reply ( not too long at all ). Christ , that boardwalk has been a disaster for Dublin - vermin seem to have the run of it tbh.

I [/B]wouldn't have been goading him. It wouldn't have gotten to that stage. If somebody came at me with an umbrella I would of course have taken steps to protect myself, but I have enough personal responsibilty to know where the line is, if I'm in the dominant position.

If I had to knock him down I would simply have kept him on his stomach. I am the dominant one, remember. I would have thrown the umbrella away and called for somebody to call the guards. Meanwhile I would expect my mate to keep the fearful one away. Threaten him if neccesary.

I note in later posts here that you are a bouncer, have you been trained? Is that sanctionable proceedure on a nightclub door? Kick a prone man on the ground in the head, regardless of what he had done? Are you trained in evasive techniques?

1. The lads were not goading anyone. If someone approaches me in an aggressive manner I'll react in the same manner, I'll raise my hands to protect myself.

2. How would you have held the guy on his stomach, have you ever tried this against a resisting person?.

4. He closes that 20ft in a split second and gets what he deserves for his efforts.

5. Yes I'm a bouncer, have I been trained to be a bouncer?. When I started over twenty years ago there was no formal training. Now the industry is covered by the Private Security Authority and you must under go formal training to be granted a licence.

Evasive techniques?.. If you mean is the option to run away ever a choice, then the answer is NO. I've often pulled bar/club doors closed and let aggressive people kick away at them.. And I'm a VERY good talker, in fact one poster early in this thread seen me in a fight only last weekend.. There were just two of us being attacked by four.. When we got things sorted I was able to talk the four out of further action, we shook hands and they walked down the street.. If at any one time someone was rising from the ground with a weapon to use against me I'd kick him straight into the snot and I'd make absolutely no apologises for it either.

This is the street, its not the UFC. No ref is going to step in and protect me or my customers.

And what happened in that clip, bth the two idiots were bearly bitch slapped IMO, or the lad in blue wouldn't have felt brave enough to follow the lads through the Gardiner St junction ~ or maybe he got a rush of bravado hiding behind that old ladies petticoats!.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

One thing which frightens me, and creeps me out is when I'm threatened with spitting or they'll flash a syringe or knife at me ~ usually its a quick flash and the thing is back in their clothes, up a sleeve etc

Ugh, people are fixated about HIV\AIDS, but you're far far more likely to catch Hepatitis if it is present. Depending on what type you get, that's a gift that keeps on giving.. [shudder]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭LH Pathe

Can't see how anyone can have sympathy for a veritable Adam & Paul. A sorry tale, yes but it was a tragicomedy?

• Advertisement

Amalgam wrote: »
    Ugh, people are fixated about HIV\AIDS, but you're far far more likely to catch Hepatitis if it is present. Depending on what type you get, that's a gift that keeps on giving.. [shudder]

I've been spat at a number of times.. Never been stuck with a syringe or a knife but some of my friends have been over the years.

However I've been bottled a number of times, head butted and sucker punched and been bitten once on the hand, that was pure fecking nasty :mad:

Oh, and I was attacked with a crutch by a one legged man!.

And you know whats hilarious... Invaribly after a ruckus a customer will come out and say "its lovely here, there's NEVER ANY TROUBLE" ~ I usually just smile and pop a fresh gum into my mouth to calm the ol' nerves :)

Amalgam wrote: »

far more like to catch a life theatening puncture to an internal organ, the perpetrator likely not even being aware of it's existence beneath the skin. Speaks volumes you don't even know what a knife does first and foremost. think it's cool to be a snide backstabber?

Not on my turf. as we have seen many a hard rain has fallen on this country yet this scum is unshifting and become so common it being percieved as a regular citizen. So the minorities are reintroducing the Beat On The Street

There was an article a while back about the Mater A&E on St Patrick's day.

By three o'clock it was full of blokes with stab and glass injuries,bags of cans and birds who roared racist abuse at the security as well as threating the receptionist that they would run amok if they werent seen promptly.

Degsy wrote: »
    There was an article a while back about the Mater A&E on St Patrick's day.

By three o'clock it was full of blokes with stab and glass injuries,bags of cans and birds who roared racist abuse at the security as well as threating the receptionist that they would run amok if they werent seen promptly.

I've felt safer in Beirut than I have working a door in Dublin on Paddy's day ffs!.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,298 ✭✭✭Duggys Housemate

Ta for the reply ( not too long at all ). Christ , that boardwalk has been a disaster for Dublin - vermin seem to have the run of it tbh.

That's the thing. There is nothing around that area which can be used by the law abiding. No other city is like this in Europe. Nor in Ireland.

We need a tougher police force, maybe hire some Poles.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

LH Pathe wrote: »
    far more like to catch a life theatening puncture to an internal organ, the perpetrator likely not even being aware of it's existence beneath the skin. Speaks volumes you don't even know what a knife does first and foremost. think it's cool to be a snide backstabber?

Not on my turf. as we have seen many a hard rain has fallen on this country yet this scum is unshifting and become so common it being percieved as a regular citizen. So the minorities are reintroducing the Beat On The Street

[puzzled shrug] :confused:

I am well aware of knives and the ****ehawks that carry them, having worked in some of Dublin's 'finest' warehouses, I've seen a few screwdrivers and apple corers waved about in delirious rapper style indignation.

1. The lads were not goading anyone. If someone approaches me in an aggressive manner I'll react in the same manner, I'll raise my hands to protect myself.
    I've been in enough fights, and seen enough to recognise somebody with his fists up defending himself and somebody with his fists up, walking backwards and goading somebody to 'come on'. And that is what I see here,
    2. How would you have held the guy on his stomach, have you ever tried this against a resisting person?.
    Very easy to restrain somebody smaller than you when you have them on the ground, keep a knee on their back and stop them from getting their hands under themselves. They can flail away for hours, but they aren't going anywhere.
    4. He closes that 20ft in a split second and gets what he deserves for his efforts.
    he comes into the picture, neither verbally threatening or physically threatening, as soon as the guy gets up he takes flight, but that isn't good enough for our 'hero', he beats him to the ground.
    5. Yes I'm a bouncer, have I been trained to be a bouncer?. When I started over twenty years ago there was no formal training. Now the industry is covered by the Private Security Authority and you must under go formal training to be granted a licence.

Evasive techniques?.. If you mean is the option to run away ever a choice, then the answer is NO. I've often pulled bar/club doors closed and let aggressive people kick away at them.. And I'm a VERY good talker, in fact one poster early in this thread seen me in a fight only last weekend.. There were just two of us being attacked by four.. When we got things sorted I was able to talk the four out of further action, we shook hands and they walked down the street.. If at any one time someone was rising from the ground with a weapon to use against me I'd kick him straight into the snot and I'd make absolutely no apologises for it either.

This is the street, its not the UFC. No ref is going to step in and protect me or my customers.

And what happened in that clip, bth the two idiots were bearly bitch slapped IMO, or the lad in blue wouldn't have felt brave enough to follow the lads through the Gardiner St junction ~ or maybe he got a rush of bravado hiding behind that old ladies petticoats!.

The streets will just get more dangerous if we sanction this kind of reaction. Junkies have been around since I went to the city first, they ahve always been a scourge, the new danger is not coming from junkies, it's coming from people with no sense of personal responsibility. And the people who glorify this behaviour by posting on youtube and on forums like here for the edification of bottom-feeders are part of the 'new' problem.
    Cities are dangerous places around the world and I have been in many, many of them, have seen all the things you describe and more, yet I have never had to take action like that. And despite what you say, neither have 99% of decent responsible people.

We need a tougher police force, maybe hire some Poles.

Hire some Serbs,Hungarians and Russians too!

Eastern Europeans know this type only too well n granted they're not it; tend to be stacked and prepared. We tend to bottle it n even blend in. instead of beating em joining em in only adding to the mass monoculture of skanky degradation so there's gonna have to be a forced cultural reform else bust

Warms my heart to see some foreigners battering our own n that's not right; but it feels so right in knowing what culture theyre from ahead of any nationality and I'm not having that bacteria become the new Irish stereotype.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭Gmol

I've been in enough fights, and seen enough to recognise somebody with his fists up defending himself and somebody with his fists up, walking backwards and goading somebody to 'come on'. And that is what I see here,
    Very easy to restrain somebody smaller than you when you have them on the ground, keep a knee on their back and stop them from getting their hands under themselves. They can flail away for hours, but they aren't going anywhere.
    he comes into the picture, neither verbally threatening or physically threatening, as soon as the guy gets up he takes flight, but that isn't good enough for our 'hero', he beats him to the ground.

The streets will just get more dangerous if we sanction this kind of reaction. Junkies have been around since I went to the city first, they ahve always been a scourge, the new danger is not coming from junkies, it's coming from people with no sense of personal responsibility. And the people who glorify this behaviour by posting on youtube and on forums like here for the edification of bottom-feeders are part of the 'new' problem.
    Cities are dangerous places around the world and I have been in many, many of them, have seen all the things you describe and more, yet I have never had to take action like that. And despite what you say, neither have 99% of decent responsible people.

I really don't get you, the 2 guys look like they were provoked and acted accordingly and then tried to leave the scene. The kick the guy did was correct as if the guy had got up there would have been a 2 on 2 situation and things could have got a lot worse.

Advertisement