Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Skangers getting a bashing on Talbot St, Dublin !!!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

Its obvious something had been going on before the recording started.
    Look at the video again just after the head kick, as the two are leaving the scene one of them appears to pick up a jacket or something similar off the ground.
    The question is how did it end up on the ground in the first place and how long was this going on before the recording started.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

Happyman42 wrote: »
    And despite what you say, neither have 99% of decent responsible people.

You have to be a velvet coated Troll, a persistant one at that. Well played.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,695 ✭✭✭John_Rambo

The streets will just get more dangerous if we sanction this kind of reaction

You're right. They will, for the guy who got kicked.

Come on Happyman, you know them, you see them every day, they are small fry bullies in their own schoolyard and they bullied the wrong people. I'd be rightly accused of looking on the city with rose tinted glasses, I don't work doors or drive a taxi, I don't keep very late hours in and around the city, so unlike others on this thread I'm not exposed to the front line of the "poisoned" as some like to say. Makikomi has real exposure to the underbelly. I don't and you certainly don't. These fellas on the video are probably surprised that this happened to them, but looking from the outside, are you really that shocked that they got their comeupins? What happened was certainly overboard and violent, but, it's going to happen if they continue their carry on.

Big fish, small pond, all of a sudden there's a bigger fish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,066 ✭✭✭✭Happyman42

John_Rambo wrote: »
    You're right. They will, for the guy who got kicked.

Come on Happyman, you know them, you see them every day, they are small fry bullies in their own schoolyard and they bullied the wrong people. I'd be rightly accused of looking on the city with rose tinted glasses, I don't work doors or drive a taxi, I don't keep very late hours in and around the city, so unlike others on this thread I'm not exposed to the front line of the "poisoned" as some like to say. Makikomi has real exposure to the underbelly. I don't and you certainly don't. These fellas on the video are probably surprised that this happened to them, but looking from the outside, are you really that shocked that they got their comeupins? What happened was certainly overboard and violent, but, it's going to happen if they continue their carry on.

Big fish, small pond, all of a sudden there's a bigger fish.

And with that comment I'll take my leave, I understand the irony when I am getting a lecture from somebody called John Rambo. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Very easy to restrain somebody smaller than you when you have them on the ground, keep a knee on their back and stop them from getting their hands under themselves. They can flail away for hours, but they aren't going anywhere.

You are living in dreamland my happy friend, and you are being deliberately argumentative ~ I'd suggest you give this over, my patience is wearing thin.

I'm off to bed, I've a long weekend ahead of me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,598 ✭✭✭✭prinz

I've been in enough fights......

...and there was me thinking you were a expert at calming the situation down non-violently and restraining people with ease.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

I don't see why the guys in the shorts are any less scanger than the guys in the tracksuits. All look like yobs to me.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 297 ✭✭SaoriseBiker

Anybody who kicks somebody to the head like that, deserves a long time in jail.
    Yeah, the scummer on the receiving end :)

Yeah, the scummer on the receiving end :)

:D:D Your 'edit' made my day! Thanks thrillseeker! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭BFDCH.

zenno wrote: »
    It says here that the guy with the umbrella was trying to defend himself ?

Footage of the Talbot Street attack, posted on YouTube, shows the incident unfold as members of the public pass by.
    It shows a man with a red top and carrying an umbrella trying to fend off two other larger men. It doesn't look that way though. Touche Turtle & Dumm Dumm. http://www.herald.ie/news/morons-brawl-in-city-centre-as-tourists-look-on-3166017.html

cormac murphy appears to be an idiot from what he has written there, we're hoping to get the two big heroes out to police the banstand area of the summerfest this weekend in Bray

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭hardCopy

Lux23 wrote: »
    I don't see why the guys in the shorts are any less scanger than the guys in the tracksuits. All look like yobs to me.

headachebw.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭SorGan

:rolleyes:

Too late, our 'skangers' have been hung and our 2 hero's are running the justice dept.! :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

Too late, our 'skangers' have been hung and our 2 hero's are running the justice dept.! :D

A great moral victory!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,689 ✭✭✭Tombi!

Glad to see you're part of the mob now! Happyman indeed you must be!

Glad to see you're part of the mob now! Happyman indeed you must be!

Unlike the champions of our two 'heroes' I would never take the easy way out, and join the mob.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,689 ✭✭✭Tombi!

Unlike the champions of our two 'heroes' I would never take the easy way out, and join the mob.

Pity. Personally I'm overjoyed that in this day and age I can still join a mob and kick someone that's trying to grab his weapon to attack me again.

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭alphabeat

personally , i think that kick in the chops was a thing of beauty.

and i'd like to buy that chap a drink to say thanks for making my day.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭Pet

alphabeat wrote: »
    personally , i think that kick in the chops was a thing of beauty.

and i'd like to buy that chap a drink to say thanks for making my day.

Someone should start a fund for these guys.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

If only more of these scumbags got the head kicked off them as they hassle normal people going about their business, the city would be a better place.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭Brokentime

If you like mob justice, check this video out:

http://www.chinasmack.com/2012/videos/flying-kick-helps-brave-guards-subdue-crazy-campus-attacker.html

Crazy guy at a college stabs a security guard and as he's walking away he receives the mother of a flying kick to the back. Then gets wailed on by a bunch of people.

When I saw the clip of the 2 skangers getting a beating, it put a smile on my face. Clearly they thought that their inner city skang accents would put the lads off, but they thought wrong.

Love it

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Wozzaah

Brokentime wrote: »

inner city skang accents

Love it

you mean, Dublin skang accent

Wozzaah wrote: »
    you mean, Dublin skang accent

That's the one; that nasel'y whiney accent that's drawled out, not spoken.

"Waaaaa bud, whah ye bleedin lookin ah, bleedin faggeh"

Along with the sound of people hawking phlegm out of their throats, that accent has got to be the most annoying thing I've ever heard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

That's the one; that nasel'y whiney accent that's drawled out, not spoken.

"Waaaaa bud, whah ye bleedin lookin ah, bleedin faggeh"

Along with the sound of people hawking phlegm out of their throats, that accent has got to be the most annoying thing I've ever heard.

If there's anything positive to be said about it though it is like an early warning sign to stay away from that person/group of people.

chin_grin wrote: »
    If there's anything positive to be said about it though it is like an early warning sign to stay away from that person/group of people.

Ever listen to what they talk about?

I tried; couldn't understand a word. Stood outside Tesco on Talbot Street one day, earwigging on a group of skangs. Couldn't make out anything apart from the overuse of some guys name and how much of a kunt he was :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

I tried; couldn't understand a word. Stood outside Tesco on Talbot Street one day, earwigging on a group of skangs. Couldn't make out anything apart from the overuse of some guys name and how much of a kunt he was :confused:

Yeah, sometimes. There was one down the back of the bus on his phone as I was bringing the bro in to ArcadeCon.

The conversation went something like "Ah heeeor stop shouuuuuuu-in. Stop shouuuuuuuuuuuuuuutin', I didn' do anytin, I swayore!"

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

Usually drugs.

You also get court appearances

Time in prison

Chats with solicitiors

Pending charges

The possibility of a "bender"(suspended sentence)

Mutual aquaintances from prison(they give full names and crimes plus known associates and area of residence plus spouses and relatives)

Compensation claims(lots of them)

Details of other people's crimes,charges,prison time,compensation claims,drug habits,location,appearance and relatives.

They wil talk about all those subjects in great detail usually with a spot of personal heroism in relation to any of the above thrown in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

If you like mob justice, check this video out:

http://www.chinasmack.com/2012/videos/flying-kick-helps-brave-guards-subdue-crazy-campus-attacker.html

Crazy guy at a college stabs a security guard and as he's walking away he receives the mother of a flying kick to the back. Then gets wailed on by a bunch of people.

When I saw the clip of the 2 skangers getting a beating, it put a smile on my face. Clearly they thought that their inner city skang accents would put the lads off, but they thought wrong.

Love it

Anybody watching that whole video with comical karate movie wooo-tish punching and kicking noises in their mind?

Love the description of the video:

"Just as the situation was at its most dire, Flying Kick Brother appeared like a god, capturing the rhythm of the moment”

• Registered Users Posts: 2,119 ✭✭✭Ben D Bus

Degsy wrote: »
    Usually drugs.

You also get court appearances

Time in prison

Chats with solicitiors

Pending charges

The possibility of a "bender"(suspended sentence)

Mutual aquaintances from prison(they give full names and crimes plus known associates and area of residence plus spouses and relatives)

Compensation claims(lots of them)

Details of other people's crimes,charges,prison time,compensation claims,drug habits,location,appearance and relatives.

They wil talk about all those subjects in great detail usually with a spot of personal heroism in relation to any of the above thrown in.

You forgot outstanding warrants, individual Gardai, and the relative merits of the different prisons. At least that's what they talk about on the number 40 :)

• Advertisement

We're going to condone beating people up because of their accents now? Very good...carry on. :rolleyes:

Advertisement