Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

bourjois healthy mix, serum v original?

• 11-07-2012 1:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 425 ✭✭

any one know which they prefere??
    I get dry patches but also oily tzone.I have the original but find it a bit chalky sometimes. any ideas anyone?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭kandr10

I also find the original a little chalky. It can cling to my dry patches too. I'd also be interested to hear any reviews of the serum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Orlee

I've been using the serum (that's the one in the red cap isn't it?) on recommendation from Pixiwoo.

I have dry skin and I find the coverage light but buildable and doesn't cling to dry patches. It deffinately needs powdering as it doesn't seem to last too long - maybe 4 hours of good holding up but after that it starts to disappear.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭kandr10

Wow, on dry skin that's not great lasting power. I'd dread to think what it'd be like on my oily bits so! The original lasts just about all day on me, although I do use a primer under it. The primer helps with the chalky ness of it but I'm not willing to repurchase both the primer and foundation as a pair cos it takes to good out of the foundation being cheap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 425 ✭✭gingernut125

awww, I was hoping someone has tried both, thanks for your input, still not sure now though!!

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭silverspoon

I have tried both and I like both for different reasons. The coverage of the original is better, as is the staying power. It runs a bit yellow though and can 'sit' on the face. Keeping in mind that I have quite dry skin, I find the original comfortable to wear and I like the finish, being silky, but neither quite matte nor shiny.

The serum is a lighter coverage but it blends beautifully. The shades run a bit truer to the skin with less yellow. It looks beautiful on drier skin but the staying power isn't as good as the original. It doesn't patch since the blending is much more seamless. It looks much more like 'skin' than the original. I haven't tried to build it up much but is a great base to apply a thicker concealer in that it has the give to blend higher coverage foundation/concealer in without caking.

I prefer the serum to the original, but my skin type suits it since it is dry and I don't suffer from spots. I use higher coverage concealer on the areas I need more coverage in, dust some translucent powder over the top and it will last most of the work day on me, though by the afternoon the coverage will have decreased. The thing in its favour is that though it does wear off a bit, it wears off well. It looks natural and fresh, and glowy without being shiny (again on drier skin). Like I said there is no patching or caking and it blends beautifully. it is extremely comfortable to wear. Tone correcting is not great, so if you are prone to redness, the serum will not cover it completely. I'm not sure what the slippage would be like with oilier skin types but my impression is that the original is a fuller coverage for oilier skin, whereas the serum is a lighter coverage.

Hope this gives you an idea, it's only my impression so it might not reflect what you would think of it. I give it a thumbs up anyway!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭LilMissCiara

I have the original in a darker shade than my natural colour to use when I use fake tan. I find that although the coverage is great at first, it quickly ends up looking patchy after a few hours. I have the serum for everyday use (in my natural colour) and I find it great. Great coverage and stays on well from morning until late evening!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 425 ✭✭gingernut125

thanks all, it sounds like the serum would suit me better as a day foundation, heading to the UK next week so will buy it there, ill let you know how I get on

Advertisement