If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New AV/Receiver

Options
  • 11-07-2012 2:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

hi,

Currently using Pioneer SC-LX71 receiver but want to upgrade this week

considering Onkyo 818, Denon 3313 , Pioneer SC-LX75....

Any recommendations on the differences?
    and any deals available on these?

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

jc_wicklow wrote: »
    hi,

Currently using Pioneer SC-LX71 receiver but want to upgrade this week

considering Onkyo 818, Denon 3313 , Pioneer SC-LX75....

Any recommendations on the differences?
    and any deals available on these?

JC,

thanks for the post and the opportunity to quote.

That's a nice position to be in! They are ALL excellent models.

I can do the following:

Onkyo TXNR818 - £949.95
    http://www.richersounds.com/product/av-receivers/onkyo/txnr818/onky-txnr818

Onkyo TXNR3009 £1499.95
    http://www.richersounds.com/product/av-receivers/onkyo/txnr3009/onky-txnr3009-blk

Denon AVR3113 - a really cracking receiver - I was at the launch last month and it sounded amazing - however we don't expect to see it until late July at £1099.95 including free delivery.

I have the Pioneer SCLX 85 also available from stock at £1499.95
    http://www.richersounds.com/product/av-receivers/pioneer/sc-lx85/pion-sclx85 again including free delivery..

I have also just been offered some interesting dealettes for Boardies on the '10' series of Premium Yamaha amps as follows:

Yamaha RXA1010 - £639.95 (reduced from £1000 as reviewed below!)
    http://www.whathifi.com/review/yamaha-rx-a1010

Yamaha RXA2010 - £899.95
    http://shop.retrevo.com/m/s/Yamaha-RX-A2010-Receivers-review-manual/id/23995dj789/t/1-2/

Or...if you really want to spoil yourself:

Yamaha 3010 - £1199.95 (Reduced from £2000 again as per this What Hifi 5 star review)
    http://www.whathifi.com/review/yamaha-rx-a3010

Hope that gives you some info to go on - and as ever please don't hesitate to drop me a line if I can assist in any way,

Thanks as ever,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 6 jc_wicklow

thanks for that - and the detailed options

I've had a closer look at the others you mentioned and am leaning towards the denon3313

my pioneer has a fault after 4yrs which has put me off them. I've had denon's in the past and love their sound

Can I be notified when the 3313's arrive in or should I just start calling at the end of the month?

thanks for that - and the detailed options

I've had a closer look at the others you mentioned and am leaning towards the denon3313

my pioneer has a fault after 4yrs which has put me off them. I've had denon's in the past and love their sound

Can I be notified when the 3313's arrive in or should I just start calling at the end of the month?

Apologies for the late response...and hmmmmmmm an SCLX71 developing a fault after 4 years I agree isn't great - if you like we can speak to Pioneer for you and see if they can do anything on the service cost (obviously I don't know whats wrong with it or where you purchased it - but I'm happy to have a chat with them??)

On the denon Front - we hope to get our 1st AVR3313 in the next couple of weeks and if you like I can reserve one in your name from the first shipment

L_AVR3313_e2_bk_fr_op.png

L_AVR3313_e2_sp_re.png

I have also PM'd you a very special Boardie launch price on the AVR3313 - give me a shout if you would like to order!

Thanks again,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 6 jc_wicklow

Pioneer is still useable - but it doesnt decode DTS-HD signals...meaning i've had to switch all sources to output PCM...not a big issue but annoying

I've pm'd you re:Denon

Pioneer is still useable - but it doesnt decode DTS-HD signals...meaning i've had to switch all sources to output PCM...not a big issue but annoying

I've pm'd you re:Denon

Yep, that would be annoying okay eek!

Thanks for the Denon Biz - as soon as it appears over the horizon we will etch your name on one!

Thanks again,

ATVB,

John Mc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38 jay1912

Hi John

Wouldn't mind a price on that denon avr3313

Got a monitor audio R250 delivered from you guys a few weeks ago ( think its time for a new amp) :eek:

Thanks
    Jay

• Company Representative Posts: 17,277 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

jay1912 wrote: »
    Hi John

Wouldn't mind a price on that denon avr3313

Got a monitor audio R250 delivered from you guys a few weeks ago ( think its time for a new amp) :eek:

Thanks
    Jay

Hi Jay,

Hope you're enjoying the 250. It's a great centre. :)

Our price here on the system for the 3313 is £1,099.95.

Should have these in very soon hopefully. :)

Chris

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.