Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Farting!

• 11-07-2012 2:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭

I was standing in a shop earlier and some guy let the loudest fart, and didn't show any remorse for it. He wasn't one tiny bit embarrassed!! He could've held it in and done it out of ear (and nose!) shot of others.

I never fart in front of anyone, although my boyfriend says I let rip something fierce when I'm asleep :o

I just think farting is an unnecessary thing to share with others.
    Do you fart in front of others? Whether it's strangers on the bus, or your partner?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Women don't fart, they cough in their knickers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

This man you speak of, he deserves a high five.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Why the social stigma with farting in the first place? Sneezing is acceptable and yet that could cause you to emit a green gooey substance in front of others!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭ElleEm

kfallon wrote: »
    Why the social stigma with farting in the first place? Sneezing is acceptable and yet that could cause you to emit a green gooey substance in front of others!

It comes from a bum! That place is dirty!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

ElleEm wrote: »
    I was standing in a shop earlier and some guy let the loudest fart

Its been reported in the Dublin City Forum.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,186 ✭✭✭BUBBLE WRAP

A big nice fart, clenses the soul..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Just queef him with a road warrior

It comes from a bum! That place is dirty!

My hoop is impeccably clean tyvm....and isn't your nose dirty too??? I mean would you shake hands with someone who just picked their nose?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭DesertCreat_15

I dont fart in front of people, unless its a schnakey one were you cant be singled out for the blame :pac:

Tell me this, do you fart in front of your boyfriend? My other half is chronic for farting in her sleep too yet shes mortified to do it in front of me, i think shes mental, i dont have a problem with it!

I don't disagree, but would you do it in a shop full of strangers?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭gobnaitolunacy

Better an empty house than a bad lodger.

A big nice fart, clenses the soul hole..

FYP ;)

I dont fart in front of people, unless its a schnakey one were you cant be singled out for the blame :pac:

Tell me this, do you fart in front of your boyfriend? My other half is chronic for farting in her sleep too yet shes mortified to do it in front of me, i think shes mental, i dont have a problem with it!

Never never never!

Although when I'm asleep I have no control so allegedly do.

He wouldn't purposely fart in front of me either though. They often slip out but he would more often leave the room, which can be hilarious, as he'll walk out to the hall, do a thunderous fart, and walk back in as if nothing has happened!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Thatnastyboy

Its been reported in the Dublin City Forum.

You bastard, I burst out laughing and got caught on boards by my boss.

I don't disagree, but would you do it in a shop full of strangers?

Well, Its not too bad, sure everone love their own brand. ;)

Edit: Maybe he was holding it in since last week, You just dont know. :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

It's a natural bodily function I see no problem with it. Holding in farts can be painful at times, better out than in I say.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,671 ✭✭✭BraziliaNZ

MODS: I thought we were done with these types of threads? Can we close please?

BraziliaNZ wrote: »

Would you rather another Religion thread instead....or one on unemployed people???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,134 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

I was standing in a shop earlier and some guy let the loudest fart, and didn't show any remorse for it. He wasn't one tiny bit embarrassed!! He could've held it in and done it out of ear (and nose!) shot of others.

I never fart in front of anyone, although my boyfriend says I let rip something fierce when I'm asleep :o

Do you fart in front of others? Whether it's strangers on the bus, or your partner?

Do you fart behind people and blame them for the stench?

Would you rather another Religion thread instead....or one on unemployed people???

Yes! Jesus do we really need to talk about this? I just had lunch for God's sake.

• Advertisement

You dont have to hold that fart in untill the tread gets closed. Let it out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,806 ✭✭✭✭KeithM89_old

Yes! Jesus do we really need to talk about this? I just had lunch for God's sake.

Dont like it, dont read it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

It's breakfast time back home.

KeithM89 wrote: »
    Dont like it, dont read it.

The subject of the thread is in AH I can't avoid seeing that word, I thought we were done with this type of rubbish in AH and I'd like it stay that way

No need to kick up a stink.

Jaysus you must be extremely squeamish!
    Once the lunch kicks in you'll prob be there farting away like an orchestra tuning up for the big performance :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,806 ✭✭✭✭KeithM89_old

I thought we were done with this type of rubbish in AH and I'd like it stay that way

Ah well.

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭emul8ter25

I am not allowed to fart anywhere in my house or the wife gives out to me. Even in the bathroom, if she can hear it, Im in trouble...

Which backfires on her. I figure if im getting in trouble, I might as well let rip in front of her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 978 ✭✭✭Roger Sterling

Better a vacancy than a bad tenant I say. Let rip.

• Advertisement

I prefer crop dusting, harder to trace.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Jester252

Don't know how some people can get offended by them.

Jester252 wrote: »
    Don't know how some people can get offended by them.

I don't get offended by them, I just think it's disgusting to let off a horrible smell around other people.

Mine come in Pot Pourri, Lemon and Alpine Fresh.

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭Lisandro

My hoop is impeccably clean tyvm....and isn't your nose dirty too??? I mean would you shake hands with someone who just picked their nose?

I would much rather shake hands with someone who has just picked their nose than someone who has had their finger up their anus.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

Only the immediate family, otherwise no way. Was on a packed Luas monday morning after a night on the tear. I was desperate to let rip a big dirty Guinness fart but knew from earlier on that morning that the result would not be pleasant. So I took one for the team and held in it til my stop, at which time I unleashed hell.

• Advertisement

Lisandro wrote: »
    I would much rather shake hands with someone who has just picked their nose than someone who has had their finger up their anus.

Yeah but it's a lot more common to find people with a finger up their nose than up their bum? I mean some people clear snot by picking it *shudders* but just cos you need to fart you don't stick a finger up the ould chocolate fudge canal!

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭Lisandro

Yeah but it's a lot more common to find people with a finger up their nose than up their bum? I mean some people clear snot by picking it *shudders* but just cos you need to fart you don't stick a finger up the ould chocolate fudge canal!

Well, I would still find the odour worse, it's a lot more, you know, mentally penetrating than residues of snot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,207 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

I don't get offended by them, I just think it's disgusting to let off a horrible smell around other people.

It is a rude thing to do in front of random people. :pac:

Its like picking your nose as someone talks to you or burying your hand down your pants, feeling the balls of yourelf while talking to the person at a till :pac:

The word manners comes to mind, lol.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

Better out than in. Would have been much worse if he internally combusted and splattered everywhere from holding it in!

jester77 wrote: »
    Better out than in. Would have been much worse if he internally combusted and splattered everywhere from holding it in!

Ah he would have lived! Sure I spend my days holding farts in and I never exploded.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭i71jskz5xu42pb

Flatophiles* are in high company
    At every fúck I gave you your shameless tongue came bursting out through your lips and if a gave you a bigger stronger fúck than usual, fat dirty farts came spluttering out of your backside. You had an arse full of farts that night, darling, and I fúcked them out of you, big fat fellows, long windy ones, quick little merry cracks and a lot of tiny little naughty farties ending in a long gush from your hole. It is wonderful to fúck a farting woman when every fúck drives one out of her. I think I would know Nora's fart anywhere. I think I could pick hers out in a roomful of farting women. It is a rather girlish noise not like the wet windy fart which I imagine fat wives have. It is sudden and dry and dirty like what a bold girl would let off in fun in a school dormitory at night. I hope Nora will let off no end of her farts in my face so that I may know their smell also.

* May not be a cromulent word

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,012 ✭✭✭uch

And sometimes the Hole

21/25

uch wrote: »
    And sometimes the Hole

Try all the time. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 942 ✭✭✭Real Life

I never fart, i have no hole in my arse

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 438 ✭✭thereitisgone

Real Life wrote: »
    I never fart, i have no hole in my arse

Your full of sh1t

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Muckit

I good fart always cheers me up. Sometimes I laugh even when I'm on my own....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,542 ✭✭✭Captain Darling

Clean out your spanx honey. Sometimes a man has gotten to unload one primed in the chamber.

I was passing through Lucan the other day on the way into town on important company business. Felt like i was going to be caught short so headed into Courtneys to use the well appointed facilities in there.

Nodded to Magda, the cleaner, on the way in and headed straight to stall number one in the gents. Sat down, squeezed off a solid coil off the back board, thick and tubular, no follow through. Grade A bowel movement to be fair.

Mid squeeze, there was a commotion outside and i heard someone burst into stall number two which was followed by a series of farts that could be heard out in the lounge i'd wager. Fcuking fent off it would strip varnish.

I cleaned the towel holder and pulled up my kacks, gave Magda a two euro tip and directed her to the 'war zone' when i was on the way out...

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭emul8ter25

Kenny vs. Spenny, Season 4 episode 2, "Who can blow the biggest fart"

Funniest thing I have ever seen.

Clean out your spanx honey. Sometimes a man has gotten to unload one primed in the chamber.

I was passing through Lucan the other day on the way into town on important company business. Felt like i was going to be caught short so headed into Courtneys to use the well appointed facilities in there.

Nodded to Magda, the cleaner, on the way in and headed straight to stall number one in the gents. Sat down, squeezed off a solid coil off the back board, thick and tubular, no follow through. Grade A bowel movement to be fair.

Mid squeeze, there was a commotion outside and i heard someone burst into stall number two which was followed by a series of farts that could be heard out in the lounge i'd wager. Fcuking fent off it would strip varnish.

I cleaned the towel holder and pulled up my kacks, gave Magda a two euro tip and directed her to the 'war zone' when i was on the way out...

You must be one of Flutt's apostles!

• Advertisement
Advertisement