Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MGS4 trophy support

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

I can only imagine

Watch cutscene 1- unlock trophy
    Boss fight- unlock trophy
    Watch cutscene 2-unlock trophy
    boss fight - unlock trophy
    Hidden trophy - read dirty magazine
    Watch cutscene 3- unlock trophy
    Final boss fight - unlock gold trophy
    Watch cutscene- unlock trophy
    Watch credits- unlock trophy
    Watch final ending - unlock trophy

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

I can only imagine

Watch cutscene 1- unlock trophy
    Boss fight- unlock trophy
    Watch cutscene 2-unlock trophy
    boss fight - unlock trophy
    Hidden trophy - read dirty magazine
    Watch cutscene 3- unlock trophy
    Final boss fight - unlock gold trophy
    Watch cutscene- unlock trophy
    Watch credits- unlock trophy
    Watch final ending - unlock trophy

:pac:
    I hope to ye gods Kojima does this.
    I hate Achievement/Trophy hounds with a passion, hopefully they'll STFU now.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,860 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Why do people care so much about trophies? All these reissues seem to include them like they actually add to the game.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Why do people care so much about trophies? All these reissues seem to include them like they actually add to the game.

did you not know? Platinum achievement adds 1 inch and 5k Xbox achievements add 1.2 inch. Pfffffffff some peasants dont know anything.... :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

I don't get the hate for achievements/trophies. The argument always seems to be "why bother you don't get anything for them".

I feckin' love getting a little message that pops up for a trophy. "You killed 100 enemies without taking damage, HAVE A TROPHY" :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,860 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

I don't get the hate for achievements/trophies. The argument always seems to be "why bother you don't get anything for them".

I feckin' love getting a little message that pops up for a trophy. "You killed 100 enemies without taking damage, HAVE A TROPHY" :D

Fair enough but people mention it like it's a reason to buy the reissue. If I'm going to buy the reissue I'll buy it whether or not I get a wee message for buying a weapon, beating a boss...

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,540 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Fair enough but people mention it like it's a reason to buy the reissue. If I'm going to buy the reissue I'll buy it whether or not I get a wee message for buying a weapon, beating a boss...

If you already had the game it getting them patched in and it probably is require to have trophies to be allowed to be released by Sony unlike when the game came out first.

Some people might not care about trophies but if this re-release came out and there was no patch for those who bought the game before i'd think there would be a lot of anger.

Didn't they shut the MP for the game a while ago, will the re-release have it at all then.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

Calling retr0gamer to the thread... retr0gamer please ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

Yeah, people around here get fairly annoyed about this particular trend in gaming. I don't see why, you can just ignore them.

People should be angry about things that actually affect their gaming experience, like regenerating health.

Don't get me wrong, it's not something that'll put me off. It just seems a bit of a trivial thing to stick on a game. Take FFVII coming out on PC for instance. They mention trophies as if it's a reason to go and get it on PC even if you already have it from PSN.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

The hate is for gamers who ignore games that either have no trophies/achievements, or are perceived as being "too difficult to get full platinum in".

You don't want to get a game because you THINK you're not good enough to get all the arbitrary shít?
    You're no gamer, you're a WHORE.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,400 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Don't get me wrong, it's not something that'll put me off. It just seems a bit of a trivial thing to stick on a game. Take FFVII coming out on PC for instance. They mention trophies as if it's a reason to go and get it on PC even if you already have it from PSN.
    K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    The hate is for gamers who ignore games that either have no trophies/achievements, or are perceived as being "too difficult to get full platinum in".

You don't want to get a game because you THINK you're not good enough to get all the arbitrary shít?
    You're no gamer, you're a WHORE.

This to be honest.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,307 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Confirmed by Konami,
    Long-awaited #MGS 4 Trophy patch is in development along with new game version supporting Trophies. More news to come!

https://twitter.com/Konami

since we are talking bout mgs4 i would like to address my anger at konami over the way they handled metal gear online,
    they absolutely tore the community apart and made people really annoyed with the lack of support to remove the hackers and those who exploited the kill camping in games.

Metal Gear online was something special and could of being something great but konami dealing with the whole situation was extremely poor. working with sony with the online would of being more beneficial for everybody.

Their combat to addressing the hackers was to disconnect the servers and now abandon the online completely.

i had alot of respect for konami back in the day but their close mind business and dealing with their fanbase is in shatters.

the way they treat kojima and wont let him work at anything but metal gear is a right shame.

go to hell with this announcement konami

• Registered Users Posts: 26,400 ✭✭✭✭noodler

since we are talking bout mgs4 i would like to address my angry at konami over the way they handled the metal gear online
    they absolutely tore the community apart and made people really annoyed with the lack of support to remove the hackers and those who exploited the kill camping in games.

Metal Gear online was something special and could of being great but konami dealing with the 4 passwords you needed to play it and not co working with sony psn and not making it more accessible turned alot of people away from it.

and their combat to addressing the hackers was to disconnect the servers and now abandon the online completely.

i had alot of respect for konami back in the day but their close mind business and dealing with their fanbase is in shatters.

the way they treat kojima and wont let him work at anything but metal gear is a right shame.

go to hell with this announcement konami

With respect, that post reads like it was written by somebody who studied English as a second language!

MGO was excellent - love the premise. I don't think they shut down because of hackers though.

noodler wrote: »
    With respect, that post reads like it was written by somebody who studied English as a second language!

MGO was excellent - love the premise. I don't think they shut down because of hackers though.

Edited , Ranting gets the better of me :p

was shutdown because people left due to the people who ruined the experience by exploiting.
    was handled poorly as i said, all those people who bought the expansion pack including myself...what a waste :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭MOC88

I imagine the trophies will be pretty much the same as the in game ones ie. I remember one for playing the whole game without being detected once on the hardest difficulty - just as easy as watching the cutscenes ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭Seph503

The patch includes a full install option!!!!:D

Advertisement