Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phoenix Park Concerts July 2012 - Feedback

Options
  • 11-07-2012 1:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭

I've created a couple of online maps whereby I'm trying to crowdsource information on peoples experience of the 3 concerts in the Phoenix Park, specifically in relation to the general atmosphere and how people exited the park after the concert.

Simply click on the appropriate concert on the left, your experience and click on the map where you had this experience. If you moved around and encountered a number of contrasting experiences, add multiple points.

If your exit route was good/ok/bad at different parts of the journey, add separate lines for each part.

I appreciate this is completely subjective and have deliberately not asked for any details other than good/ok/bad.

I'm hopeful that if there is enough feedback patterns will emerge.

Atmosphere

http://bit.ly/PLSrtb

Exit

http://bit.ly/NjkhdH

I have no connection with MCD or anyone else associated with the concerts.

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,390 ✭✭✭IM0

if you had 3 different maps and therefore sets of more accurate data ok, but as it stands it will be a mish mash of great experiences and bad vibes as its the same map for the 3 days!. its got marketing written all over it try to get an 'average' so someone can use it for an agenda

thursday and sunday were great and saturday was a shambles, you cant get away from that FACT no matter how much you try to shoehorn an agenda along it to create a nice average.

incidentally I was there with my 2.5 kids and we had a great time :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭GetWithIt

IM0 wrote: »
    if you had 3 different maps and therefore sets of more accurate data ok, but as it stands it will be a mish mash of great experiences and bad vibes as its the same map for the 3 days!. its got marketing written all over it try to get an 'average' so someone can use it for an agenda

thursday and sunday were great and saturday was a shambles, you cant get away from that FACT no matter how much you try to shoehorn an agenda along it to create a nice average.

incidentally I was there with my 2.5 kids and we had a great time :pac:
    If you look at the top right hand corner there is a dialog called Layers. Click it and you can filter the view to only show individual concerts.

I did consider separate applications for each concert but it became somewhat time consuming and I don't think anyone would have clicked when presented with 6 links. I felt this was the cleanest way of capturing data.

Having captured the data I can display it more starkly like so: http://bit.ly/LOZV9W

To a certain extent I am looking to average the data. I don't care why people had good or bad experiences, I just care about where. My feeling is that certain patterns may emerge if enough responses are collected. As it is it's just a random set of points on a map. After a certain point they should coalesce and indicate flaws in organization, planning, security, site layout.

With that you can enact better planning. As it is you're just going to make the same mistakes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

Looks like gibberish and a total waste of time to me tbh. What you are attempting to demonstrate here is anyone's guess, but if one was so inclined there are pages and pages of reading in the dedicated threads for each concert if anyone wanted "feedback" on the Phoeno concerts.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

This is locked for now. Getting the powers that be to have a look at it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement