Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The return of the Freund!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭Dave11

Brilliant....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

I like...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Pacing Mule

There's a guy with a no nonsense approach. :) I have to say this is shaping up well.

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭bradolf pittler

All together now......."I looove steffen freuuuund,steffen freund luvs me".

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Loved him as a player. Particularly Love David Ginolas story about him( http://www.skysports.com/socceram/story/0,21644,13873_6085821,00.html) that was always on soccer Am.

Bring a bit of steel in away...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭yiddo59

ziedth wrote: »
    Loved him as a player. Particularly Love David Ginolas story about him( http://www.skysports.com/socceram/story/0,21644,13873_6085821,00.html) that was always on soccer Am.

Bring a bit of steel in away...

Steel? aluminium more like :D Hope he's a better asst manager than he was a player!

yiddo59 wrote: »
    Steel? aluminium more like :D Hope he's a better asst manager than he was a player!

Used to get dizzy when he left the centre circle :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭yiddo59

Hatch99 wrote: »
    Used to get dizzy when he left the centre circle :D

:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,713 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

He never did score. I remember his last game and the crowd shouting 'shoot' everytime he touched the ball.
    Come to think of it they did that for most of his last season.

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭oregano

SuprSi wrote: »
    http://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/spurs/News/club-announcement-110712.page?

Slight odd appointment no? I can't see how AVB would know anything about him so I'd wonder whether this was a Levy appointment?

Very strange appointment indeed. Is avb going down the Harry route of tons of assistants? Wasn't mourinho given a new head coach at Chelsea ? I'm not comparing apples and apples, but I agree with op, why would avb choose to work with Freund when he could pick his own gang?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭mushykeogh

oregano wrote: »
    Very strange appointment indeed. Is avb going down the Harry route of tons of assistants? Wasn't mourinho given a new head coach at Chelsea ? I'm not comparing apples and apples, but I agree with op, why would avb choose to work with Freund when he could pick his own gang?

Not an addition that fills me with confidence i have to say. Extremely limited experience so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

He's a very experienced coach these days from what I hear,good luck to him.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,713 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Its a weird one alright. AVB does like to play a pressing game with hard working midfielders so maybe thats the thinking.
    He wont be coaching set-pieces or shooting thats for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭mushykeogh

tippspur wrote: »
    He's a very experienced coach these days from what I hear,good luck to him.

Not much on his CV. Underage national roles wouldnt be renowned for hands on experience.

Ax8JQZFCQAE65Ir.jpg

Advertisement