Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Water going down my plug hole real slow in my sink

• 11-07-2012 2:00pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭

Just wondering can anyone help me out here, the water is taking an age to drain from my en suite sink, have used mr muscle sink and drain unblocker and it hasn't worked.

I can't imagine that the out pipe is blocked, it doesn't have far to go to the outside of the house.

Would plunging it work ya think?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,615 ✭✭✭kildare.17hmr

Face mask, costic soda, kettel with boiling water!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

How much caustic soda?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭clintondaly

Hi

Yip try plunging and if no joy remove the U-bend and have a look.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 741 ✭✭✭therewillbe

That Cillat Bang stuff is great if you cant get hold of the CS.That stuff is lethal if it gets near the skin or eyes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,615 ✭✭✭kildare.17hmr

vicwatson wrote: »
    How much caustic soda?
    I usually get my 3 drains, bathroom sink, shower and kitchen sink out of a 500gr tub. Be very careful with costic soda and pour the water at arms lenght! It says to always add soda to cold water but my way is better and much quicker!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,381 ✭✭✭DublinDilbert

Probably something caught in the u-bend, take it out and have a look....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Cheers for all the help lads and lassies.

Took off the u-bend and it was magady for some reason, gray crappy gundge.

I got some caustic soda and poured it down the sink and did the hot water at arms length job, it's sizzled like a witches cauldron and then all the water flow fast down the plughole. Hope that's done the trick.

Cheers fellow boardsies !

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

This for 5 euro in Lidl did it for me.:D

Then a bucket of warm water thrown down the sink to wash everything away.;)

Job Done.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭Gary Busey

paddy147 wrote: »
    This for 5 euro in Lidl did it for me.:D

Then a bucket of warm water thrown down the sink to wash everything away.;)

Job Done.:)

If you have a slimline pedastal trap then that auger wont nearly negotiate the narrow bends.

As you have it sorted already theres no need for me to submit a suggestion, but its always easier to remove trap and clean in hot water. Done in 5 minutes and is free too;)

Gary Busey wrote: »
    If you have a slimline pedastal trap then that auger wont nearly negotiate the narrow bends.

As you have it sorted already theres no need for me to submit a suggestion, but its always easier to remove trap and clean in hot water. Done in 5 minutes and is free too;)

Its also great for cleaning/unblocking drains too.:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭Gary Busey

paddy147 wrote: »
    Its also great for cleaning/unblocking drains too.:)
    I had that in my original post but deleted it as the way I worded it sounded arrogant:rolleyes: hense the edit. But yes they are good for soil pipes and that would be their primary purpose, not sure if I would trust that auger indoors though. If you fed the 5 meters into the thin wavin you may retract it clawless and be sorry you ever tried:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 665 ✭✭✭johnwest288

I got acid from a local hardware store it was 98% Hydrogen Peroxide as far as i remember. MY GOD the noise when i put it down was horrendous and then what looked like smoke came billowing out of the drain lol. Frightened the life out of me! thought the drains were meltin lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭johndoe99

aldi have this on sale since Sunday gone (plughole unblocker):

http://www.aldi.ie/ie/html/offers/special_buys3_22678.htm

used it myself to unblock sink, worked first time, make sure to wear goggles though its pretty strong stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Tomk1

vicwatson wrote: »
    Just wondering can anyone help me out here, the water is taking an age to drain from my en suite sink, have used mr muscle sink and drain unblocker and it hasn't worked.

I can't imagine that the out pipe is blocked, it doesn't have far to go to the outside of the house.

Would plunging it work ya think?

Thanks

Saw this on youtube, can't link as on mobile.

EASY UNCLOG OF HAIR VANITY & TUB DRAIN DIY vIDEO by HomeRemodelWorkshop

zipit ?

Tomk1 wrote: »
    Saw this on youtube, can't link as on mobile.

EASY UNCLOG OF HAIR VANITY & TUB DRAIN DIY vIDEO by HomeRemodelWorkshop

zipit ?

Voila...

Advertisement