Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Pets to Rest Crematorium in Kerry?

• 11-07-2012 1:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭

Sadly we have our beautiful boy Bruno PTS tomorrow (bone cancer).

We'd like to go with a lone cremation for him and to keep the ashes afterwards.

Our vet uses this company, Pets to Rest that are based in Castle Island in Kerry. Just wondering if anyone has had any experience, recommendations, warnings etc., about them?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭carleigh

So sorry to hear about Bruno :( I rang the company in question in January as my own dog was about to be PTS, and my vet also deals with him. I found the man I was talking to very nice and helpful, he explained that it generally takes about 2 weeks to get your pets ashes back, and went through pricing etc. Thankfully my dog made a massive turnaround in 24 hours, and lived for another 2 months, only having to be PTS in March due to his illness. In the end, we decided to bury him in his beloved back garden as we didnt want to be parted fom him, he even has a little headstone.

Sending best wishes to you and Bruno.

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭LisaLee

Thanks Carleigh. Our boy is gone now, no more pain which is the most important thing. Our vet spoke about the crematorium and had nothing but praise for them. Thanks for taking the time to reply. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,453 ✭✭✭Shenshen

Really sorry to hear about your pet.

Two of our cats died withing the last 4 years, and in both cases we used the crematorium in Castleisland.
    When the first one died, we were renting, so burying her in the garden was not an option, that's why when we first found the crematorium.
    They were very nice, we could bring the remain of both cats there ourselves, and collect the urns, too. They have urns that are carved to look like cats, so our two now reside on the mantlepiece in the living room.

I've got nothing but praise for the company.

Thanks for replying Shenshen, it's very reassuring to hear positive feedback about them. It'll be a few weeks before we get his ashes back. We don't know what to do with ourselves tbh, the house feels so empty and quiet without him.

AFAIK, our vet is dealing with it. I haven't been in touch re. urns, boxes etc. Not sure if we're supposed to call him?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,524 ✭✭✭Zapperzy

Sorry to hear about Bruno. :(

• Advertisement

Thanks Zapperzy, it's a pretty horrible time tbh. Not sure what we're supposed to do with ourselves. It just seems so natural to call him into the room and chat with him, but he's not there. The most important thing is he's not suffering, that's what we comfort ourselves with.

Just wanted to give a quick update. We received Bruno's ashes back in a beautiful wooden box with his name engraved on a little gold foil label. It took a few weeks but he's chilling out in our living room. The box has been sealed shut, so if we wanted to release his ashes we'd probably have to break open the box. Apart from that we're happy with the crematorium, thought an update was in order.

Still miss Bruno to bits, but glad that we have something to remember him by. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4 juliannebk

In case any one is still looking at this post or wanting to know if the crematorium is still there I thought I would add to it.
    Last month they looked after my poor Turbo cat, he was nearly 23 years old when I had to make the hardest decision, but for his own good, putting my selfishness of wanting to keep him forever to the side, he was put to sleep. My lovely vet organised for him to be collected from the surgery and returned there. He has been cremated and returned in lovely little mahogany coffin with his name on it. Still missing him and yesterday my ginger Tom, just 10, was knocked over by a car, he is being collected later today. This is a hard year for me.

Advertisement